Eagles Begin Camp.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Eagles Begin Camp.......

Post by Enugu II »

The team begins training in Kano in preparation for a game against Benin Republic for a place in the CHAN.

Adidas cleat gets free publicity. :rotf:

Image Ajiboye & Afelokhai hoping to get all the way to Cameroon game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagles Begin Camp.......

Post by Kabalega »

Enugu II wrote:The team begins training in Kano in preparation for a game against Benin Republic for a place in the CHAN.

Who is wearing the Adidas jersey?

Will Nike let it slide?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Kabalega wrote:Who is wearing the Adidas jersey?

Will Nike let it slide?
That's some of our people for you. Total disrespect for order.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote:

Will Nike let it slide?
Kpom. Watch the players warming up and one of them is wearing an adidas cleats. This should be controlled ensuring that the only wear in camp is Nike wear.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
joao wrote:

Will Nike let it slide?
Kpom. Watch the players warming up and one of them is wearing an adidas cleats. This should be controlled ensuring that the only wear in camp is Nike wear.
Does Nigeria's Nike contract cover cleats? Not all jersey contracts extend to footwear....
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

joao wrote:

Will Nike let it slide?
I don't think our Nike contract extends to footwear...
In fact, Nike itself only brags of the technology used for our shirts and shorts.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
joao wrote:

Will Nike let it slide?
...you should've known by now players wear their own choice of footwear in football, both at national team and club levels. Unless na poor teams that get full donation from a sporting company.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
joao wrote:

Will Nike let it slide?
...you should've known by now players wear their own choice of footwear in football, both at national team and club levels. Unless na poor teams that get full donation from a sporting company.
Exactly! I recall Leon Balogun signing an Adidas shoe contract in 2015, and I believe he plays for the SE in Adidas white cleats...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:The team begins training in Kano in preparation for a game against Benin Republic for a place in the CHAN.

Are these our U-50 team players?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Why do our goalies almost always have dodgy jersey colors? Purple, pink etc.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

theYemster wrote:Why do our goalies almost always have dodgy jersey colors? Purple, pink etc.
The player on the right has perspired heavily, wetting his jersey. The other looked like he was giving out Lucozade during the training drills.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

scholl wrote:
theYemster wrote:Why do our goalies almost always have dodgy jersey colors? Purple, pink etc.
The player on the right has perspired heavily, wetting his jersey. The other looked like he was giving out Lucozade during the training drills.
Nigeria is a hot place even if you live there!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
joao wrote:

Will Nike let it slide?
Exactly! I recall Leon Balogun signing an Adidas shoe contract in 2015, and I believe he plays for the SE in Adidas white cleats...
Gotti

I was not aware that these CHAN players have signed shoe contracts with sponsors. My thThese guys aren't Balogun or Victor Moses. For guys like that, I thought teams provide footwear for them.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

1naija wrote:

Are these our U-50 team players?
no age limit-. just show me your qualities and abilities in goal
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Gotti

I was not aware that these CHAN players have signed shoe contracts with sponsors. My thThese guys aren't Balogun or Victor Moses. For guys like that, I thought teams provide footwear for them.
Bros, they don't need to have signed individual shoe contracts. So long as the NFF does not have a shoe contract for the team, each player should ideally wear whatever cleats he is comfortable playing in. The era where every player on a team wears the same make and/or color (usually black) of cleats is far gone.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL