Rabah Madjer targets win against Nigeria in first game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Rabah Madjer targets win against Nigeria in first game

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Newly appointed coach of the senior national team of Algeria Rabah Madjer says he is targeting a win over Nigeria in their dead rubber World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie against Nigeria.

Madjer was appointed coach few days ago with a mandate to ensure that the team qualifies for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, and the coach says a win over Nigeria will boost their morale ahead of their AFCON Qualifiers game next year.

Nigeria are already through to the World Cup but Madjer insist he expects a tought game nonetheless as Nigeria are presently one of the best teams in Africa.

“If we start with a win over Nigeria, it will help the confidence qualifying for CAN 2019. I am very proud to have been chosen and to feel this confidence around me,” Madjer told Lagazette du Fennec.

The Algeria soccer legend who is in his third stint as coach of the team also hit back at critics of his appointment, insisting that he will answer them with results on the pitch.

“Yes, I am attacked by journalists, by people on social networks. But I can assure you that I feel a lot of confidence from a majority of the public. I see it when I go out on the street.

“But we know that I will be judged on the results. And so this match against Nigeria is very important.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/27/a- ... ah-madjer/
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rabah Madjer targets win against Nigeria in first game

Post by The YeyeMan »

He's in the same position as Rohr was when he took over - first game is a dead rubber at home. Nonetheless Algeria should be up for this game and I want Nigeria to go through this campaign with zero losses.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The YeyeMan wrote:He's in the same position as Rohr was when he took over - first game is a dead rubber at home. Nonetheless Algeria should be up for this game and I want Nigeria to go through this campaign with zero losses.

I can see the Algerian players giving their everything in this game. They will want to play for the coach.

If you look at Algeria's past games, you will see that there was no passion in them:

Both goals here are total giveaways. Just as they dashed us three in Uyo, they gifted Cameroon twice in this match. They need a man like Madjer, who the players will want to play for.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

I believe he was part of the technical crew the last time we visited them. It didn't end well for them and it won't change this time
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is "dead rubber " the only phrase owngoal know to decribe this match? They are the only fake news outlet i have seen use this phrase. And they use it over and over and over again. It's puke inducing!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

This continuous use of "dead rubber" by that site is troubling indeed. It is made to look like the game is completely meaningless and should not even be taking place.

Well, it is NOT a meaningless game for the Algerians who have a new coach and have now started their preparations for the 2019 AFCON. It is also not "dead rubber" for Nigeria as it is a competitive game. It will negatively affect our FIFA rankings and H2H against Algeria if we lose a game we didn't need to lose.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

I thought I was the only one that found that expression 'dead rubber' annoying! They should stop using it please.

Allnigeriasoccer also uses the expression 'run the rule' even when it doesn't really apply to the context. They need to enrich and expand their scope in terms of vocabulary please.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Do we need to win this game, NO. But we should try some new players against Algeria. A draw will be fine for Nigeria.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The phrase isn't as annoying to me as "sweat merchant". :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Nigerian Police always "swing to action"
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Na wah for all of una. Guys, forget about it, as long as you understand what they are saying in their article, just let it be. That's my take on it all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Another one of their favorite words is "unleash" talk of sensational journalism at its best.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

So which of our sweat merchants will Rohr unleash in this dead rubber game? :taunt: :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."