Wilson Oruma.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wilson Oruma.

Post by wanaj0 »

mcal wrote:
oloye wrote:
mcal wrote:
Odas wrote:After reading the article in above, assuming it is true - and I see nothing to make me not believe it is true - I am glad Oruma is recovering or has recovered well. However, I blame him for two things. One is his failure to consult his attorney while all these were and another is his refusal to press charges against the Pastor. I believe the Pastor has hands in the duping of Oruma and so, got some parts of the money
...Nigerians will trust their pastor first before a lawyer, that's why churches and their pastors are stupendously rich. Criticize them, you will be called a devil.
Church is the "best" business in Nigeria, they have learned very well from the yanks.
This is as stupid as it sounds...are you telling me attorneys dont dupe their clients as well or even give them bad counsel?

The truth here the issue of trust can be betrayed by anyone such is entrusted with, be it attorney, doctors, bankers or even business patners. Certainly it was done by this foolish pastor,yes he is foolish for dragging his ministry and the church into this mess!

That said pastors should bot be involved in this manner of transactions, if you want to preach ,stay to matters of faith and spirit. Pastors should stay away from facilitating earthly and wordly businesss deals. They should take a cue from the one whom they serve, the greatest pastor of all Jesus.

When he was asked to intervene in the matters of earthly inheritance between two brothers....he made his position clear that he was not called to be a judge over such matters. Saying so not bevause he was insensitive but from a simple position which says i have taught enough on issues of morals and relationship for you to be able to judge such matters by yourself.

Pastors stay away from stupid deals, if you want to be a broker leave and become one, stop abusing your position of trust
...both dupe and defrauds. When it comes to such a huge amount you don't just drop it all on the laps of the pastor, and I can guarantee you no papers/agreement were signed, but "prayers" offered only as that is a tunic for the weak minded folks.
For an attorney he will draft some kind of document of which you'll have a copy to fall back on in case something go south.
I doubt the director of a Brazilian bank that Emmanuel Nwude scammed of $242m contacted any pastor :) I expect that many international attorneys were involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Nwude
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Rawlings wrote:he was talking to himself = he was on the phone hands-free
You think this is funny? :curse: :curse:
I am happy
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I did a google search and there is apparently an article from 2004 with this same topic!

Is it possible that this is an urban legend, or at least a story that has truth to it, but has become so far removed from its context.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Why protect the pastor? This individual should have his or her name plastered all over the internet so he does not introduce his buddies to anyone else.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

imehjunior wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:He lives in VGC and it is common knowledge that he had a mental breakdown after he lost significant sums to a bunch of guys.
Dint know or read it any where till now. If true hope he gets well soon.

Same here. Sad
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Dammy wrote:Nigeria is a hard and heartless country.

Dealing with almost anyone there will drive the average Joe bonkers!!!! Y some don't even bother.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Dammy wrote:
You think this is funny? :curse: :curse:
You think you're asking a human being?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why even do business in Nigeria?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

This is common and what I suspect to have happened.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Odas wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:He lives in VGC and it is common knowledge that he had a mental breakdown after he lost significant sums to a bunch of guys.
What is "VGC?" On the other hand, this is my first time hearing he is a victim of scam or "Yahoo boys/girls." Losing N1.2 billion will make anyone go crazy if no support (in whichever way possible) is provided to the victim
Victoria Garden City, Lekki, Lagos.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Tbite wrote:I did a google search and there is apparently an article from 2004 with this same topic!

Is it possible that this is an urban legend, or at least a story that has truth to it, but has become so far removed from its context.

I agree, same thoughts here
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I heard about this a few years ago. I don't know how bad it is but heard from peeps that see him in Lagos that this could be the case due to his behavior when seen. I pray all is well with him.
yes o
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote:Why protect the pastor? This individual should have his or her name plastered all over the internet so he does not introduce his buddies to anyone else.
...pastors/preachers are mega god in Nigeria.
Go after them and you are condemned.
Example, the evil pedophilia pervading the Catholic church flourishes in Nigeria but you never hear any of them accused.
They are revered reason why they are called reverends :sad:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goldleaf wrote:
Odas wrote:
What is "VGC?" On the other hand, this is my first time hearing he is a victim of scam or "Yahoo boys/girls." Losing N1.2 billion will make anyone go crazy if no support (in whichever way possible) is provided to the victim
Victoria Garden City, Lekki, Lagos.
Thx for the clarification - Chief Goldleaf!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Why protect the pastor? This individual should have his or her name plastered all over the internet so he does not introduce his buddies to anyone else.
...pastors/preachers are mega god in Nigeria.
Go after them and you are condemned.
Example, the evil pedophilia pervading the Catholic church flourishes in Nigeria but you never hear any of them accused.
They are revered reason why they are called reverends :sad:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Okaaaaaay! A good one, indeed
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Very unfortunate experience for Oruma. That said, the following for me are always red flags when considering business opportunities in Nigeria:
1. Pastor
2. Oil bloc

If a guy who is involved says he's a pastor, there's a very great chance that he's a fraudster. And 90+ percent of oil bloc deals in naija are fake. So when you read pastor plus oil bloc that one na definite wayo before discussions go deep. Anyway it's good to hear that he's back on his feet tho we pray for a complete recovery through God's grace.