Racist Ralf? and 'A whole village in Guinea’...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Racist Ralf? and 'A whole village in Guinea’...

Post by txj »

SMH...

RB Leipzig’s sporting director, Ralf Rangnick, has criticised Naby Keïta’s entourage and claimed the midfielder has had his head turned by “a whole village in Guinea”.

Keïta has been the subject of two failed bids from Liverpool, with the latest – a £66m offer that would have shattered their transfer record – rejected last week. Jürgen Klopp has made the 22-year-old his priority in midfield this summer, with Keïta understood to have informed Leipzig he is keen to move to Anfield.

However, despite reports in Germany that last season’s Bundesliga runners-up were searching for replacements, Rangnick insisted that neither Keïta nor the attacking midfielder Emil Forsberg would be leaving the club.

“There should be someone who points them into the right direction,” he said at a coaching convention in Bochum on Wednesday. “The boys themselves are not the problem here. It is their surroundings. A whole village in Guinea or somebody from their entourage tells the players why they must do something right away. I can’t blame the players.

“I expect them to play for us next season. Both are extraordinary players who make the difference for our team.”

Guardian sport has contacted Keïta’s agents for comment. They are understood to have held talks with Leipzig on Wednesday having met Klopp this week during Liverpool’s pre-season tour to Hong Kong.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Racist Ralf? and 'A whole village in Guinea’...

Post by txj »

Ed Aarons @ed_aarons
Ralf Rangnick has attempted to explain his comments about Naby #Keita. It's not a great attempt...
10:42 - 27 Jul 2017
171 171 Retweets 192 192 likes

Now, The Guardian’s Ed Aarons has revealed that Rangnick has tried to justify his comments by saying:

“Many players with an African backround, and I’ve met a lot of them, there is a clan and sometimes a whole village that feeds with the help of a player. And that there are people who demand that he has to change, that is so.

Believe me, my knowledge of geography is sufficient to distinguish Guinea from Africa.”

Many are of the opinion that he has not made the situation any better. Yesterday, Aarons also revealed that Keita’s entourage are said to have spoken to Rangnick about the players future having been in contact with Jürgen Klopp whilst he and the Liverpool squad were in Hong Kong.

It remains to be seen how the player and his representatives will react to the Leipzig sporting director’s comments.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Osasu Obayiuwana‏Verified account
@osasuo

Replying to @ed_aarons

Was it racist? Or just plain ignorant and daft? Not sure which, to be honest...

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

txj wrote:SMH...

RB Leipzig’s sporting director, Ralf Rangnick, has criticised Naby Keïta’s entourage and claimed the midfielder has had his head turned by “a whole village in Guinea”.

Keïta has been the subject of two failed bids from Liverpool, with the latest – a £66m offer that would have shattered their transfer record – rejected last week. Jürgen Klopp has made the 22-year-old his priority in midfield this summer, with Keïta understood to have informed Leipzig he is keen to move to Anfield.

However, despite reports in Germany that last season’s Bundesliga runners-up were searching for replacements, Rangnick insisted that neither Keïta nor the attacking midfielder Emil Forsberg would be leaving the club.

“There should be someone who points them into the right direction,” he said at a coaching convention in Bochum on Wednesday. “The boys themselves are not the problem here. It is their surroundings. A whole village in Guinea or somebody from their entourage tells the players why they must do something right away. I can’t blame the players.

“I expect them to play for us next season. Both are extraordinary players who make the difference for our team.”

Guardian sport has contacted Keïta’s agents for comment. They are understood to have held talks with Leipzig on Wednesday having met Klopp this week during Liverpool’s pre-season tour to Hong Kong.
So what if he is feeding a whole village in Guinea, no different from any other player who moves for money, unless he is saying what he is paying him is good enough
Oya back to the matter
open and close
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It's freakin true! Look at situation nacho got in for taking village advice on his image rights after signing with a us based company.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Prince wrote:

So what if he is feeding a whole village in Guinea, no different from any other player who moves for money, unless he is saying what he is paying him is good enough

Ok. What about Emil Fosberg- does a whole village in Sweden also get involved in his case?

And Neymar? What whole village in Brazil is involved in his transfer saga?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ismo@kxsmo

"How can i possibly be racist? Would a racist own several Africans ?" - Ralf Rangnick

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

txj wrote:
Prince wrote:

Ok. What about Emil Fosberg- does a whole village in Sweden also get involved in his case?

And Neymar? What whole village in Brazil is involved in his transfer saga?
He can move for whatever he reasom he wants
Oya back to the matter
open and close
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

txj wrote:ismo@kxsmo

"How can i possibly be racist? Would a racist own several Africans ?" - Ralf Rangnick
This Rangnick fellow must be a moron...
Keeps putting his foot in his mouth...

So a Trans-Atlantic slave-dealer wasn't a racist because he "owned several Africans?"

No wonder he seems "outraged" that Keita desires to further his career...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I asked RB Leipzig's press office- "summary" of today's press comments.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

But you've shown similar mentality about Ijaw people, so why are you shaking your head?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Why are you guys attempting to defend the guy? Clearly, it is a statement I. Poor taste then he claims "ownership" as if he is a slavemaster.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Face palm.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Incredible.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Ralf Rangnick is not being racist.. He was the coach of fast rising Hoffeiheim those days, that took the Bundesliga by suprise and kind of messed Chinedu Ogbuke career, that only when they discovered he was injury prone, Hoffeihem finally sold an almost expired Ogbuke to Schalke..
I am afraid keita would miss a big opportunity to make more money he sticks with RB Leipzig.. RB Leipzig is a fast rising club back by Rich and ambitious owners. They scout for the best talents with value for money and now tie them down untill they get the most from them. When your talents is not yet known, these clubs are the place to be, but they hardly sell, because they know it would cost a lot to replace..
So if Keita is serious about leaving, he should get a good agent to handle this for him.. Or best just milk the situation to get MEGA salary..
afc##
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

chuks69 wrote:Ralf Rangnick is not being racist.. He was the coach of fast rising Hoffeiheim those days, that took the Bundesliga by suprise and kind of messed Chinedu Ogbuke career, that only when they discovered he was injury prone, Hoffeihem finally sold an almost expired Ogbuke to Schalke..
I am afraid keita would miss a big opportunity to make more money he sticks with RB Leipzig.. RB Leipzig is a fast rising club back by Rich and ambitious owners. They scout for the best talents with value for money and now tie them down untill they get the most from them. When your talents is not yet known, these clubs are the place to be, but they hardly sell, because they know it would cost a lot to replace..
So if Keita is serious about leaving, he should get a good agent to handle this for him.. Or best just milk the situation to get MEGA salary..
So how does that explain his comments about Keita..?

And this bombshell:
..."How can i possibly be racist? Would a racist own several Africans ?"...
He is comfortable expressing some derogatory perceptions about Africans, and he's not racist?

The fact he covets African talent doesn't excuse the fact that his perception of Africans is racist...same as the white slave-owners who "valued" the slaves for the simple reason they were assets that made money for the slave-owner...

Racism does not necessarily begin & end with 'dislike' or 'abhorrence' of a person of a different race to the point that contact or communication is excluded; it can exist in subtle forms; like expressions...
You can value black music, or black players, and still be racist...
For e.g. you can't love watching LeBron James and at the same time truly believe (without empirical evidence) that he belongs to a race with a lower IQ than a caucasian...and then claim you're not racist on account of the fact that you adore his athletic prowess...

Abeg, stop making excuses for the man; his comments are racist, so he's racist...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
chuks69 wrote:Ralf Rangnick is not being racist.. He was the coach of fast rising Hoffeiheim those days, that took the Bundesliga by suprise and kind of messed Chinedu Ogbuke career, that only when they discovered he was injury prone, Hoffeihem finally sold an almost expired Ogbuke to Schalke..
So how does that explain his comments about Keita..?

And this bombshell:
..."How can i possibly be racist? Would a racist own several Africans ?"...
He is comfortable expressing some derogatory perceptions about Africans, and he's not racist?

The fact he covets African talent doesn't excuse the fact that his perception of Africans is racist...same as the white slave-owners who "valued" the slaves for the simple reason they were assets that made money for the slave-owner...

Racism does not necessarily begin & end with 'dislike' or 'abhorrence' of a person of a different race to the point that contact or communication is excluded; it can exist in subtle forms; like expressions...
You can value black music, or black players, and still be racist...
For e.g. you can't love watching LeBron James and at the same time truly believe (without empirical evidence) that he belongs to a race with a lower IQ than a caucasian...and then claim you're not racist on account of the fact that you adore his athletic prowess...

Abeg, stop making excuses for the man; his comments are racist, so he's racist...
Thanks my bother. I am shocked to see attempts to defend this man.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.