Ikeme: Grateful for support after leukaemia diagnosis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Ikeme: Grateful for support after leukaemia diagnosis

Post by iworo »

Carl Ikeme: Wolves goalkeeper grateful for support after leukaemia diagnosis

Wolves fans held up cards spelling Carl Ikeme's name before Saturday's win over Middlesbrough

Wolves goalkeeper Carl Ikeme has thanked fans and colleagues for their "incredible" support since he was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in July.

The Nigeria international, 31, is undergoing chemotherapy.

"The support you've shown me has been incredible," said Ikeme in a video message played at Molineux before Saturday's 1-0 win over Middlesbrough.

"It's really helped me get through these first few weeks and will help me get through the rest of my treatment."
Wolves supporters held cards spelling Ikeme's name before kick-off, Wanderers players wore special T-shirts during their warm-up and the cover of the match programme - designed by ex-Wolves captain Jody Craddock - featured images of the goalkeeper.

Several events raising funds for Birmingham-based charity Cure Leukaemia have been staged since Ikeme's diagnosis, including a 24-hour penalty shoot-out and a sponsored walk before Saturday's game.

The season opener also gave Middlesbrough the chance to show their support for Boro academy player Anthony Renton, who was also diagnosed with leukaemia in July.

Wolves players wore special shirts in the warm-up before their win over Middlesbrough

Gabby Agbonlahor held aloft a t-shirt supporting Ikeme after scoring for Aston Villa against Hull on Saturday

Carl Ikeme has played more than 200 games for Wolves since his debut in 2005

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40849462
asabatex
Egg
Egg
Re: Ikeme: Grateful for support after leukaemia diagnosis

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Get well soon!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Get well soon to Carl and to all others who has been diagnosed with the disease (Leukemia)
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.