Declaration of War - The Elites vs The New Money

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Declaration of War - The Elites vs The New Money

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Several years ago, I watched an interview of a coach. Cant remember who the coach is now, not sure whether its mourinho or another coach, but I think it was Mourinho because he was coach of cheslea (a club considered outside the elites). In this interview, the coach was asked why he had never secured a player through "buy out clause." And the coach pretty much said that elite clubs put up "buy out clauses," not because they intend to sell the player when the buy out club is met. In fact, they do it because the player requests it, and the clubs have an "understanding" amongst themselves (other elite clubs) that it will not be triggered. And he gave examples of release clubs that have been triggered and it was usually one of the elites triggering the clause of a player at a non-elite and always, the elite always agreed with the other clubs to "meet" the clause, but not "trigger" it. And in that way, the elite dosnt pay the VAT.

He later said, and this line was very fascinating -- that if a club dared to trigger a release clause, there will be war.

We all know PSG is about to trigger Neymar's clause. Well, the elites are about to declare war. Barcelona, ManUtd, Juventus, Bayern, Milan and RealMadrid Board members will have a meeting, and will take actions against ManCity and PSG.
PSG and City are upsetting the applecart, if this Neymar deal goes through, then all of a sudden it means the best players will no longer be going to Barcelona or Madrid, but to PSG.
This scares those two clubs because they have been dominating Champions League mostly because they have the best players in Europe in their squads.

But also can we address the issue of FFP, are PSG and City really flouting FFP rules somehow ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FFP never existed. It only existed in two places:

1. for clubs outside the "elite"; and
2. those using it to excuse failure of their club.

Do you remember how and why FFP started? Think back! It was the elite who used their political power to control the neo-rich, after clubs like Chelsea started competing.

Aha I remember Chelsea being openly denounced for buying too much, and that something must be done.

So now i guess something must be done because of what PSG is doing as you said earlier.
No wonder some of these clubs are selling players cheap to each other, raising my suspicions :sneaky:
I also suspected when AW sold RvP to Sir Alex, with a handshake and a wink/whisper. And the way Arsenal had been selling playings to Man City, or perhaps, the way Man City has bailed out Arsenal by overpaying for the likes of Clichy....Looks like there is a conspiracy in the EPL as well. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote: Bros what does man city had to do with PSG trigger Neymars clause?
I dont know. But thats the agenda of their meeting.
Secondly why is all the elites club holding meeting against PSG?
arrogance. "How dare you come in here and do to us what we have been doing to others."
Third what will happen after the meeting to PSG.
I dont know.
Oga Danfo why is beloved, Liverpool and Chelsea not in this meeting but Milan and Juve are in the meeting?
:lol: Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are not considered "elite" clubs.

Both Milan and Juve are considered amongst the "elite clubs" in Europe. In fact, Milan is considered the 2nd biggest club in Europe.
I don't know, Barcelona and Milan will be less hostile to a resurgent Liverpool than City or PSG, they'll feel it's a historical team. These teams (the Italians especially) hate the "new money" teams more than their own rivals.
I dont think so. With what I know (which, frankly, may not be much :lol: ), the elite group isnt open to new members. Its like a cult that understands its strenght and its political power. And for some reason, they feel like if they welcome any new member, it will weaken them. The best example is the UN Security Counsel. 5 countries controlling the world. They can include a new member if they want, but they never will.
So the old G14 then?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

danfo driver wrote:Several years ago, I watched an interview of a coach. Cant remember who the coach is now, not sure whether its mourinho or another coach, but I think it was Mourinho because he was coach of cheslea (a club considered outside the elites). In this interview, the coach was asked why he had never secured a player through "buy out clause." And the coach pretty much said that elite clubs put up "buy out clauses," not because they intend to sell the player when the buy out club is met. In fact, they do it because the player requests it, and the clubs have an "understanding" amongst themselves (other elite clubs) that it will not be triggered. And he gave examples of release clubs that have been triggered and it was usually one of the elites triggering the clause of a player at a non-elite and always, the elite always agreed with the other clubs to "meet" the clause, but not "trigger" it. And in that way, the elite dosnt pay the VAT.

He later said, and this line was very fascinating -- that if a club dared to trigger a release clause, there will be war.

We all know PSG is about to trigger Neymar's clause. Well, the elites are about to declare war. Barcelona, ManUtd, Juventus, Bayern, Milan and RealMadrid Board members will have a meeting, and will take actions against ManCity and PSG.
They can take actions all they want but PSG and City didn't do anything illegal. The only thing they can do is cry and influence UEFA to shift goalposts in a way that benefits them. They want to stay top dogs forever without anyone challenging their dominance, what kind of rubbish is that? They should go to court jare! Those money boys have more than enough money to throw at the legal system. They should accept reality and stop being daft.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote:

They can take actions all they want but PSG and City didn't do anything illegal. The only thing they can do is cry and influence UEFA to shift goalposts in a way that benefits them. They want to stay top dogs forever without anyone challenging their dominance, what kind of rubbish is that? They should go to court jare! Those money boys have more than enough money to throw at the legal system. They should accept reality and stop being daft.

To you, its "being daft." To them, its "being intelligent." :lol: :lol: :lol: Who doesnt want to control the rules that applies to everyone?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Said it from inception when the false panacea was being flaunted like a two bit whore in Development threads. FFP was no more than a sleight of hand to preserve the status quo and pimp the paupers.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

To you, its "being daft." To them, its "being intelligent." :lol: :lol: :lol: Who doesnt want to control the rules that applies to everyone?
It's daft because they don't want to accept reality.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

It's called preserving your status. Look at how Milan and Liverpool or even Ajax are struggling to scrape into European competition today, if they could have prevented those teams from taking over they would have.

The other thing is a lot of these teams still have members from 30 years ago on their boards, these guys likely have relationships with their counterparts on the other boards and are going to look out for their friends as well as themselves. See Agnelli family and the likes.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kalani JR wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

It's called preserving your status. Look at how Milan and Liverpool or even Ajax are struggling to scrape into European competition today, if they could have prevented those teams from taking over they would have.

The other thing is a lot of these teams still have members from 30 years ago on their boards, these guys likely have relationships with their counterparts on the other boards and are going to look out for their friends as well as themselves. See Agnelli family and the likes.
I know what they are doing, anyone can see that. That's the reason why they used their influence to draft that dumb Financial Fair Play rule in order to stay at the top forever. It's also the reason why they keep trying to change the rules to suit their old money buddies (ie: making old money teams qualify via wild card slots). Football is basically run like a mafia and I like the fact that the Arabs are shaking things up. They have the money to burn if the old money boys want to take the legal route.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

I am sorry, but you are the one not accepting reality.

House of Cards: "Only thing more important than money is POWER" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote: Bros what does man city had to do with PSG trigger Neymars clause?
arrogance. "How dare you come in here and do to us what we have been doing to others."
I dont know.
Oga Danfo why is beloved, Liverpool and Chelsea not in this meeting but Milan and Juve are in the meeting?

Both Milan and Juve are considered amongst the "elite clubs" in Europe. In fact, Milan is considered the 2nd biggest club in Europe.
Thread was interesting until this rubbish :boo: :boo:
YNWA
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo has been talking a lot of rubbish in this thread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

heavyd wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know.

Milan was definitely that until very recently, some considered their Champions League titles to have more merit than Madrid since they were won in the "modern era". Don't forget their early 90s team is still considered the greatest team in football history.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Easy to forget that this is not the first time Barca has lost a top player.

I truly do not see the sea change in football some are predicting.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Prince wrote:

Interesting :thumb:
You understood that? Maybe I need some sleep. :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^ :rotf: the daft danfo, has been posting pure rubbish. .the eyeservive mixed with ITK got no equal on this forum. ..
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
heavyd wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know.

Milan was definitely that until very recently, some considered their Champions League titles to have more merit than Madrid since they were won in the "modern era". Don't forget their early 90s team is still considered the greatest team in football history.
Milan IS PRESENTLY the second biggest club in Europe, only slightly second to Madrid. FACT! They are powerful and they control football in Europe with the other elites who accepts and respects Milan's position.

Those who dont like it can cry, twerk, finger themselves, but there is NOTHING they can do about it.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
heavyd wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know.

Milan IS PRESENTLY the second biggest club in Europe, only slightly second to Madrid. FACT! They are powerful and they control football in Europe with the other elites who accepts and respects Milan's position.

Those who dont like it can cry, twerk, finger themselves, but there is NOTHING they can do about it.

Ovbi' oba, 2nd biggest by what index?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
heavyd wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know.

I'll argue Barcelona has more influence in 2017. Galliani isn't at the club anymore. Barcelona has the Champions League titles to be considered a major team, the next couple of years of Chinese ownership can change a lot but for now. Barça is ahead.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
heavyd wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know.

Ovbi' oba, 2nd biggest by what index?
History, titles and power in UEFA.

You should check out Florentino Perez's comments about Milan spending? The power clubs know Milan's power in UEFA and standing in Europe.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Danfo, just a quick question

The transfers of Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, did these players have release clauses ?

How many EPL clubs currently have players on release clauses, i understand Aguero has one too.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

So the meeting has been scheduled.

The Representatives of The Elite Clubs will meet in Monaco to discuss details of the proposed "gentleman agreement" against Man City and PSG. The details will include a pact no to purchase and not to sell any players to Man City and PSG. They hope that the "no-purchase" pact will have a serious effect as most young talented players who want to one day play for an Elite Club like "Real Madrid, Barca, United, Bayern" etc.. will reject Man City and PSG.

The Elite Clubs have also invited some non-Elite clubs to join the pact and clubs like Lyon, Tottenham, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Inter, Dortmund and Liverpool have all agreed to attend the meeting and join the pact. They are waiting to hear back from other non-Elite clubs.