NEYMAR: Official Request....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: NEYMAR: Official Request....

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wanaj0 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:Clearly this is about more than money cos he was very well paid. Neymar probably feels Messi's presence is preventing him from maximizing his potential. Would a Nigeran (or maybe even African) player gamble on himself and pull such an ambitious move or would they be content playing second fiddle since they're already getting paid? :?
I said this in the other thread. Many players, not just Nigerian tbf, would have gladly settled at Barcelona - perhaps even content with a place on the bench.
It is about MONEY nothing else.

Is he taking a pay cut? :tic: He moved purely because he got a BETTER offer.
abeg tell them .. they are here miss-yarning
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

theYemster wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
theYemster wrote:Clearly this is about more than money cos he was very well paid. Neymar probably feels Messi's presence is preventing him from maximizing his potential. Would a Nigeran (or maybe even African) player gamble on himself and pull such an ambitious move or would they be content playing second fiddle since they're already getting paid? :?
Nigerians and Africans move all the time to guarantee playing time.
Neymar already had ample playing time so it's not about that. I'm talking about him wanting to be the top dog, not wanting to play second fiddle to Messi.
Was he not aware that Messi was there when he joined Barca? He was ready to play second fiddle until an irresistible offer came!

No way to spin this, it was all about MONEY.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Nothing wrong with him moving for the money. Fair play to him.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

wanaj0 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Nigerians and Africans move all the time to guarantee playing time.
Neymar already had ample playing time so it's not about that. I'm talking about him wanting to be the top dog, not wanting to play second fiddle to Messi.
Was he not aware that Messi was there when he joined Barca? He was ready to play second fiddle until an irresistible offer came!

No way to spin this, it was all about MONEY.
Not only was he aware he joined because Messi was there. Now a lot can change in 5 years, career goals and prospects for example.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bookmark the url for ACL Sports, which launched a few days ago. A key source for sports news. I will be doing a blog for them.
PSG unveil Neymar as world’s most expensive player
Oyeniyi Sola August 4, 2017 Football, News
https://www.aclsports.com/998-2/

Paris St. Germain has unveiled Neymar Jnr at Parc des Prince following a world record €222m move from Barcelona to the French capital.

The Brazilian forward who was introduced by PSG Chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi, was unveiled during a live press conference this afternoon.

‘I am very, very happy,’ Neymar said. ‘I cannot describe what I am feeling in my heart right now. I am here to help the team to win as many titles as possible. I have come to take on a new challenge and to win titles. I have friends here in Paris and I already feel at home here. I was very happy during my four years in Barcelona. I am not sad, I won lots of titles.’

‘I have never been motivated by money. It is not my primary concern. I always follow my heart. To be the most expensive player in the world does not concern me or weigh me down,” he said. “I am still the same weight as always, I have nothing on my back. I am ready to get started. I have seen Parc des Princes and I am itching to pull on my new shirt and play,’ he concluded.

The PSG Chairman on Neymar said: ‘I am very happy to present our big star, an idol to the whole world,’ he said. ‘We have always wanted Neymar. He is the best player in the world and now he is ours. We want to win the Champions League but other titles as well. We are here to write the club’s history.’

Addressing rumours that PSG went after Neymar in response to Barcelona’s pursuit of their key midfielder Marco Verratti earlier in the summer Al-Khelaifi said: ‘We did not buy Neymar because Barcelona wanted Marco. We simply wanted the best player in the world.’

He added that: “Before Neymar, PSG were worth €1 billion. With Neymar, we are now worth €1.5bn. It is a transfer that has cost a lot today but that will surely not be the case in two years’ time.,’ he said.

Neymar hopes to make his competitive debut in the Ligue 1 on Saturday against Amiens. He however acknowledges that is a decision to be made by the coach.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

shirt sales will go through the roof

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: