Nigerian Prophet: SE might not qualify for World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian Prophet: SE might not qualify for World Cup

Post by Kabalega »

Nigerian Prophet: Super Eagles might not qualify for World Cup

BY EDGAR KAZIBWE

Nigerian Prophet Tommy Aika is worried the country’s national football team may not qualify for the 2018 World Cup ahead of their qualifier against Cameroon.

The ‘Man of God’ claims his spiritual messages revealed to him that the team would falter because of sticking with a foreign coach, instead of a Nigerian.

The Primate and General Overseer of the Glory Church of Christ says he got the revelation 10 years ago and alongside a terrible selection for coach he also criticizes football administrators who have not helped the growth of football in Nigeria.

Prophet Aika insists the only way the side will overcome the looming ordeal is to do spiritual selecting of the squad which has offered to carry out, himself.

“The message that has been handed over to me for over 10 years now for onward transmission to the world is that the Super Eagles of Nigeria will be the first team in the continent of Africa to lift the World Cup,” he told The Guardian.

“To achieve this feat, the team should not be led by a foreign coach. I will participate in the spiritual aspect of selecting three coaches and two financiers to be attached to the team.

“The process of the spiritual selection of the coaching crew will involve a girl not older than seven years picking the three coaches and the two financiers through a lucky dip.

“One of the coaches would be given the responsibility of coaching the attackers. The second coach would be saddled with the responsibility of training the midfielders and the third would be assigned to training the defenders and goalkeepers.

“As per the two financiers, one will be mandated to cater for the footballers, while the other would be in charge of the officials.

“All these will be done in the presence of the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and two other prominent personalities, Generals (Rtd) Theophilus Danjuma and Abdulsalam Abubakar.

“Of course, I and my team of prayer warriors would be doing the needful in the background,” he concluded.

Source

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I tried hard not to laugh but the article got better, .... and better. :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian Prophet: SE might not qualify for World Cup

Post by Rawlings »

why do we need a prophet telling us it will rain next year
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Crack-pot talking...

Oga Kabalega, its not that rosy with Uganda...Micho is moving to Pirates; says he's tired of begging the Uganda FA for his $64,000 salary arrears... :winking: :winking: :sneaky:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, perhaps the Prophet should be given a chance to do his thing and let's see. Who knows, perhaps that is what God want us to do. On the other hand "Ifa or Efa" can equally pick the right coaches and players for the team. Thus, depending on who you are and what you believe, maybe it is time for us to do something different :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:why do we need a prophet telling us it will rain next year
The Prophet is not telling us it will rain next year, rather the Prophet is saying it will rain quite alright, but wants to help us pin-point the EXACT days the rain will fall. With such information, we can be well prepared, especially if we have a leaking roof - like our NFF is, so ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i knew Odas would be in this thread..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

What a copout..."might"

Here's my prediction....Nigeria might win the world cup of we stop listening to false prophets ...that was easy
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Kabalega wrote:Nigerian Prophet: Super Eagles might not qualify for World Cup

BY EDGAR KAZIBWE

Nigerian Prophet Tommy Aika is worried the country’s national football team may not qualify for the 2018 World Cup ahead of their qualifier against Cameroon.

The ‘Man of God’ claims his spiritual messages revealed to him that the team would falter because of sticking with a foreign coach, instead of a Nigerian.

The Primate and General Overseer of the Glory Church of Christ says he got the revelation 10 years ago and alongside a terrible selection for coach he also criticizes football administrators who have not helped the growth of football in Nigeria.

Prophet Aika insists the only way the side will overcome the looming ordeal is to do spiritual selecting of the squad which has offered to carry out, himself.

“The message that has been handed over to me for over 10 years now for onward transmission to the world is that the Super Eagles of Nigeria will be the first team in the continent of Africa to lift the World Cup,” he told The Guardian.

“To achieve this feat, the team should not be led by a foreign coach. I will participate in the spiritual aspect of selecting three coaches and two financiers to be attached to the team.

“The process of the spiritual selection of the coaching crew will involve a girl not older than seven years picking the three coaches and the two financiers through a lucky dip.

“One of the coaches would be given the responsibility of coaching the attackers. The second coach would be saddled with the responsibility of training the midfielders and the third would be assigned to training the defenders and goalkeepers.

“As per the two financiers, one will be mandated to cater for the footballers, while the other would be in charge of the officials.

“All these will be done in the presence of the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and two other prominent personalities, Generals (Rtd) Theophilus Danjuma and Abdulsalam Abubakar.

“Of course, I and my team of prayer warriors would be doing the needful in the background,” he concluded.

Source

I tried hard not to laugh but the article got better, .... and better. :rotf: :rotf:
There is the main point he wants sorted. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is he a Christian or Babalawo? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

He got the revelation 10 years ago....
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i knew Odas would be in this thread..smh
Ah, ah! Na wetin? Make I nor say my mind? But no be me be ferst (first) for dis thred-o!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

This prophet should be permanently housed in Aso Rock!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Odas wrote:Well, perhaps the Prophet should be given a chance to do his thing and let's see. Who knows, perhaps that is what God want us to do. On the other hand "Ifa or Efa" can equally pick the right coaches and players for the team. Thus, depending on who you are and what you believe, maybe it is time for us to do something different :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
... and the players will also be picked via a lucky dip ba?
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Crack-pot talking...

Oga Kabalega, its not that rosy with Uganda...Micho is moving to Pirates; says he's tired of begging the Uganda FA for his $64,000 salary arrears... :winking: :winking: :sneaky:
It's never good to lose a long serving coach, especially at such a juncture, but Uganda will be fine if they do not rush to hire a foreigner.

BTW, what does Uganda have to do with Nigeria's World Cup qualification?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Kabalega wrote:Nigerian Prophet: Super Eagles might not qualify for World Cup

BY EDGAR KAZIBWE

Source

My brother I agree. Don't know if to laugh or cry about this nonsense prophecy.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I bet the "prophet" interviewed doesn't even exist.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kalani JR wrote:I bet the "prophet" interviewed doesn't even exist.
Even if he does, he's just one of many millions of SE football prophets called FANS. He's expressing his fears, just like most fans.
Prophesy must surely come to pass or it's not prophesy. Our man is not even sure, na feelings dey talk
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

kalani JR wrote:I bet the "prophet" interviewed doesn't even exist.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Do you want to put money on it?

Go to Benin City, Edo
https://www.facebook.com/aika.tommyyisa

Or ....
Glory of church
https://www.facebook.com/apttommy.yisaaika.9
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: