Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 12741
It's only preseason but he's fit again and has scored in 2 straight games. Very happy for the boy. Hopefully ROHR gives him a look soon. He think he can solve some that left side problems we have and bring strength to the mf. :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 5524
Is he still in Italy?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 12741
Rawlings wrote:
Is he still in Italy?


Yes. At Torino,Serie A, starter,top player. NIgerian! :thumb:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12351
how long has he been un injured for ?

I dont trust Joel Obi.

Its a shame because there are few of our current midfielders who are as good as the Joel Obi I saw under SSS.

But I will expect him to be out injured soon. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 12351
If he is healthy I will take him over Echijele at LB any day.

Also in the MF spot only Mikel, Onazi, and possibly Ndidi are ahead of him.

Rohr must be made aware of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 442
There's no way jobi is better than mikel,Onazi,ndidi,etebo and iwobi on current form in theat midfield position. I highly doubt if Jobi is even better than john ogu. As for left back, echijile is still the best options. Etebo is one underrated player in my opinion. I think he has the potential to be our own essien


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 12741
john12 wrote:
There's no way jobi is better than mikel,Onazi,ndidi,etebo and iwobi on current form in theat midfield position. I highly doubt if Jobi is even better than john ogu. As for left back, echijile is still the best options. Etebo is one underrated player in my opinion. I think he has the potential to be our own essien


What exactly Is Etebo better than obi at on the grass? Maybe att running around but I don't see any other aspect of the game he beats a healthy obi at.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 442
Running, scoring, energy, strength, physique. Eye o is your stereotypical traditional African player. I think his even better than Omari and ndidi overall as a player. How many times has a player scored 4 goals in an olympics game???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 12741
john12 wrote:
Running, scoring, energy, strength, physique. Eye o is your stereotypical traditional African player. I think his even better than Omari and ndidi overall as a player. How many times has a player scored 4 goals in an olympics game???


How many goals has he scored since scoring 4 against a useless Japanese team?

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 5524
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Is he still in Italy?


Yes. At Torino,Serie A, starter,top player. NIgerian! :thumb:


why did u not tell us about Acquah's performance ?
(reminder: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281799)

So, they drew against Huddersfield and beat Guingamp ...WOW!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7281
Joel Obi has been moved back to central midfield instead of left midfield by the Torino coach and the result is 3 goals in 3 successive pre season games. He has confined Ghana's Henry Acquah to the bench. A fit Joel Obi is an asset to the SE.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 am
Posts: 991
Let's give him a few competitive games first and see how he does. It's not the preseason or his ability that concerns most. It is the unfortunate and frequent trips to the treatment table once competitive games start. If stays healthy great for us


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12002
Location: USA
My goodness. This boy is still around sha

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12002
Location: USA
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:
There's no way jobi is better than mikel,Onazi,ndidi,etebo and iwobi on current form in theat midfield position. I highly doubt if Jobi is even better than john ogu. As for left back, echijile is still the best options. Etebo is one underrated player in my opinion. I think he has the potential to be our own essien


What exactly Is Etebo better than obi at on the grass? Maybe att running around but I don't see any other aspect of the game he beats a healthy obi at.


Etebo gets too much love on this forum. To some, he can do no wrong. I haven't seen what most people see sha...I said it one time, and e be like say I provoke world war 3

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:57 pm
Posts: 10360
Location: D-Town
Happy for him. I hope he stays healthy.

_________________
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 9178
Location: seattle
So while at it lets invite Victor Obinna Nsofor; those two can fight for shirt

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 12741
jette1 wrote:
So while at it lets invite Victor Obinna Nsofor; those two can fight for shirt



Obi is 26yrs and performing in series A.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 39954
Dammy wrote:
Joel Obi has been moved back to central midfield instead of left midfield by the Torino coach and the result is 3 goals in 3 successive pre season games. He has confined Ghana's Henry Acquah to the bench. A fit Joel Obi is an asset to the SE.


This sounds real promising. I hope Bein go carry dia game

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12213
Dammy wrote:
Joel Obi has been moved back to central midfield instead of left midfield by the Torino coach and the result is 3 goals in 3 successive pre season games. He has confined Ghana's Henry Acquah to the bench. A fit Joel Obi is an asset to the SE.
Is that racist prick Mihailovic still the coach?

_________________

"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
"Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking." - Catalyst, Feb 12, 2014.
---
© The YeyeMan 2016
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7281
The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Joel Obi has been moved back to central midfield instead of left midfield by the Torino coach and the result is 3 goals in 3 successive pre season games. He has confined Ghana's Henry Acquah to the bench. A fit Joel Obi is an asset to the SE.
Is that racist prick Mihailovic still the coach?

Yes o, he is still the coach.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:59 pm
Posts: 4250
Location: uk
vancity eagle wrote:
If he is healthy I will take him over Echijele at LB any day.

Also in the MF spot only Mikel, Onazi, and possibly Ndidi are ahead of him.

Rohr must be made aware of him.


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
yes o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7281
papilo wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
If he is healthy I will take him over Echijele at LB any day.

Also in the MF spot only Mikel, Onazi, and possibly Ndidi are ahead of him.

Rohr must be made aware of him.


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Joel Obi is not a left-back.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JOEL OBI HANGS!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 32823
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Dammy wrote:
papilo wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
If he is healthy I will take him over Echijele at LB any day.

Also in the MF spot only Mikel, Onazi, and possibly Ndidi are ahead of him.

Rohr must be made aware of him.


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Joel Obi is not a left-back.


Yea but probably a better option than Echijelly there, he's played there and left midfield while at Inter, is more dogged defensively and more comfortable with the ball offensively.

But honestly, if I was advising him, I'd say to focus on his club game and not add extra burden of international footie given his injury record, he needs to reduce chances of injury and SE won't do jack for him if he does get injured serving his fathers land.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group