The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Penalty style is useless
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:08 pm 

Abba?

Wtf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:09 pm 

It is a brilliant format. Long may it continue.

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:10 pm 

Stick with traditional...if its not broke don't try to fix it..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:13 pm 

Cristao II wrote:

:agree:

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

:agree:

:clap: Only failures or losers complaint about this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:27 pm 

I just dont see why people love to change something that aint broke! Can someone explain to me what this ABBA is all about? The only ABBA i know were damn good singers with platinum releases...

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:59 pm 

It's believed there's an unfair advantage afforded the team going first with the latter constantly playing chase. ABBA supposedly levels that field. Irrespective of the timing of the kicks, one cannot legislate for the squander from 12 yards. Pathetic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm 

It isn't a good idea for the goalkeepers. Imagine a goalkeeper that just saved a kick and he has to get up and save another one immediately? No time to get himself together

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:38 pm 

It should be used to benefit the team that keeps 11 men on the field.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:50 pm 

Coach wrote:
It's believed there's an unfair advantage afforded the team going first with the latter constantly playing chase. ABBA supposedly levels that field. Irrespective of the timing of the kicks, one cannot legislate for the squander from 12 yards. Pathetic.

And when they discover that ABBA favors or is not a level playing ground what will they do again? Stupidity is on the rise in the world as idiots keep trying to ubravel nature and fate. There is a reason why they toss the coin and ask if the winner of the toss want to kick or defend first!

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:50 pm 

Coach wrote:

And when they discover that ABBA favors or is not a level playing ground what will they do again? Stupidity is on the rise in the world as idiots keep trying to ubravel nature and fate. There is a reason why they toss the coin and ask if the winner of the toss want to kick or defend first!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:05 pm 

...what they need to look into and change is playing a man or more down. Penalize the offending player sent off with multiple games and some monetary fine depending on the gravity of the offense.
ABBA makes no difference, the onus of scoring and winning a pk shootout is on the players and goalies saving them.

I have figured out technique of saving a penalty.
When a player leans back to strike the ball, that means ball is going his right if a right footed taker, likewise a left footer.
But when the player's head is down and forward the ball is going to his left (across the body) likewise a left footer.
All this is a split second decision for the goalie to figure out, and decide where to dive to.
Just my take. Unfortunately I don't play anymore, I for practice am myself :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:51 pm 

mcal wrote:
...what they need to look into and change is playing a man or more down. Penalize the offending player sent off with multiple games and some monetary fine depending on the gravity of the offense.
ABBA makes no difference, the onus of scoring and winning a pk shootout is on the players and goalies saving them.

When a player leans back to strike the ball, that means ball is going his right if a right footed taker, likewise a left footer.
But when the player's head is down and forward the ball is going to his left (across the body) likewise a left footer.
All this is a split second decision for the goalie to figure out, and decide where to dive to.
Just my take. Unfortunately I don't play anymore, I for practice am myself :biggrin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think you ever played this game.

Also, ABBA is based on solid evidence.

Keep practicing .... maybe you will learn how to use the two left feet to disprove your theories. :D:

"Since 2014, we have only lost one game away which was via a dubious penalty decision. This shows we continue to build well. We shall not rest as focus now turns to the CHAN and World Cup qualifiers,” Micho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:03 pm 

oloye wrote:
I just dont see why people love to change something that aint broke! Can someone explain to me what this ABBA is all about? The only ABBA i know were damn good singers with platinum releases...

:lol: Haba Oneh? :taunt:

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:47 pm 

You people hate change. I like the idea. :D

"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
"Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking." - Catalyst, Feb 12, 2014.
---
© The YeyeMan 2016
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:52 pm 

How doeS this ABBA work after the total of 4 players from each team has completed their kicks?
ABBA ABBA ...
Do they continue ABBAing till someone loses? Is it basically a game of ABBA until a team loses at a particular set of ABBA or do they revert to ABAB after a while?

I actually like this ABBA thing. Team A puts pressure on team B after scoring their first kick making team B chase them. After ABB, if team B scores both, the pressure is switched with A doing the chase now. And this emotional yoyo continues until one kicks a Thibaut and follow it with a Morata to end the game. :mrgreen:

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:08 pm 

Cito wrote:
How doeS this ABBA work after the total of 4 players from each team has completed their kicks?
ABBA ABBA ...
Do they continue ABBAing till someone loses? Is it basically a game of ABBA until a team loses at a particular set of ABBA or do they revert to ABAB after a while?
They stick with ABBA, even in sudden death.

"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
"Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking." - Catalyst, Feb 12, 2014.
---
© The YeyeMan 2016
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:28 pm 

mcal wrote:

Just my take. Unfortunately I don't play anymore, I for practice am myself :big grin:

mcal,

It matters, bro. This is all about psychology. It is similar to why there is a home advantage, it is similar to why constant protests by a coach and players affect officiating. It is all about psychological advantage.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:25 pm 

Cito wrote:
How doeS this ABBA work after the total of 4 players from each team has compleABBA TALKir kicks?
ABBA ABBA ...

I actually like this ABBA thing. Team A puts pressure on team B after scoring their first kick making team B chase them. After ABB, if team B scores both, the pressure is switched with A doing the chase now. And this emotional yoyo continues until one kicks a Thibaut and follow it with a Morata to end the game. :mrgreen:

ABBA is the system used in Tennis for tie-breakers. It is a good innovation to the previous ABAB format to reduce the pressure of constanrly playing catch-up by sides playing second.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:33 pm 

Coach wrote:

If this was to right a perceived wrong, then why not

ABBAAB?

Instead of letting one team take 4 shots, as opposed to the team supposedly going first, taking 2?

Last edited by balo on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:15 pm 

ABBA is good
The traditional African, whose way of thinking, have kept the continent in it's current precarious position (compared to the rest of the world) are the ones who don't like it

Long Live ABBA
If it does not work we can go with AAAAABBBBB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 pm 

By the time B have taken their fourth, A will have taken 3.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 pm 

Coach wrote:

Are there stats to back this up?