Coutinho in Barcelona ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coutinho in Barcelona ...

Post by Cito »

Coach wrote:^no more than a historical outfit, irrelevant today.
They need to form a 'Historical Champions league' with participants in the form of Liverpool, Inter, Milan, Ajax, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Steaua București etc. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

I really don't understand the slave mentality of clubs. Once a player tells you he wants to leave, what is the point of trying to force him to stay? Negotiate the best price, have the player buy out the remaining of his contract (with or without penalties) and move on.

If I work for Google and Microsoft come along with a better offer and prestige, would it be ethical for Google to insist I can't go after I tell them I intend to leave?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

SylverEagles wrote:I really don't understand the slave mentality of clubs. Once a player tells you he wants to leave, what is the point of trying to force him to stay? Negotiate the best price, have the player buy out the remaining of his contract (with or without penalties) and move on.

If I work for Google and Microsoft come along with a better offer and prestige, would it be ethical for Google to insist I can't go after I tell them I intend to leave?
Its the mentality of a small club. The inferiority complex that fills them make them want to beat their chest. Look at chelsea, sold matic to an actual rival without giving a damn! Oh! and have you noticed that the clubs who say stuff like "I am not selling to a rival," are clubs who cannot even rival the other club? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

heavyd wrote:Coutinho isnt going anywhere... at least not this season.
Hopefully we will win some trophies this season and maybe he will change his mind.
Its very difficult for South American players to resist if Barca come calling. If we do sell him we should demand a minimum 120M
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Seems you dont know your coach. he has bad luck! he always loses finals. So even if your club manages to get to a final, you are not winning a thing! And coutinho knows it
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
Hopefully we will win some trophies this season and maybe he will change his mind.
Its very difficult for South American players to resist if Barca come calling. If we do sell him we should demand a minimum 120M
...in which league? :blink:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

paj wrote:
...in which league? :blink:
You be mad man I swear... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

SylverEagles wrote:I really don't understand the slave mentality of clubs. Once a player tells you he wants to leave, what is the point of trying to force him to stay? Negotiate the best price, have the player buy out the remaining of his contract (with or without penalties) and move on.

It has nothing to with all the crap above. Its down to one issue really- timing. The LFC and Klopp's statements are quite clear on this...

Using your example, if you have a contract with google, it usually stipulates a time frame for you to resign your appointment; reason being to give the company sufficient time to adjust. Moreso at higher levels of the company....For instance, its unthinkable that the CFO of Microsoft would hand in an immediate resignation...

Barcelona should not make LFC a victim of its screw up regarding Neymar. It is their lack of planning and the dysfunction of its Board that they are looking to make LFC pay for.

The example cited of Matic is inappropriate. His transfer has been in the works all summer...Barca had all summer. To throw this in on the day the PL starts is idiocy...

I am not sure how long football can survive with this level of uncertainty. It makes planning impossible.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:With a request submitted, t'is fair to say the stay of Prince Phillipe is now untenable. @Tx, nno!

Time will tell...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Undertaker wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Undertaker wrote:This Looserpool team na one yeye team sha! The boy wants to leave and join Barcelona, why not let him go. His head and mind isn't at Looserpool anymore. He isn't your salve! Looserpool and Dortmund are being very silly! Both players wants out................. Let my people go!!!!!!!

Visca Barcelona!
Why bother with contracts then... :roll:

All contracts are meant to be broken my friend..... Isn't this same stupid Losserpool trying to steal Van Dijk from Southampton? Didn't they make him put in a transfer request?
:clap: :clap:

i don't agree with the contract bit though.

However if a player submits a transfer request, just try to maximize what you can get and be done with it

Pool fans always have drama with players wanting to leave - Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Can't keep a player that doesn't want to stay
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

SylverEagles,

Let me ask: has Coutinho's contract expired? If not LFC has a right to insist contract is fulfilled. In any case, simply dealing a player because a player wants out puts the club at a significant negotiation disadvantage. I believe LFC would gladly deal Coutinho but they must make buyers perceive that LFC is not in a haste to deal. That way the club gets a price that they consider reasonable for the player. Further, the issue of time and closeness to transfer deadline puts LFC at a significant disadvantage in finding replacements.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^And to conclude, having submitted a request to leave, Coutinho's commitment to the cause is questionable and stay, untenable. He's gone.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:

It has nothing to with all the crap above. Its down to one issue really- timing. The LFC and Klopp's statements are quite clear on this...

Using your example, if you have a contract with google, it usually stipulates a time frame for you to resign your appointment; reason being to give the company sufficient time to adjust. Moreso at higher levels of the company....For instance, its unthinkable that the CFO of Microsoft would hand in an immediate resignation...

Barcelona should not make LFC a victim of its screw up regarding Neymar. It is their lack of planning and the dysfunction of its Board that they are looking to make LFC pay for.

The example cited of Matic is inappropriate. His transfer has been in the works all summer...Barca had all summer. To throw this in on the day the PL starts is idiocy...

I am not sure how long football can survive with this level of uncertainty. It makes planning impossible.

Dude, did you just wake up from a coma? Barcelona has been trying to buy Coutinho from Looserpool since June. Their first bid was before the Neymar saga! It was a know fact that they were after him all year long!
Last edited by Undertaker on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Dude, did you just woke up from a coma? Barcelona has been trying to buy Coutinho from Looserpool since June. Their first bid was before the Neymar saga! It was a know fact that they were after him all year long!

First of all, if you are going to write in English then learn your tenses!

I believe I follow Barca better than you...You are no Vincent...

The first bid was about a week ago. And they have not been trying since June. A rumor does not translate into interest or a bid. The focus all along was on Veratti before PSG smacked them down. Heck even Roberto Fernandez denied there was interest early in the summer...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:^And to conclude, having submitted a request to leave, Coutinho's commitment to the cause is questionable and stay, untenable. He's gone.
Time will tell...

In spite of all the talk, Sanchez is still with your team; no?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:Can't keep a player that doesn't want to stay
Time will tell...But the world of football is full of examples of players who did not want to stay but were made to.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

benteke wrote:

You need bigger font so that coconut head, TXJ can read it :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Dude, did you just woke up from a coma? Barcelona has been trying to buy Coutinho from Looserpool since June. Their first bid was before the Neymar saga! It was a know fact that they were after him all year long!

The first bid was about a week ago. And they have not been trying since June. A rumor does not translate into interest or a bid. The focus all along was on Veratti before PSG smacked them down. Heck even Roberto Fernandez denied there was interest early in the summer...
Dude, thanks for the grammar lecture...... :) English isn't my first or second language. Vincent, whom I respect and admire a lot, wishes he was half as loyal a Barcelona fan as me. Yes, our attention was all about Veratti in the beginning but to the people in the know at Barcelona, Coutinho was going to be our main target and second signing this summer after Veratti. Veratti was our main target but we know Coutinho wanted to come to Barca and it wouldn't be this difficult to sign him compare to Veratti.

However, txj, much respect and Visca Barcelona!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Dude, thanks for the grammar lecture...... :) English isn't my first or second language. Vincent, whom I respect and admire a lot, wishes he was half as loyal a Barcelona fan as me. Yes, our attention was all about Veratti in the beginning but to the people in the know at Barcelona, Coutinho was going to be our main target and second signing this summer after Veratti. Veratti was our main target but we know Coutinho wanted to come to Barca and it wouldn't be this difficult to sign him compare to Veratti.

However, txj, much respect and Visca Barcelona!

Loyal or not, you are not well informed.

Veratti was always the #1 target in MF until Ney pulled a fast one on them. Both Roberto and Sanlehi had agreed the priority in MF was a player for the first level of build-up, hence Veratti.

Next in MF was Dani Ceballos as understudy for Iniesta.

Then it was RB- Samedi, and a CD- Inigo Martinez...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:
benteke wrote:

You need bigger font so that coconut head, TXJ can read it :rotf: :rotf:
No need; I read it alright... especially the last part :biggrin:

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Liverpool should ask for 125 million pound plus a player,then Barca has the rest to do.
With that amount they can pay 80 million to a club and get some one to replaced Coutinho.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Not sure if the player has put in a transfer request but if so, then the club has to set a price and move on. The timing, though an important consideration, should not prevent an agreement from being reached. Contracts are made to be revisited as conditions change especially in professional sports.
Last edited by green4life on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.