Coutinho in Barcelona ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coutinho in Barcelona ...

Post by DAgrin »

Does that mean we can keep our jewelry Dembele? :D
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Borussia Dortmund have rejected a bid from Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele, who missed training on Thursday.

The German club confirmed they have met Barca representatives but the offer for the 20-year-old did not meet their valuation of the France international, who has seven caps for his country.

They added that Dembele moving to the Spanish side is "not currently likely".

Dortmund head coach Peter Bosz earlier said the club had been unable to contact the player.

"We have tried to reach him and hope that nothing bad has happened," he told reporters.

Dembele is reportedly a £135m target for Barcelona as a replacement for Brazil forward Neymar, who they sold to Paris St-Germain for a world record fee of £200m last week.

Dortmund signed Dembele on a five-year deal from Rennes in May 2016
nah wah so dembele is more expensive than Pogba, :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Coutinho isnt going anywhere... at least not this season.
Hopefully we will win some trophies this season and maybe he will change his mind.
Its very difficult for South American players to resist if Barca come calling. If we do sell him we should demand a minimum 120M
YNWA
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Borussia Dortmund have rejected a bid from Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele, who missed training on Thursday.

The German club confirmed they have met Barca representatives but the offer for the 20-year-old did not meet their valuation of the France international, who has seven caps for his country.

They added that Dembele moving to the Spanish side is "not currently likely".

Dortmund head coach Peter Bosz earlier said the club had been unable to contact the player.

"We have tried to reach him and hope that nothing bad has happened," he told reporters.

Dembele is reportedly a £135m target for Barcelona as a replacement for Brazil forward Neymar, who they sold to Paris St-Germain for a world record fee of £200m last week.

Dortmund signed Dembele on a five-year deal from Rennes in May 2016
nah wah so dembele is more expensive than Pogba, :lol:
135 million!!!! Can somene remind barca they don't have to spend all of the Neymar $$ in one blow. Haba!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

So far, still holding on to Coutinho.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

We all know how Spaniards walked right into the center of Antfield and took Mascherano and Alonso, why are Loserpool resisting, na today?? :roll:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

heavyd wrote:Coutinho isnt going anywhere... at least not this season.
Hopefully we will win some trophies this season and maybe he will change his mind.
Its very difficult for South American players to resist if Barca come calling. If we do sell him we should demand a minimum 120M
...in which league? :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

felarey wrote:We all know how Spaniards walked right into the center of Antfield and took Mascherano and Alonso, why are Loserpool resisting, na today?? :roll:
Liverpool and Dortmund are insisting that Barcelona use Vaseline be f...ing them but Barcelona is said "no" not really. Both players will join Barcelona by any means necessary before the transfer deadline date! :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Bepanda how are your sources :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If I was Dortmund owner or Liverpool I will ask for all the money they got from Neymar .
Liverpool should ask for a player plus 120million,I mean like that their #4.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

heavyd wrote:Coutinho isnt going anywhere... at least not this season.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

What happened to txj's post which was two tweets denying Coutinho's transfer request ?
Has he deleted it :laugh:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

@ Benteke: There you go. Time will tell I guess....

Ver imagen en Twitter
Seguir
LFC Español ✔ @LFCEspanol
El #LFC quiere comunicar que su jugador Philippe Coutinho " Se queda" en el club pese a los rumores surgidos.
5:45 - 11 ago. 2017
228 228 respuestas 3.352 3.352 Retweets 2.615 2.615 me gusta

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:@ Benteke: There you go. Time will tell I guess....

Ver imagen en Twitter
Seguir
LFC Español ✔ @LFCEspanol
El #LFC quiere comunicar que su jugador Philippe Coutinho " Se queda" en el club pese a los rumores surgidos.
5:45 - 11 ago. 2017
228 228 respuestas 3.352 3.352 Retweets 2.615 2.615 me gusta

Thanks.

I am also curious, i wonder what will happen in the coming days.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Philippe Coutinho emailed a transfer request to Liverpool minutes after the club had insisted they would not accept any offers for the Brazil playmaker. Liverpool have rejected the request, which Coutinho sent to the club’s sporting director, Michael Edwards, in response to the owners’ declaration he will not be sold this summer.

Barcelona have had two bids turned down for the 25-year-old, the second in the region of £90m on Wednesday. After Jürgen Klopp insisted that Coutinho was not for sale, that stance was reiterated in a statement by the club’s owners Fenway Sports Group.

However, it is understood from a source close to the player that Coutinho is unhappy with the way Liverpool have handled the negotiations. He had so far refused to agitate for a move despite having informed the club of his desire to join Barça, instead opting to wait for the situation to be resolved.

Yet with Liverpool steadfastly refusing to soften their position in the face of a third offer, Coutinho decided to attempt to take matters into his own hands.

Earlier, the statement from FSG was adamant the player signed from Internazionale in 2013 would still be at Anfield at the end of the month. “We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho,” it read. “The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer [transfer]window closes.”

Klopp, speaking at a pre-match press conference ahead of Liverpool’s Premier League opener at Watford on Saturday, again reiterated his stance but remained coy about his private talks with the Brazilian.

“I think if somebody, in this case FSG, is saying something like this it is the statement,” said the German. “I think I have said it already a few times, but maybe that’s not 100% clear.

“I don’t think I ever told you anything about what I spoke to players [about]. I turned 50 in the summer, so maybe I forget things like this. I have nothing to say about this.”

Barça have plenty of money to spend, having sold Coutinho’s compatriot Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record £198m last week. Coutinho signed a new five-year deal with the Merseyside club in January that did not include a buy-out clause. The 25-year-old was their leading scorer with 14 goals in all competitions last term, a season that saw Klopp’s men secure a fourth-placed finish in the Premier League.

He will not be available to face Watford this weekend, however, and is a doubt for the first leg of the Champions League qualifying play-off against Hoffenheim on Tuesday, after failing to recover from a back injury.

Asked if Coutinho would be involved on Saturday, Klopp said: “No, he has back problems. He was not in training since last Friday. No he is not available, he is also a doubt for Tuesday, unfortunately.”

When asked if his job was now to keep Coutinho happy, Klopp added: “I can’t keep players happy. That’s how life is. It’s not about this, Phil is not available for us, that’s the biggest issue that he’s not available to play.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... l-transfer
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

interesting transfers this summer

Mbappe was in the headlines, then Neymar took over
Now Coutinho wahala too come join

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

This Looserpool team na one yeye team sha! The boy wants to leave and join Barcelona, why not let him go. His head and mind isn't at Looserpool anymore. He isn't your salve! Looserpool and Dortmund are being very silly! Both players wants out................. Let my people go!!!!!!!

Visca Barcelona!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:interesting transfers this summer

Mbappe was in the headlines, then Neymar took over
Now Coutinho wahala too come join
No forget Dembele. Is he still missing? :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Undertaker wrote:This Looserpool team na one yeye team sha! The boy wants to leave and join Barcelona, why not let him go. His head and mind isn't at Looserpool anymore. He isn't your salve! Looserpool and Dortmund are being very silly! Both players wants out................. Let my people go!!!!!!!

Visca Barcelona!
Why bother with contracts then... :roll:

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

metalalloy wrote:
Undertaker wrote:This Looserpool team na one yeye team sha! The boy wants to leave and join Barcelona, why not let him go. His head and mind isn't at Looserpool anymore. He isn't your salve! Looserpool and Dortmund are being very silly! Both players wants out................. Let my people go!!!!!!!

Visca Barcelona!
Why bother with contracts then... :roll:

All contracts are meant to be broken my friend..... Isn't this same stupid Losserpool trying to steal Van Dijk from Southampton? Didn't they make him put in a transfer request?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

With a request submitted, t'is fair to say the stay of Prince Phillipe is now untenable. @Tx, nno!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Coach wrote:With a request submitted, t'is fair to say the stay of Prince Phillipe is now untenable. @Tx, nno!
He will fit well in Barca and Liverpool's chances of a top 4 will go belly-up.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^no more than a historical outfit, irrelevant today.