Coutinho in Barcelona ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coutinho in Barcelona ...

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
benteke wrote:

You need bigger font so that coconut head, TXJ can read it :rotf: :rotf:
No need; I read it alright... especially the last part :biggrin:

na you be coconut head? :huh: :huh:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:Not sure if the player has put in a transfer request but if so, then the club has to set a price and move on. The timing, though an important consideration, should not prevent an agreement from being reached. Contracts are made to be revisited as conditions change especially in professional sports.

So if Madrid came in for Hazard right now and he agreed, you would advise Chelsea to set a price and move on? Move on to what exactly?

Did PSG set a price for Veratti and move on when Barca turned his head?

As Klopp said, its about timing...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Not sure if the player has put in a transfer request but if so, then the club has to set a price and move on. The timing, though an important consideration, should not prevent an agreement from being reached. Contracts are made to be revisited as conditions change especially in professional sports.

So if Madrid came in for Hazard right now and he agreed, you would advise Chelsea to set a price and move on? Move on to what exactly?

Veratti didn't put in a transfer request do. Coutinho and Dembele did! Btw, Veratti will eventually join Barcelona in the future!
Last edited by Undertaker on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:

Yes. If Hazard puts a transfer request, it's left for Roman to set a price. Let's say he demands 200 million pounds and the buyer comes up with the cash - and yes even on August 31st abi na September 1st, you close the deal and move on. It's not the first and won't be the last. Chelsea is actually bad example for you to use given they've sold multiple important players (past and present) without much drama like Robben to Madrid, Cech to Arsenal and of course Mata & Matic to ManU. Then you have promising young players that they let go like KDB, Lukaku, Ake and even Chalobah they cut loose for a measly 5mill just to push the young man along. Heck, even Liverpool gained from chelsea sales so you should know better. Liverpool shouldn't behave like a small club in this matter. If and/ or when coutinho puts in a transfer request, Liverpool must set a price and move on.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

Yes. If Hazard puts a transfer request, it's left for Roman to set a price. Let's say he demands 200 million pounds and the buyer comes up with the cash - and yes even on August 31st abi na September 1st, you close the deal and move on. It's not the first and won't be the last. Chelsea is actually bad example for you to use given they've sold multiple important players (past and present) without much drama like Robben to Madrid, Cech to Arsenal and of course Mata & Matic to ManU. Then you have promising young players that they let go like KDB, Lukaku, Ake and even Chalobah they cut loose for a measly 5mill just to push the young man along. Heck, even Liverpool gained from chelsea sales so you should know better. Liverpool shouldn't behave like a small club in this matter. If and/ or when coutinho puts in a transfer request, Liverpool must set a price and move on.
G4L,

I do not agree with the above. Every team has a plan for the season and that plan is to win with certain players or certain qualities. You cannot let a quality player leave at the very last moment except if you have a replacement setup. A player may not be happy but he is still a professional. I do not think Suarez performed poorly when LFC held on to him in spite of his initial demands to move. LPC has plans and Coutinho is a critical part of that. It is only best to let him go if you have a replacement. Furthermore, if you simply let a player go because he demands it then you will be forced to take less for such transfers. To strengthen your hand in negotiation is to keep the player's status as wide open as possible.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Veratti didn't put in a transfer request do. Coutinho and Dembele did! Btw, Veratti will eventually join Barcelona in the future!
He asked to leave, as did Dembele. Unlike the English, both countries do not have a culture of formal transfer request...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

Chalobah! Why not Demba Ba? You are some funny dude...

I asked you about Hazard whom ur club was already quick to declare not for sale, even while injured, and u are giving me lousy examples of surplus players!

What a joke! :rotf: :rotf:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Txj, the relevant question is whether the player put in a transfer request. If not, then I agree with you but if yes, then ultimately the club has to set a price and close.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Why would any world class player want to rot in Liverpool? Of course he has already put a transfer request.
He is not playing today, is he?
Bepanda
green4life wrote:Txj, the relevant question is whether the player put in a transfer request. If not, then I agree with you but if yes, then ultimately the club has to set a price and close.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Watching this Liverpool team no wonder Coutinho wants out! They are an average team with a very bad defense!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:Watching this Liverpool team no wonder Coutinho wants out! They are an average team with a very bad defense!

I would worry more about Barca if I were you. ALL your key players are 30yrs, close to it or over it: Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Suarez, Rakitic, Mascherano, Busquets....and ur Board has been unable to get in credible backups..

Even worse, ur la masia has been virtually destroyed...

Compare that to Madrid who have already made the transition with quality young players well in place...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:Txj, the relevant question is whether the player put in a transfer request. If not, then I agree with you but if yes, then ultimately the club has to set a price and close.

Its a wholly irrelevant question. Players request to be transferred all the time. Veratti did. PSG refused; end of story...

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:

Its a wholly irrelevant question. Players request to be transferred all the time. Veratti did. PSG refused; end of story...

I thought you just said Veratti didn't put in a transfer request because it isn't the culture in France? Now you are saying he did put in a request? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Watching this Liverpool team no wonder Coutinho wants out! They are an average team with a very bad defense!

I would worry more about Barca if I were you. ALL your key players are 30yrs, close to it or over it: Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Suarez, Rakitic, Mascherano, Busquets....and ur Board has been unable to get in credible backups..

Compare that to Madrid who have already made the transition with quality young players well in place...
txj, you be Looserpool fan? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Don't worry about Barcelona..... we are going to be find. There is a reason Veratti, Coutinho and Dembele and Dybala wants to just us. They know what we are all about. When Barcelona come calling, I have never ever seen a player that said no! Clubs needs to realized that and stop being difficult!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

I thought you just said Veratti didn't put in a transfer request because it isn't the culture in France? Now you are saying he did put in a request? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Bottomline is Veratti VERBALLY requested to go to Barca. The culture of a written transfer request is largely and English thing...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

txj, you be Looserpool fan? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Don't worry about Barcelona..... we are going to be find. There is a reason Veratti, Coutinho and Dembele and Dybala wants to just us. They know what we are all about. When Barcelona come calling, I have never ever seen a player that said no! Clubs needs to realized that and stop being difficult!

Thiago Silva said no. Neymar just dumped Barca. Marquinos has repeatedly said no.

I like Barca and I follow it much better than you do, and are much better informed about the team than you do...

Madrid sign Ceballos, 22yrs or thereabout and best U-23 player in europe. Your team is about to sign Paulinho from China at the young age of 29!

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Thiago Silva said no. Neymar just dumped Barca. Marquinos has repeatedly said no.

I like Barca and I follow it much better than you do, and are much better informed about the team than you do...

Madrid sign Ceballos, 22yrs or thereabout and best U-23 player in europe. Your team is about to sign Paulinho from China at the young age of 29!
Thaigo Silva and Marqiunos, two PSG salves said "NO" to Barcelona? When? Go find me the story when they said no! Paulinho is a Brazilian... it is a duty of a Brazilian player to play for Barcelona. Why do you thinks Coutinho is fighting like hell to come play for us? Neymar dumped us? ok, that statement alone just exposed you hatred for FC Barcelona!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, nno! Defence ogini?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Thaigo Silva and Marqiunos, two PSG salves said "NO" to Barcelona? When? Go find me the story when they said no! Paulinho is a Brazilian... it is a duty of a Brazilian player to play for Barcelona. Why do you thinks Coutinho is fighting like hell to come play for us? Neymar dumped us? ok, that statement alone just exposed you hatred for FC Barcelona!

Like I said earlier, u are a fake Barca fan.

Thiago Silva chose PSG over Barca in moving from Milan. Marquinos has repeatedly said no since moving to PSG.

Not just that Neymar dumped Barca, he and his dad took Barcelona for mugs; even had the audacity to request the $26m bonus on their way out :rotf:

Madrid sign Ceballos, then your team is celebrating signing Paulinho at 29! :???:

So among top Spanish young players, Vallejo said no.

Ceballos said no.

Theo Hernandez said no...
Last edited by txj on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@Tx, nno! Defence ogini?
Poor, and its not about individuals but the mentality on defence...

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Thiago Silva chose PSG over Barca in moving from Milan. Marquinos has repeatedly said no since moving to PSG.

Not just that Neymar dumped Barca, he and his dad took Barcelona for mugs; even had the audacity to request the $26m bonus on their way out :rotf:

Madrid sign Ceballos, then your team is celebrating signing Paulinho at 29! :???:

Ceballos said no.

txj, I thought you said you liked Barcelona and you are a fan? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: With haters like you who need enemies? You keep naming all these players who will eventually amount to nothing. Not every player can play for Barcelona but we will definitely taking your players if we want them and you know that well they are willing to join us? Visca El Barca!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
txj wrote:

Ceballos said no.

txj, I thought you said you liked Barcelona and you are a fan? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: With haters like you who need enemies? You keep naming all these players who will eventually amount to nothing. Not every player can play for Barcelona but we will definitely taking your players if we want them and you know that well they are willing to join us? Visca El Barca!
I think my record on Barca here on CE is clear. I'm far better informed about the team than you are...Barca is my fav team next to LFC, but I'm informed enough to know the current board are not just crap, but thieves...

The top next generation of Spanish players are all at Madrid and u are claiming they'll amount to nothing...shows how much u know!

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote:
Coach wrote:@Tx, nno! Defence ogini?
Poor, and its not about individuals but the mentality on defence...

Liverpool is a very useless team. It is very poor and yes, it isn't about the individuals but the mentality of the team is very poor as well. The truth is that Looserpool is just a very small poor team living on past glories. Let Courtinho go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!