Uefa super cup Madrid 2 - Man U 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uefa super cup Madrid 2 - Man U 1

Post by platinum »

These two teams no be mate but United (yes, they've spent a lot of money) have the framework of a team who could be a nuisance AND hard to breakdown when they get their defensive routine down. The pieces are there. They need to play Rashford though. Lingard starting ahead of him smacks of over cautiousness.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

7 mins injury ... time dey for Manu to conjure up something
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

What a miss by Asensio ... whole net open and he shoots at DDG

He could have even trapped and shot

Ohh free header by Ramos flies wide ... another clear miss
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chineke see moves. Beautiful save by DDG
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Posted at
86 mins
Sergio Ramos has been given a yellow card.

"I am shocked," said no-one.

The Real Madrid skipper hauls over Paul Pogba on the right flank. A clever foul from a shifty player.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/40646485
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The Big Fella did not get much on it...kaiiiii

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uefa super cup Madrid 2 - Man U

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:
platinum wrote:
green4life wrote:
platinum wrote:kudos to United, they may not be as pretty as Real but they're throwing all they have at Real and it's somewhat effective at the moment.

They need to watch for the counter though....Cristiano or Asensio can be effective killers
But why are they not pretty after spending 200 to 300 million for Jose Mourinho over the last 3 transfer windows?
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:kudos to United, they may not be as pretty as Real but they're throwing all they have at Real and it's somewhat effective at the moment.

They need to watch for the counter though....Cristiano or Asensio can be effective killers
What kudos....look at the players and their price tag....i can assure you even Leicester would put up a better performance
Its the old argument txj always makes, when you spend that much money, you MUST play beautiful football. I don't agree. Different styles of the sport dey, not everyone can be Federer, some have to be Nadal.
I am not asking them to play beautiful football..i m asking them to play football and not rugby
You may not think it's pretty and I agree that they have clearly been second best to Real BUT they've had quite a few good chances including Rashford just now. Whatever Mourinho is doing with his expensive team, isn't there an argument that it is effective?

CR7 coming on.

How is it effective? Cus Navas gifted them a goal or because Madrid, the less fit team in preseason is getting tired?

They have had several chances no?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:These two teams no be mate but United (yes, they've spent a lot of money) have the framework of a team who could be a nuisance AND hard to breakdown when they get their defensive routine down. The pieces are there. They need to play Rashford though. Lingard starting ahead of him smacks of over cautiousness.
Cautiousness? from Jose Morinho? Noooooo :lol:

if he can play 11 Fellinis he would.
Last edited by metalalloy on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

United need a true central playmaker
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Rashford is terrorizing Madrid
Tell those clowns abusing my boy...since he came in Real have been shitting in their pants instead of the hard on they had when Lingard was running blindly around.

They can't handle him ... he just needs a lil more composure and development in his technique and he will be unstoppable because of his God given physical gifts

He has talent, but is still a somewhat limited player technically. I mean put him beside Asensio or Alena and he fades in comparison...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:The Big Fella did not get much on it...kaiiiii

Midgy are you on dial up :laugh:

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ManU wasted 45 mins playing Lingard
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

You spend all that money and all you can ever do to be effective is cross the ball into the box for Felliani
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
Tell those clowns abusing my boy...since he came in Real have been shitting in their pants instead of the hard on they had when Lingard was running blindly around.

They can't handle him ... he just needs a lil more composure and development in his technique and he will be unstoppable because of his God given physical gifts

He has talent, but is still a somewhat limited player technically. I mean put him beside Asensio or Alena and he fades in comparison...

Two totally different kinda players and totally off point but whatever it's TXJ

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:The Big Fella did not get much on it...kaiiiii

Midgy are you on dial up :laugh:
watching on this Periscope thing...via twirrer

it's amazing

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:

What!! Txj na because na you o!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:United need a true central playmaker
They have Mata, they have Mkhitaryan, they have Pogba....they don't need anything of the sort.

These chaps are playing exactly how Jose wants them to play.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

They have central players...the man prefers carpenters in the middle.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Very smart foul by Valencia ... proper dark arts :laugh: :laugh:

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

how long has Pogba been off for?

we've been playing 10 v 11 for how long???

:shock: :shock:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

What a howler ... when is the last time Ronaldo scored a free kick sef :rotf: Terible

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Game over

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
They have central players...the man prefers carpenters in the middle.

Cheiii :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.