Uefa super cup Madrid 2 - Man U 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uefa super cup Madrid 2 - Man U 1

Post by mmeny »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
Prince wrote: Not many team will have Modric and Kroos, That Modric na one hell of a player........
Those should be talked about in the same breath as Xavi and Iniesta when it comes to great midfields.
If Lingard had turned up for Madrid, you guys would be saying the same. Did Ajax not roll United around the pack much like Real did.

Guys enjoy the ugly football while it last....Chelsea fans lapped it up when they needed trophies badly until they got fed up with it :lol:
Some of us like me loved it until it became boring seeing expensive and good players either being reduced to tatters because they refuse to play 16th century football or were not as tall as Fellaini :lol:

Dont worry the cane they used to beat the former wife is still around the corner and can come handy!
:clap: :clap: :clap: I am glad you finally came around what we have being bemoaning for years. Man United fans are going to lap it all up because they haven't won or contended in the EPL for 2-3 years now but those days were you tuned in just to watch Man Utd as a hater but you knew there was going to be free flowing and fergie time late equalizers or winners are long gone.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mmeny wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
Prince wrote: Not many team will have Modric and Kroos, That Modric na one hell of a player........
Those should be talked about in the same breath as Xavi and Iniesta when it comes to great midfields.
If Lingard had turned up for Madrid, you guys would be saying the same. Did Ajax not roll United around the pack much like Real did.

Guys enjoy the ugly football while it last....Chelsea fans lapped it up when they needed trophies badly until they got fed up with it :lol:
Some of us like me loved it until it became boring seeing expensive and good players either being reduced to tatters because they refuse to play 16th century football or were not as tall as Fellaini :lol:

Dont worry the cane they used to beat the former wife is still around the corner and can come handy!
:clap: :clap: :clap: I am glad you finally came around what we have being bemoaning for years. Man United fans are going to lap it all up because they haven't won or contended in the EPL for 2-3 years now but those days were you tuned in just to watch Man Utd as a hater but you knew there was going to be free flowing and fergie time late equalizers or winners are long gone.
You read stuff like this and you realize that people love to change history, or they are just pathological liars.

For me, I never have understood the complaint of non-Mourinho-team fans. They complain bitterly about the style and are angry about it! The fans of the Mourinho-club love the style and their coach, yet, its the non-fans who are aggressively angry! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: It is NOT your club! If you dont like it, DO NOT WATCH!!!!

Mourinho's style of football is NOT my preference. I am more of the Bielsa school. Possession with high intense pressing. I love midfield play, and believe that it is the most important part of the team. I love smaller midfielders who are technically amazing with great balance. Mourinho is the complete opposite. Thats why I do not "Support" Manchester United. I watch them and I wish them well because I like their coach. But I dont support them and whether they win, lose or play ugly, is not my business. You should learn from that, and move the foooook on!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

benteke wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Man United turned down the chance to sign Isco in 2013 because they thought his head was too big for his body: (link: http://es.pn/2uFZk6e) es.pn/2uFZk6e
this below is a paragraph from your ESPN link Oja.
This is also worth noting
Against Madrid, United played against a team where the majority have played and won three of the last four Champions League finals. United are inexperienced as a team -- the top scorer in the current squad, Juan Mata has only 36 goals.
My friend it's irrelevant to my post.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Oloye, do you remember the main reason Man United fans fell out with Louis Van Gaal, a man who coached sides that play decent possession football in La Liga and Bundesliga.
They said he is playing boring football and that a person like Mourinho is the one that will bring back the United way of playing, attack attack attack :biggrin:
And to an extent he did in the first half of the season.

But i can say the fundamental issue that affected LVG was the quality of the squad, people constantly said he doesn't have the correct players to play the way he wants.

As for Lingard, well he's a good kid, but not the type you will find Madrid chasing after, for good reason, they are after Mbappe instead.

All we shall remember is that Ajax lost the final and United was in control :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

ojafranpa wrote:
benteke wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Man United turned down the chance to sign Isco in 2013 because they thought his head was too big for his body: (link: http://es.pn/2uFZk6e) es.pn/2uFZk6e
Against Madrid, United played against a team where the majority have played and won three of the last four Champions League finals. United are inexperienced as a team -- the top scorer in the current squad, Juan Mata has only 36 goals.
It's relevant to the thread, my apologies i was not directing it to you as a rebuke to your post, i should have phrased it better.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mmeny wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

In the last few years of Ferguson, most opposition fans used to go on about how bad the style of football was and long balls and crosses, and people even used to say his last title winning squad was Ferguson's worst squad because of the type of football they played.
Now you are rewriting history :laugh:
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

benteke wrote:
mmeny wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

In the last few years of Ferguson, most opposition fans used to go on about how bad the style of football was and long balls and crosses, and people even used to say his last title winning squad was Ferguson's worst squad because of the type of football they played.
Silly me I thought Fergie coached Man United for 20 years.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

mmeny wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

the beauty about history, it fogs the memory ever so slightly

some of you go on and on as if Fergie played Brazil '70 type of football
:?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

benteke wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
benteke wrote:
It's relevant to the thread, my apologies i was not directing it to you as a rebuke to your post, i should have phrased it better.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
mmeny wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Remarkable stuff! Just because he wants to insult mourinho he thinks he can come here and tell lies to people like us who actually watch games. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: With Fletcher and O'Shea and sometimes, Jones, in midfield and Rafael playing right winger? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We all saw those games. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mmeny wrote:
benteke wrote:
mmeny wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Silly me I thought Fergie coached Man United for 20 years.
Indeed you are.

Fergie and Mourinho are the same. They love fast wicked wing play. They dont really give a damn about possession footie in the middle. And as much as I like and respect both coaches, I dont "support" their teams. I watch their teams and "root" for them because I like the coaches and want(ed) them to rack up medals! I love winners!

But hey! We all have to sit here with people like you who know nothing about football.