NACHO COULD PLAY AM v CAMEROUN - Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
NACHO COULD PLAY AM v CAMEROUN - Rohr

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rohr – I’m Looking For A Top Striker, Iheanacho Can Play As Number 10 Against Cameroon

August 9, 2017

Coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has confirmed his search for a top striker ahead of Nigeria’s World Cup 2018 Qualifiers game against Cameroon.

Nigeria will be defending their leadership of group B when they take on Cameroon in back to back games next month, and according to Rohr he needs a target man for the clash.

The coach who has used Iheanacho in the past in the number 9 role admitted that although he did well in the game against Algeria, the fact that he can play other roles means the team can accommodate a top striker.
I
However the coach said any decision will depend largely on how the other players performed in training during build up to the games against Cameroon.

“Yes Kelechi played very well against Algeria in this position number 9, he played a good game, but he can also play offensive midfielder, but all these is depending on the other players if they are fit, some ‎are going out to China it’s a different situation”. He told Owngoalnigeria.com

Ade Emmanuel
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/08/09/ro ... -cameroon/
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NACHO COULD PLAY AM v CAMEROUN - Rohr

Post by oloye »

Just get us a team...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

People should stop posting stories from owngoal on this website. They have convey so much fictitious information that the website should be placed on "false news" very soon now, owngoal would post another story of Rohl debunking what he said about kelechi.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:Just get us a team...
kpom
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

john12 wrote:People should stop posting stories from owngoal on this website. They have convey so much fictitious information that the website should be placed on "false news" very soon now, owngoal would post another story of Rohl debunking what he said about kelechi.
To be fair, they have actually been more consistently accurate with their stories over the past year but people only focus on the ones they get wrong. Almost every transfer of a Nigerian player that has happened so far was first reported on owngoal.

They do need to improve on identifying gossip from facts like every website does. For example, the likes of espn and BBC report gossip but they are clearly identified as such whereas owngoal just writes it as a regular story without caveat. Let's not through the baby out with the bath water.
OCCUPY NFF!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Don't want to second guess him but hope this is an inspired move. It's not by force to play Kelechi. I guess he's not happy with our creativity and feels Kelechi would do better.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Rohr should look at Aaron Samuel who is back to full fitness as a top striker. He scored today for CSKA Moscow.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

oyek wrote:Rohr should look at Aaron Samuel who is back to full fitness as a top striker. He scored today for CSKA Moscow.
HELL NO :boo:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

9jaMan wrote:
oyek wrote:Rohr should look at Aaron Samuel who is back to full fitness as a top striker. He scored today for CSKA Moscow.
Why not?
The man's brief stint in the SE wasn't exactly a bad one.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Why not?
This is not the time for trials .
OCCUPY NFF!!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

There is no need to search too far. He, like most of us were getting carried away with the young and uncapped players that were getting games for their clubs in Europe and they were invited only for them to realize that international football is a different ball game. He should keep it simple and invite the trusted and experienced strikers we have out there. Martins, Ighalo, Ujah; these are 3 players doing well in China. The likes of Osimhen and Kayode should be allowed to concentrate on their club careers for now and if we qualify, invited for friendly games.
yes o
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

I wouldn't necessarily drop Nacho into m/f but rather simply play him the support striker role. Iwobi seems to have got his mojo back so I would slot him there and let Nacho play off his movement. We need an out and out finisher in the box to tuck the ball away. Igahola has the experience but I feel Kayode has the finishing, aggression and rough and tumble to mix it up with the plantain boys at the back.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Why not?
This is not the time for trials .
I agree but wouldn't say Aaron Samuel would be on trial any more than an Iheanacho or Ighalo. He's been there before, did well but was a victim of the NFF-orchestrated musical chairs.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Who did Aaron score against? I checked the highlights of both matches against AEK and Aaron did not score!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Looks like Rohr read your post.

http://aoifootball.com/2017/08/10/2018- ... oon-clash/
OCCUPY NFF!!