AKPEYI IS BACK!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
AKPEYI IS BACK!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://aoifootball.com/2017/08/09/eagle ... er-chance/

I think rohr has no choice but to build up Akpeyi's confidence and give him another chance. The game is just too important to start a rookie goalie, it's a low risk and high reward move . We have no idea how any other goalie will react in such a huge game. The goalie trainer seems to be for Akpeyi, I support the move to recall him and start him if he proved to be the better of the goalies in camp.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: AKPEYI IS BACK!

Post by 1naija »

I repeat, Akpeyi was not our problem against South Africa. We need to worry about our strikers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And our back 4. They didn't play well at all at all against SA.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote:And our back 4. They didn't play well at all at all against SA.
CAMEROUN is very good with high balls into the box , it's Akpeyi's weakest point.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote:I repeat, Akpeyi was not our problem against South Africa. We need to worry about our strikers.
Agreed, particularly on the goals. However, his performance was nothing to write home about in that game. Moreover, with both Ikeme and Enyeama unavailable Nigeria must either rely on Ezenwa or go to Akpeyi. I would not go to Alampasu for such a big game. That is my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:I repeat, Akpeyi was not our problem against South Africa. We need to worry about our strikers.
Agreed, particularly on the goals. However, his performance was nothing to write home about in that game. Moreover, with both Ikeme and Enyeama unavailable Nigeria must either rely on Ezenwa or go to Akpeyi. I would not go to Alampasu for such a big game. That is my tuppence.
You don't think he could have organized hid back line better for both goals?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
You don't think he could have organized hid back line better for both goals?

The big problem with many on CE is to blame a guy that we do not like. Has anyone raised a finger on Ekong for how easily he was rounded up on one of those plays? Do you depend on a goalie to correct elementary defending on the second goal? Fact is Akpeyi was not exactly good in that game but that defense was atrocious to state the least.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

maybe not really blame for the 2 goals but my issue with Akpeyi is that he does not look assured confident or calm enough- just watch him when camera zeros down on him. that alone can cause fear in defenders trusting him
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Guys, this young man is all we've got, we better encourage him.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Not looking good. Emmanuel Daniel was better than this guy at the olympics it was clear.

Rohr is hoping against hope. Akpeyi may have some sharp reflexes here and there but sound judgement and all round goal keeping needs work..He is a total basket on the world stage.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robotnik wrote:Not looking good. Emmanuel Daniel was better than this guy at the olympics it was clear.

Rohr is hoping against hope. Akpeyi may have some sharp reflexes here and there but sound judgement and all round goal keeping needs work..He is a total basket on the world stage.
TBH, Akpeyi does not look confident in goal but it is a stretch to claim that he was beaten out at the Olympics. Daniel was Siasia's choice as No.1 from Day 1. The only reason Siasia included Akpeyi in the squad (as an overage player) was to put Daniel on notice after Daniel's abysmal performance in one game that the U-23 gave up six goals during a tour of Asia. Thus, Akpeyi was called up not necessarily with a real chance of being the starter but to create a competitive atmosphere to ensure that Daniel was at his best.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Praying
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

I repeat, Nigeria will not qualify for the WC and ANC. At least I pray they don't qualify!
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

1naija wrote:And our back 4. They didn't play well at all at all against SA.
True but make that a back 5 - including Akpeyi. Even though he was not at fault for any of the goals, he was poor. He was literally shaky all game. Your back four should not see that in you as a goalkeeper. It affects their confidence also.
yes o
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

If Akpeyi looked jittery on home soil against SA, then how will he measure up in the pressure cauldron in Yaounde?

Rohr is forcing the issue here. Akpeyi has no business in the SE full stop. His ability is average and he just projects his jitters to his back 4. If Cameroon score cheap goals against him in the first leg, it will completely destroy his confidence. With the return leg only a few days later, there will be little time to call in a reinforcement. Anyway sha, we go see..
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Mr Shows wrote:If Akpeyi looked jittery on home soil against SA, then how will he measure up in the pressure cauldron in Yaounde?

Rohr is forcing the issue here. Akpeyi has no business in the SE full stop. His ability is average and he just projects his jitters to his back 4. If Cameroon score cheap goals against him in the first leg, it will completely destroy his confidence. With the return leg only a few days later, there will be little time to call in a reinforcement. Anyway sha, we go see..
KPOM
yes o
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Unku, Akpeyi was a problem and a liability.

He lacks confidence.

He inspires ZERO confidence in his back four or for the matter his team.

He has no command of his area nor his defenders.

He does not read the game.

He has little or no football IQ, evident with his decision not to foul a player outside the area... his lack of understanding of the situation at a critical time is enough to have him banished.

Lastly, he is neither a shot stopper nor a goal keeper. He is just there...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

He has little or no football IQ, evident with his decision not to foul a player outside the area... his lack of understanding of the situation at a critical time is enough to have him banished.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Unku Celly don kill persin o!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

Man the last line of yours is so sad to read. So our goal keeping situation has gone from secure to having a "there" as our keeper. Wow

If Akpeyi reads this he might as well retire... :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Cito wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

Man the last line of yours is so sad to read. So our goal keeping situation has gone from secure to having a "there" as our keeper. Wow

If Akpeyi reads this he might as well retire... :mrgreen:
If we are doing choosing and Akpeyi is an option for goalie, we go do fullfield "German Post" (Monkey Post) instead.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

Chief, no laff o.

Even his team mates dey fear gee am back pass...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

He lacks confidence.

Chief, no laff o.

Even his team mates dey fear gee am back pass...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

if Rohr plays Akpeyi we are doomed ... let someone else man the post, Akpeyi isn't fit to wear the national colors..he is the worst GK ever to come out of Nigeria..when the South Africans saw him in goal they laughed so hard.. you should have listened to them prior to the kickoff... now ROhr wants to ensure we get knocked out ..With Akpeyi we are doomed
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved