The Looming Catalan Wars...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
The Looming Catalan Wars...

Post by txj »

Pep Guardiola denied saying Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova would be unable to manage having Neymar and Lionel Messi on the same side, while also launching fierce criticism of club president Sandro Rosell.

Guardiola was appointed Barca coach in 2008 by then president Joan Laporta, who was succeeded by Rosell in 2010.

Two years later Guardiola quit the Catalan club to take a sabbatical in New York, before agreeing to take over as coach of Bayern in January this year.

Speaking at a press conference in Lake Garda, Italy, where Bayern are conducting their pre-season training, Guardiola was asked a question about a story that appeared in the Brazilian press earlier this week.

It claimed that Santos vice-president Odlio Rodrigues said Guardiola had encouraged Neymar to sign for Bayern instead of Barcelona, telling the player's father that Vilanova would be unable to manage having both the Brazilian and Lionel Messi in the same team.

Guardiola denied the story, saying: "I don't know the vice-president of Santos but probably his intermediaries have got this very wrong, because the information they have given him is false.

"I would never make any comments like those he said I made."

The 42-year-old claimed he had spoken to Neymar three years ago, at Rosell's request, to convince him to sign for Barcelona, and met him at the Ballon d'Or awards in January.

Guardiola also admitted speaking to the player's father in New York when he became the Bayern coach "to see what his situation was".

He said: "In that meeting and in the two conversations we had before that I must have told him 20 times how well he would do at Barcelona, and in none of those three meetings did the name Tito Vilanova come up.

"It's not necessary for me to say if he [Vilanova] is a capable coach or not, he was my assistant for five years and what he did last year speaks for itself, because he led the club to their greatest season in their history.

"What's more, the best players can always play together and those two [Neymar and Messi] are capable of playing together for many years."

Guardiola then moved on to Rosell, saying: "I told them [the president and his directors] I was going 6,000km away and asked them to leave me in peace, but they haven't kept their word.

"I did my time [at Barcelona] then decided to leave.

"I want them to get on with the job and I wish them all the success in the world, because their success will also be mine, I don't need to say what I feel for this club."

Guardiola's biggest bone of contention with the board was the suggestion that appeared in the press that he had not made enough effort to see Vilanova when he was diagnosed with cancer.

He said: "Too many things have happened that have crossed the line.

"I will never forget that they used Tito's illness to cause me damage, because it's a lie that I never saw him in New York.

"I saw him once, and the reason I didn't see him more often was because it wasn't possible, and that wasn't my fault.

"To say that I don't wish the best of someone who was my colleague for so many years is very bad taste, and I didn't expect that."

Barcelona will face Bayern on 24 July in a pre-season friendly at the Allianz Arena and Guardiola said he will be cordial when he sees Rosell again, but will not be able to forget what had happened.

"I did the best I could at Barcelona," he said.

"The staff and coaches have nothing to worry about. I left and have nothing to complain about, all I asked was to be left in peace. I went off to learn English and I ended up trying to learn German.

"That was all I focused on. I just ask the board to go their own way and leave me alone and stop using me and my friends to hurt me."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/88196 ... o-Vilanova
Last edited by txj on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Looming Catalan Wars: Barca vs Guardiola

Post by txj »

Roger Torello - Fernando Polo | Barcelona 12/07/2013 7:49

The board of FC Barcelona have no intention of getting into a war of words with Pep Guardiola . Rijkaard's accusations were met with surprise and displeasure among the staff of the board. They did not expect that reaction of the coach and least in the context of a concentration of Bayern Munich on Italian soil. Also surprised that did a few hours after news that the Bayern , the new club Pep Guardiola, about to launch into signing Thiago Alcantara Barca player. In fact, in the evening at the club already received various 'inputs' that the Bavarian club's offensive was to begin shortly.

Despite this initial shock tactics consensus was reached quickly and with a crystal clear slogan transmitted from the top: do not get into a war of words with Pep Guardiola . Literally, a director with more weight in the board explained this situation with a graphic phrase, "If you do not want, two do not go to war. Therefore Pep war with nothing at all".

That is, even though the board officials consider such words Guardiola will do a disservice to the institution Barcelona because they open a controversy that can be divided into two partners and supporters, prefer not to engage in a dispute public with the most successful coach in the centennial history of the club.

Basically because that would deepen further into the possible split. In fact, what is that Pep surprised that bomb being let go as it has always been a coach who has made public its institutional role. That is, has expressed concern for not creating institutional tense situation publicly and often defined as a coach as "an employee of the club."

Indeed, the desire for integration of Pep Guardiola broadcasted since put together a paradigmatic example he gave was a lot of talk in the media: that time the coach said at a press conference after a game at the Camp Nou, he was saddened by the situation in which the former directors were affected by the execution of pre-endorsement after the lawsuit filed by Vicenç Pla club member and the court ruling favorable to their interests.

In any case, next Monday will be the first public reaction to meet the president of FC Barcelona . And that Sandro Rosell had scheduled an interview on 8tv and will be interviewed on the day '8 'by journalist Josep Cuni

Leer más: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130712/ ... z2Ypn71fBa
Síguenos en: https://twitter.com/@mundodeportivo| http://facebook.com/MundoDeportivo.com

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

txj wrote:Roger Torello - Fernando Polo | Barcelona 12/07/2013 7:49

The board of FC Barcelona have no intention of getting into a war of words with Pep Guardiola . Rijkaard's :blink: accusations were met with surprise and displeasure among the staff of the board. They did not expect that reaction of the coach and least in the context of a concentration of Bayern Munich on Italian soil. Also surprised that did a few hours after news that the Bayern , the new club Pep Guardiola, about to launch into signing Thiago Alcantara Barca player. In fact, in the evening at the club already received various 'inputs' that the Bavarian club's offensive was to begin shortly.

Despite this initial shock tactics consensus was reached quickly and with a crystal clear slogan transmitted from the top: do not get into a war of words with Pep Guardiola . Literally, a director with more weight in the board explained this situation with a graphic phrase, "If you do not want, two do not go to war. Therefore Pep war with nothing at all".

That is, even though the board officials consider such words Guardiola will do a disservice to the institution Barcelona because they open a controversy that can be divided into two partners and supporters, prefer not to engage in a dispute public with the most successful coach in the centennial history of the club.

Basically because that would deepen further into the possible split. In fact, what is that Pep surprised that bomb being let go as it has always been a coach who has made public its institutional role. That is, has expressed concern for not creating institutional tense situation publicly and often defined as a coach as "an employee of the club."

Indeed, the desire for integration of Pep Guardiola broadcasted since put together a paradigmatic example he gave was a lot of talk in the media: that time the coach said at a press conference after a game at the Camp Nou, he was saddened by the situation in which the former directors were affected by the execution of pre-endorsement after the lawsuit filed by Vicenç Pla club member and the court ruling favorable to their interests.

In any case, next Monday will be the first public reaction to meet the president of FC Barcelona . And that Sandro Rosell had scheduled an interview on 8tv and will be interviewed on the day '8 'by journalist Josep Cuni

Leer más: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130712/ ... z2Ypn71fBa
Síguenos en: https://twitter.com/@mundodeportivo| http://facebook.com/MundoDeportivo.com
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I saw that too and said WTF?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
BARCELONA'S SUCH A CLASSLESS CLUB!SEE WETIN DEM DO PEP..

Post by paj »

BARCELONA'S SUCH A CLASSLESS CLUB!SEE WETIN DEM DO PEP..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... lona-peace

Pep Guardiola lashes out at Barcelona for disturbing his 'peace'

• Former coach angry at suggestion he ignored Tito Vilanova
• 'Too many things have happened that have crossed the line'

Pep Guardiola left Barcelona in mid-2012 and has taken over as coach of the European champions, Bayern Munich. Photograph: Action Press/Rex Features

Pep Guardiola has lashed out at the Barcelona president, Sandro Rosell, and the club's directors for not leaving him in peace after he left the club. Guardiola said he was incensed by the suggestion that he had not made the effort to see Tito Vilanova, his former assistant and current Barça coach, when Vilanova had travelled to New York for cancer treatment.

"I told them [the president and his directors] I was going 6,000km away and asked them to leave me in peace, but they haven't kept their word," Guardiola, now the Bayern Munich coach, said. "I did my time [at Barcelona] then decided to leave. I want them to get on with the job and I wish them all the success in the world, because their success will also be mine – I don't need to say what I feel for this club."

Guardiola left Barcelona in mid-2012 after four seasons in charge, saying he needed to "recharge my batteries" by taking a year's sabbatical in New York.

"Too many things have happened that have crossed the line," Guardiola told the media in Lake Garda in Italy, where Bayern are holding a pre-season training camp. "I will never forget that they used Tito's illness to cause me damage, because it's a lie that I never saw him in New York.

"I saw him once, and the reason I didn't see him more often was because it wasn't possible, and that wasn't my fault. To say that I don't wish the best of someone who was my colleague for so many years is very bad taste, and I didn't expect that.

"If any of the things I've said is not true, come out and rebut it, but it has to be them [Rosell and the board], not intermediaries or Barcelona messengers. Them."

Despite his anger, Guardiola intends to be cordial when Bayern play Barcelona in a pre-season friendly on 24 July. "I did the best I could at Barcelona," he said. "The staff and coaches have nothing to worry about. I left and have nothing to complain about – all I asked was to be left in peace.

"I went off to learn English and I ended up trying to learn German. That was all I focused on. I just ask the board to go their own way and leave me alone and stop using me and my friends to hurt me."

..sheesh.looks like they lost their minds after we whooped their @$$es... :boo:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BARCELONA'S SUCH A CLASSLESS CLUB!SEE WETIN DEM DO PEP..

Post by metalalloy »

paj wrote:

Pep Guardiola left Barcelona in mid-2012 and has taken over as coach of the European champions, Bayern Munich. Photograph: Action Press/Rex Features

Pep Guardiola has lashed out at the Barcelona president, Sandro Rosell, and the club's directors for not leaving him in peace after he left the club. Guardiola said he was incensed by the suggestion that he had not made the effort to see Tito Vilanova, his former assistant and current Barça coach, when Vilanova had travelled to New York for cancer treatment.

"I told them [the president and his directors] I was going 6,000km away and asked them to leave me in peace, but they haven't kept their word," Guardiola, now the Bayern Munich coach, said. "I did my time [at Barcelona] then decided to leave. I want them to get on with the job and I wish them all the success in the world, because their success will also be mine – I don't need to say what I feel for this club."

Guardiola left Barcelona in mid-2012 after four seasons in charge, saying he needed to "recharge my batteries" by taking a year's sabbatical in New York.

"Too many things have happened that have crossed the line," Guardiola told the media in Lake Garda in Italy, where Bayern are holding a pre-season training camp. "I will never forget that they used Tito's illness to cause me damage, because it's a lie that I never saw him in New York.

"I saw him once, and the reason I didn't see him more often was because it wasn't possible, and that wasn't my fault. To say that I don't wish the best of someone who was my colleague for so many years is very bad taste, and I didn't expect that.

"If any of the things I've said is not true, come out and rebut it, but it has to be them [Rosell and the board], not intermediaries or Barcelona messengers. Them."

Despite his anger, Guardiola intends to be cordial when Bayern play Barcelona in a pre-season friendly on 24 July. "I did the best I could at Barcelona," he said. "The staff and coaches have nothing to worry about. I left and have nothing to complain about – all I asked was to be left in peace.

"I went off to learn English and I ended up trying to learn German. That was all I focused on. I just ask the board to go their own way and leave me alone and stop using me and my friends to hurt me."

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

metalalloy wrote:
paj wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

100%Naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
paj wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Aj1211
Egg
Egg

Post by Aj1211 »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
paj wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Aj1211 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
paj wrote:

Abeg make I join :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anointed wrote:
Aj1211 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
paj wrote:

Abeg make I join :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

anointed wrote:
Aj1211 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
paj wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

i know we have a thread fail on our hands, but what team does the alleged to its heroes? answer - barcelona.
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

oluphemmie007 wrote:i know we have a thread fail on our hands, but what team does the alleged to its heroes? answer - barcelona.

after all he did for them, this is the repayment! smh
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

What is funny?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Catalyst wrote:What is funny?
we
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Catalyst wrote:What is funny?
we
I saw that but I was not sure which "we" paj was referring to hence why I missed the joke.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Guardiola attacks Barcelona to hide Thiago's signing

Posted by Francesc Tomas

When Pep Guardiola decided to voluntarily leave Barcelona after winning a record 14 trophies, many expected the Catalan manager to take a sabbatical and roam casually around the streets of Lower Manhattan in order to recharge his energy levels after four seasons under the intense Camp Nou spotlight.

Unsurprisingly, the world's media was instantly eager to find out what Pep's next managerial challenge may be once his yearlong break came to an end. British clubs Manchester City and Chelsea seemed to be the ideal next step for him due to their highly competitive squads and undisputed economic power. In what many initially considered a surprising move, he decided to join the Bundesliga champions at the Allianz Arena.

Recently, Bayern Munich directors Uli Hoeness and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge explained that their first contact with Guardiola took place back in July 2011 when, to the Germans' surprise, the Catalan manager reportedly approached them out of the blue, expressed his admiration for their club philosophy, shared his desire to coach there one day, gave them his phone number and walked away.

In other words: Pep's carefully crafted master plan to land a job at the Allianz Arena had already started to develop several months before even leaving Barcelona, and his supposedly stress-free year away was, in fact, used as preparation for his German adventure.

From the moment the former Blaugranas leader was famously presented as treble-winner Jupp Heynckes' successor, it became increasingly clear that Guardiola had no intention of keeping the peace with Barcelona, the club which gave him the chance to become a professional player (first) and one of the most successful managers in football history (second).

Disappointingly, Pep doesn't seem to have any problems with attacking his former employers from the comfort of his newly found German home: "Too many things have happened that have crossed the line. I will never forget that they used [Tito Vilanova's] illness to cause me damage. I just ask the Barcelona board to go their own way and leave me alone and stop using me and my friends to hurt me. All I asked was to be left in peace."

Personally, I believe Guardiola's shocking rant is totally uncalled for and will certainly damage the Catalan club by causing a further division within supporters at a time of increasing difficulty given the controversial decisions the board has taken lately.

It’s no secret former supremo Joan Laporta has the support of both Guardiola and mentor Johan Cruyff in his continuing battle against current president Sandro Rosell, and regrettably, it looks as if the war is only likely to become worse in the near future.

As a lifelong Cule, I must admit that I am hugely disappointed about the fact that such important names within the club's present, past and future don't seem to able to put their differences to one side and put the interest of the club ahead of their huge egos.

Blaugranas members will have the chance to vote for their next president in the summer of 2016. In my opinion, causing further instability and internal debate three whole years before any kind of final decision can be made is neither necessary nor beneficial to the club as a whole.

A strategy to hide Thiago's signing?

After unleashing his furious attack against the current Blaugranas board of directors, the newly appointed Bayern Munich manager went on to, unashamedly, confirm his interest in luring the promising Thiago Alcantara away from the Camp Nou: "It is either Thiago or no one. I know him very, very well. He is a super, super player. He can play three, four, five positions. He wants to play and at Barcelona his chances would be worse."

Don't get me wrong, I am aware that the youngster has recently become more reluctant to continue to challenge Andres Iniesta, Xavi Hernandez and Cesc Fabregas for playing time at the Camp Nou, but honestly, I didn't for one second expect Guardiola to be the one convincing him of leaving.

If we consider that Thiago's agent is in fact Pere Guardiola (Pep's brother), the whole story becomes even more twisted. Was the current Bayern Munich manager involved in ensuring that the youngster's buyout clause dropped from €90 million to €18 million at this point? I guess we will never find out ...

Oh well. I would certainly not lose any sleep over making an €18-22 million profit from selling a player who went on record to announce "I would lie if I said my dream was to succeed at Barcelona" shortly after being promoted to the club's first team. As I have argued many times before, the door is wide open for those who don't appreciate the privilege of defending the club's colours in front of the eyes of millions of adoring fans.

Pep Guardiola played a vital part in bringing plenty of silverware to the Camp Nou, and for that, I will be eternally grateful. I sincerely wish him all the best at Bayern Munich.

However, I strongly recommend that, if he wants to be left in peace, he stops trying to damage Barcelona by reigniting divisive, harmful debate and trying to convince promising young players of leaving the club that has enabled their development.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/barcelona/id/1689?cc=5901

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Can we now consider Etoo a gentleman for the way he handled his exit from Barca?

What do I care for Pep? I wish him well in his future endeavors but what goes round comes round.

History proves this man is full of intrigue.

Chikena.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

....HAHAHAHA...IF NA MOURINHO NOW SOME EWUS HERE GO WAN HANG AM AS 'TROBU MAKER'... :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

metalalloy wrote:
paj wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

txj wrote:Pep Guardiola denied saying Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova would be unable to manage having Neymar and Lionel Messi on the same side, while also launching fierce criticism of club president Sandro Rosell.

Guardiola was appointed Barca coach in 2008 by then president Joan Laporta, who was succeeded by Rosell in 2010.

Two years later Guardiola quit the Catalan club to take a sabbatical in New York, before agreeing to take over as coach of Bayern in January this year.

Speaking at a press conference in Lake Garda, Italy, where Bayern are conducting their pre-season training, Guardiola was asked a question about a story that appeared in the Brazilian press earlier this week.

It claimed that Santos vice-president Odlio Rodrigues said Guardiola had encouraged Neymar to sign for Bayern instead of Barcelona, telling the player's father that Vilanova would be unable to manage having both the Brazilian and Lionel Messi in the same team.

Guardiola denied the story, saying: "I don't know the vice-president of Santos but probably his intermediaries have got this very wrong, because the information they have given him is false.

The 42-year-old claimed he had spoken to Neymar three years ago, at Rosell's request, to convince him to sign for Barcelona, and met him at the Ballon d'Or awards in January.

Guardiola also admitted speaking to the player's father in New York when he became the Bayern coach "to see what his situation was".

He said: "In that meeting and in the two conversations we had before that I must have told him 20 times how well he would do at Barcelona, and in none of those three meetings did the name Tito Vilanova come up.

"It's not necessary for me to say if he [Vilanova] is a capable coach or not, he was my assistant for five years and what he did last year speaks for itself, because he led the club to their greatest season in their history.

"What's more, the best players can always play together and those two [Neymar and Messi] are capable of playing together for many years."

Guardiola then moved on to Rosell, saying: "I told them [the president and his directors] I was going 6,000km away and asked them to leave me in peace, but they haven't kept their word.

"I want them to get on with the job and I wish them all the success in the world, because their success will also be mine, I don't need to say what I feel for this club."

Guardiola's biggest bone of contention with the board was the suggestion that appeared in the press that he had not made enough effort to see Vilanova when he was diagnosed with cancer.

"I will never forget that they used Tito's illness to cause me damage, because it's a lie that I never saw him in New York.

"I saw him once, and the reason I didn't see him more often was because it wasn't possible, and that wasn't my fault.

"To say that I don't wish the best of someone who was my colleague for so many years is very bad taste, and I didn't expect that."

Barcelona will face Bayern on 24 July in a pre-season friendly at the Allianz Arena and Guardiola said he will be cordial when he sees Rosell again, but will not be able to forget what had happened.

"The staff and coaches have nothing to worry about. I left and have nothing to complain about, all I asked was to be left in peace. I went off to learn English and I ended up trying to learn German.

"That was all I focused on. I just ask the board to go their own way and leave me alone and stop using me and my friends to hurt me."

The war is not "looming," the war began a long time ago when Laporta was president and Rosell was vice president. The the two quarreled, and Rosell left the board. Since becoming president, Rosell has done everything to undermine everyone connected with Laporta - from Johan Cruyff to Guardiola (many believe this was the underlying factor behind Guardiola's departure from Barcelona.

Even that story of a few years ago that claimed that Barca was about to go bankrupt was put out by Rosell to tarnish the achievements of the Laporta presidency. He even went as far as re-auditing the books to show that Laporta mismanaged the club's finances. He took Laporta to court for allegedly mismanaging the club's finances.

Even the sale of Chygyrynsky after only one year at the club was a weapon in the war. Rosell is basically destroying everything that Laporta built just to spite him...
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

Vincent. wrote:
txj wrote:Pep Guardiola denied saying Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova would be unable to manage having Neymar and Lionel Messi on the same side, while also launching fierce criticism of club president Sandro Rosell.

The war is not "looming," the war began a long time ago when Laporta was president and Rosell was vice president. The the two quarreled, and Rosell left the board. Since becoming president, Rosell has done everything to undermine everyone connected with Laporta - from Johan Cruyff to Guardiola (many believe this was the underlying factor behind Guardiola's departure from Barcelona.

Even that story of a few years ago that claimed that Barca was about to go bankrupt was put out by Rosell to tarnish the achievements of the Laporta presidency. He even went as far as re-auditing the books to show that Laporta mismanaged the club's finances. He took Laporta to court for allegedly mismanaging the club's finances.

Even the sale of Chygyrynsky after only one year at the club was a weapon in the war. Rosell is basically destroying everything that Laporta built just to spite him...
Where do the fans stand in all this? Seems Barca is being used to enhance personal agenda. It's interesting when one looks at the Barca slogan "more than a club".
I appreciate the insight
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993