Onazi about to sign for Birmingham City in the Championship?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onazi about to sign for Birmingham City in the Champions

Post by The YeyeMan »

Good move financially.

Bad move for football reasons.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

How about wishing the guy well? Onazi has earned the right to go wherever he wants to go, he does have to make career moves based on what we feel is best for SE. He has won Afcon and been to the 2nd rd of the wc where he had to be carried off. Last I checked we've never been further in football.

Good luck Eddy. We believe in u!
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It's perfectly possible to wish him well and point out that it's a sub-optimal move football-wise.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The YeyeMan wrote:It's perfectly possible to wish him well and point out that it's a sub-optimal move football-wise.
Preach
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mcal wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:IMHO, poor move.
...sure, should have gone NPL where money are paid in billions, and away matches can be a nightmare :biggrin:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Way better than Qatar, Turkey or China.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I ignored this thread up until now.

Whenever I see a player of the calibre of Onazi make such a move, nowadays I just Ignore the situation.

Surely this wasn't his only viable option?

I don taya for Naija footballers. If dem like make dem go East Timor, wetin cosign me.

NPFL sef, if it at least had been decent, it would have been another option. It's just a sad sad situation all around. I should have stayed away from this thread, now I'm in a bad mood.

Anyway at least it is stable income, Kongi you hia? I don wish am well!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

What happened to the fact that his Turkish club had problems paying him?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

he has been denied work permit

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40950438
However Nigeria's failure to qualify for the past two editions of the Nations Cup has affected his chances of securing a work permit to play in the English Championship.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Despite appearing in over 80% of the national team games, Onazi failed to earn a permit after the FA considered the West African nation's world ranking in the past two years.

They are ranked 38th in the August 2017 ranking, but Nigeria finished 54th on aggregate over the past two years.

Onazi joined current club Trabzonspor from Lazio last year and scored twice in 27 Turkish Super Lig matches last season.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

if we fail to qualify for Russia and AFCON 19, Nigerian players will suffer the most ..hmmmmm
SuperEagles

walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Despite appearing in over 80% of the national team games, Onazi failed to earn a permit after the FA considered the West African nation's world ranking in the past two years.

They are ranked 38th in the August 2017 ranking, but Nigeria finished 54th on aggregate over the past two years.

Onazi joined current club Trabzonspor from Lazio last year and scored twice in 27 Turkish Super Lig matches last season.
apart from above - english will like to do everything possible to limit foreigner into the championship to allow more of their own grow and develop playing first team football.

Our players just have to work extra harder and focus more. shame that one of SE regular cannot even get permit to play in a 2 tier english league- how low can that be for national team-

it absolutely important Nigeria must not only qualify for Russia2018 but must also make a great impact otherwise situation will only get worst
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:he has been denied work permit

However Nigeria's failure to qualify for the past two editions of the Nations Cup has affected his chances of securing a work permit to play in the English Championship.
I was just about to laugh, but no need to do so. However, I hope this lesson is learned. When they were throwing our hopes out the window, they thought they were showing us pepper abi? Now, it has affected his career. useless imp!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:he has been denied work permit

I was just about to laugh, but no need to do so. However, I hope this lesson is learned. When they were throwing our hopes out the window, they thought they were showing us pepper abi? Now, it has affected his career. useless imp!
This is another angle. I guess it's nice for the players to see that the team's success is their own success. Truly pathetic that our average position for the past 2 years falls outside the top 50.
Last edited by niyi on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
eob047
Egg
Egg

Post by eob047 »

Nigeria's Ogenyi Onazi denied work permit to join Birmingham :o
A fatal aftermath of "Not My Business" syndrome

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40950438
Nigeria international Ogenyi Onazi has been denied a work permit to play for English Championship side Birmingham City.

Birmingham had agreed terms with the 24-year-old to sign him from Turkish club Trabzonspor.

However the Football Association turned down a first application for a work permit for Onazi last week.

An appeal made by the club was rejected on Wednesday despite Onazi being a regular in the Nigeria national team.

BBC Sport understands that the player and his representatives are bitterly disappointed that the panel rejected an appeal.

Onazi has played 38 times for the Super Eagles and helped them to win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations and reach the last 16 of the World Cup in Brazil a year later.