Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 39954
Orion wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, from the videos I saw posted here, Enyeama will not be ready for the Cameroon games even if he chooses to come out of retirement. He was injured and is currently undergoing rehabilitation. He hasn't played a competitive game for God knows how long and not likely to be playing any competitive games for his club before the Cameroon games. The coaches are clearly not considering him and are focusing on available keepers for now. I don't know why you guys can't move on.



Because this is CE some love to hear the sound of flatulence coming out of their rear ends.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 40261
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
felarey wrote:
Enyeama is hot headed. I pity those clamoring for him, you can see he hasn't even dignified them with any response. Nigeria could have made do with a world class keeper since 2010, he would have achieved a lot more in his career.


Enyeama is NOT a hot head.

Where do you guys get this ish from?

He plays the role of a team captain... the same role Oliseh played before him, Keshi as well, even Mikel... the only get-along-be-along duo of captains were Okocha and Kanu. Even Yobo did not stand for the NFF shenanigans or the treatment of players as if they were ne'er-do-well or somn like that.

How Oliseh dismissed and handled Enyeama was plain wrong. And karma, as they say, is a b#$%@... he (Oliseh) too was handled the same way by the NFF, not once but twice.

What saddens me is that Oliseh of all people should have known better. But the thing about ego is that it does not let you think and act properly...

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 40261
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
metalalloy wrote:
Orion wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, from the videos I saw posted here, Enyeama will not be ready for the Cameroon games even if he chooses to come out of retirement. He was injured and is currently undergoing rehabilitation. He hasn't played a competitive game for God knows how long and not likely to be playing any competitive games for his club before the Cameroon games. The coaches are clearly not considering him and are focusing on available keepers for now. I don't know why you guys can't move on.



Because this is CE some love to hear the sound of flatulence coming out of their rear ends.


Maybe you forgot the opening thread and why people are responding?

Here it is to refresh your memory.

highbury wrote:
I am so pissed at this incessant pleas for Enyeama to return to the SE. If he comes back, he will screw Nigeria over. Is Enyeama the only one that has been offended, insulted while serving Nigeria? How about those retirees who served Nigeria for 30, 40yrs? Are they not offended when they aren't paid their pensions? I don't hear this people trying to get even. Isn't Enyeama called" the pastor?" Nothing in his behavior suggest Christ like. Please let's move on from Enyeama. I am grateful and thank him for his service. Our coaches and politicians should not beg him. The great President Kennedy said" ask not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country."


Maybe unceremoniously dismissing someone who was/is still on top of his profession after years of meritious service is how you take to reward someone in your neck of the wood but it is wrong. 3 failed AFCON qualification bids in games he could have made a difference.

At what point will you natives just set your egos aside?

It is not like you have a ready replacement....

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Canada
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama is no hot head. He has served his country well. Why should he respond to that thief Saraki. He is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants.

Interview Vincent 15 yrs from now, he will tell you he regrets bolting out of the national team as he could have achieved more. Don't ask him now, wait 15 yrs. I believe Muyiwa Lawal gave us a vivid account of what happened. Enyeama got up to speak, Oliseh told him to sit down. Vincent went up to his room to pack his belongings, bolted out of the hotel and retired from the national team. Textbook boneheaded oops...I meant hot headed move. A captain that abandoned the ship when the waves came. He wasn't the only senior player Oliseh was having issues with, Mikel was another and we appreciate his leadership.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Canada
papilo wrote:
Odas wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
I wouldn't return to SE if I were him. They treated him like trash after he lost his parents.

No, Enyeama acted like a fool and disrespected his coach, yet chose to retire from the national team. The way I see it; therefore, he left on his own and should be allowed to remain retired.


You are wrong. His coach disrespected him and not the other way round. For the sake of qualifying for the world cup, a selfish me would like him to come back but I think the right thing for all involved is to stay retired.

How did he disrespect him? Ask him to cut his hair or train with U23 team? Kick a boot in his face or go turnover tables at his house party? Vincent was told to seat when he got up to interrupt and he got very very angry, packed his bags, bolted out of the hotel and retired from the team. It's not his fault, it's ours for keeping the seat for him when he was wandering around the likes of Iwuanyanwu and Bnei Yehuda.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Canada
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:
Enyeama is hot headed. I pity those clamoring for him, you can see he hasn't even dignified them with any response. Nigeria could have made do with a world class keeper since 2010, he would have achieved a lot more in his career.


Enyeama is NOT a hot head.

Where do you guys get this ish from?

He plays the role of a team captain... the same role Oliseh played before him, Keshi as well, even Mikel... the only get-along-be-along duo of captains were Okocha and Kanu. Even Yobo did not stand for the NFF shenanigans or the treatment of players as if they were ne'er-do-well or somn like that.

How Oliseh dismissed and handled Enyeama was plain wrong. And karma, as they say, is a b#$%@... he (Oliseh) too was handled the same way by the NFF, not once but twice.

What saddens me is that Oliseh of all people should have known better. But the thing about ego is that it does not let you think and act properly...

Pls don't ever compare Captain Oliseh to Captain Vincent. Oliseh bared it all and would have played in WC 2002 if not that he was banned from the team. He played while suffering malaria and was very committed. Compared to the petulance of Enyeama that lost his head in a moment and retired from the team. Oliseh was prematurely banned, Vincent prematurely retired. It takes a lot for a pro to be out there, knowing you're the best your country has and staying away while the team struggles and most especially, you know they need you.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 39954
Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Orion wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, from the videos I saw posted here, Enyeama will not be ready for the Cameroon games even if he chooses to come out of retirement. He was injured and is currently undergoing rehabilitation. He hasn't played a competitive game for God knows how long and not likely to be playing any competitive games for his club before the Cameroon games. The coaches are clearly not considering him and are focusing on available keepers for now. I don't know why you guys can't move on.



Because this is CE some love to hear the sound of flatulence coming out of their rear ends.


Maybe you forgot the opening thread and why people are responding?

Here it is to refresh your memory.

highbury wrote:
I am so pissed at this incessant pleas for Enyeama to return to the SE. If he comes back, he will screw Nigeria over. Is Enyeama the only one that has been offended, insulted while serving Nigeria? How about those retirees who served Nigeria for 30, 40yrs? Are they not offended when they aren't paid their pensions? I don't hear this people trying to get even. Isn't Enyeama called" the pastor?" Nothing in his behavior suggest Christ like. Please let's move on from Enyeama. I am grateful and thank him for his service. Our coaches and politicians should not beg him. The great President Kennedy said" ask not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country."


Maybe unceremoniously dismissing someone who was/is still on top of his profession after years of meritious service is how you take to reward someone in your neck of the wood but it is wrong. 3 failed AFCON qualification bids in games he could have made a difference.

At what point will you natives just set your egos aside?

It is not like you have a ready replacement....


Are you ok and why are you quoting my post ? The OP is the post i was referring to. This is my stance on Enyeama:
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281421&p=5053359&hilit=enyeama#p5053359

Once i found out he was injured and he cant help in the next game, i moved on.
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281781&p=5061299&hilit=enyeama#p5061299

What on earth are you going on about? :roll:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 40261
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
MetalAlloy, You highlighted a section that said, "I don't know why you guys can't move on."

And referred to people advocating for Enyeama as loving "to hear the sound of flatulence coming out of their rear ends."

That is why I reminded you what the original premise of the thread was about. Just in case you forgot.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 40261
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
felarey wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama is no hot head. He has served his country well. Why should he respond to that thief Saraki. He is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants.

Interview Vincent 15 yrs from now, he will tell you he regrets bolting out of the national team as he could have achieved more. Don't ask him now, wait 15 yrs. I believe Muyiwa Lawal gave us a vivid account of what happened. Enyeama got up to speak, Oliseh told him to sit down. Vincent went up to his room to pack his belongings, bolted out of the hotel and retired from the national team. Textbook boneheaded oops...I meant hot headed move. A captain that abandoned the ship when the waves came. He wasn't the only senior player Oliseh was having issues with, Mikel was another and we appreciate his leadership.


That is just NOT true.

Oliseh threw Vince both out of the meeting and out of the team and in the same fell swoop, nominated a new captain.
He tried to get Mikel to take the captainship and Mikel refused.

Enyeama did not abandon the team. Never did!

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 39954
Cellular wrote:
MetalAlloy, You highlighted a section that said, "I don't know why you guys can't move on."

And referred to people advocating for Enyeama as loving "to hear the sound of flatulence coming out of their rear ends."

That is why I reminded you what the original premise of the thread was about. Just in case you forgot.


Thanks for the reminder. My response did no such thing, it simply mentioned "some people" who loved to hear the sound of their own voice. The post i quoted discussed Vince's non availability even if he decided to come out of retirement. How was it directed at people advocating for Enyeama? A position I have publicly called for in this same forum?

I suppose you are more than free to include yourself as one of those people. It is a free world after all.

Carry on.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Canada
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama is no hot head. He has served his country well. Why should he respond to that thief Saraki. He is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants.

Interview Vincent 15 yrs from now, he will tell you he regrets bolting out of the national team as he could have achieved more. Don't ask him now, wait 15 yrs. I believe Muyiwa Lawal gave us a vivid account of what happened. Enyeama got up to speak, Oliseh told him to sit down. Vincent went up to his room to pack his belongings, bolted out of the hotel and retired from the national team. Textbook boneheaded oops...I meant hot headed move. A captain that abandoned the ship when the waves came. He wasn't the only senior player Oliseh was having issues with, Mikel was another and we appreciate his leadership.


That is just NOT true.

Oliseh threw Vince both out of the meeting and out of the team and in the same fell swoop, nominated a new captain.
He tried to get Mikel to take the captainship and Mikel refused.

Enyeama did not abandon the team. Never did!

Chief I will apologize to Enyeama if your version is true but I doubt it. You're saying Oliseh kicked him out not just disrespected him. I'll see if I can find the thread on here...

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 39954
felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama is no hot head. He has served his country well. Why should he respond to that thief Saraki. He is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants.

Interview Vincent 15 yrs from now, he will tell you he regrets bolting out of the national team as he could have achieved more. Don't ask him now, wait 15 yrs. I believe Muyiwa Lawal gave us a vivid account of what happened. Enyeama got up to speak, Oliseh told him to sit down. Vincent went up to his room to pack his belongings, bolted out of the hotel and retired from the national team. Textbook boneheaded oops...I meant hot headed move. A captain that abandoned the ship when the waves came. He wasn't the only senior player Oliseh was having issues with, Mikel was another and we appreciate his leadership.


That is just NOT true.

Oliseh threw Vince both out of the meeting and out of the team and in the same fell swoop, nominated a new captain.
He tried to get Mikel to take the captainship and Mikel refused.

Enyeama did not abandon the team. Never did!

Chief I will apologize to Enyeama if your version is true but I doubt it. You're saying Oliseh kicked him out not just disrespected him. I'll see if I can find the thread on here...



Quote:
At dinner SO went on a rant at the players saying he was disappointed in their training efforts and if any player thinks he's too big for SE he should leave now, and also if any player thinks he has too much money he too should leave his money at home, he also implied that he knew certain individuals would not honour their invitation and he named VE and VM as the 2 players he didn't expect to honour their invitation, He then blew his own trumpet saying that he as a coach and player had won everything and achieved/ done more in football than his current set of players. VE stood up to address the coach and was immediately asked to shut up and sit down, to which VE replied "I'm not angry that you took the captain of me, but show me and the boys some respect pls" SO again told him to sit down and shut up and if he didn't like how he addressed them he should go home now. SO then called security to remove VE but before security came VE left the dinning room with his last words "I came late because I went to bury my mother, is this why you are treating me like this"
Senior officials and senior players later tried to persuade VE to stay at the camp, we've not seen him this morning. BTW during S.O's rants, he said he has a home based left back who is far better than the LB in camp and that the player would have been here in Belgium if not for visa problems obviously firing shots at Echiejile who stayed quiet as a gentleman. (He's of course referring to Akas Chima).
Nothing but the truth.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=265636&hilit=enyeama


http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/ol ... lawal.html

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 26911
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:
Enyeama is hot headed. I pity those clamoring for him, you can see he hasn't even dignified them with any response. Nigeria could have made do with a world class keeper since 2010, he would have achieved a lot more in his career.

Enyeama is NOT a hot head.

Where do you guys get this ish from?

He plays the role of a team captain... the same role Oliseh played before him, Keshi as well, even Mikel... the only get-along-be-along duo of captains were Okocha and Kanu. Even Yobo did not stand for the NFF shenanigans or the treatment of players as if they were ne'er-do-well or somn like that.

How Oliseh dismissed and handled Enyeama was plain wrong. And karma, as they say, is a b#$%@... he (Oliseh) too was handled the same way by the NFF, not once but twice.

What saddens me is that Oliseh of all people should have known better. But the thing about ego is that it does not let you think and act properly...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 26911
felarey wrote:
Pls don't ever compare Captain Oliseh to Captain Vincent. Oliseh bared it all and would have played in WC 2002 if not that he was banned from the team. He played while suffering malaria and was very committed. Compared to the petulance of Enyeama that lost his head in a moment and retired from the team. Oliseh was prematurely banned, Vincent prematurely retired. It takes a lot for a pro to be out there, knowing you're the best your country has and staying away while the team struggles and most especially, you know they need you.

Dude, captains do what they situationally believe is best for the team...
Oliseh as SE captain led a player boycott of a pre-ANC 2002 friendly against Egypt.

Btw, thought some of you were proud of Oliseh when (after insulting SE fans) he "prematurely" quit before the crucial Egypt ANCQ?! :blink:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 30797
Location: Somewhere
Gotti wrote:
felarey wrote:
Pls don't ever compare Captain Oliseh to Captain Vincent. Oliseh bared it all and would have played in WC 2002 if not that he was banned from the team. He played while suffering malaria and was very committed. Compared to the petulance of Enyeama that lost his head in a moment and retired from the team. Oliseh was prematurely banned, Vincent prematurely retired. It takes a lot for a pro to be out there, knowing you're the best your country has and staying away while the team struggles and most especially, you know they need you.

Dude, captains do what they situationally believe is best for the team...
Oliseh as SE captain led a player boycott of a pre-ANC 2002 friendly against Egypt.

Btw, thought some of you were proud of Oliseh when (after insulting SE fans) he "prematurely" quit before the crucial Egypt ANCQ?! :blink:



And by the way, his ego, according to some reports, sank the reconciliation efforts with Pa Oni, which subsequently led to his own decision to boycott the 2002 WC. He supposedly called Pa Oni (kudos to Oliseh for that), they had a discussion and agreed to move forward. Pa Oni supposedly relayed the info to someone, and the version that came out was that Oliseh called to "beg" (Naija style of reporting). SO's anger took over, and there was no going back. An ex-coach who was in the mix told a few of us CEs that story. Take it for what it's worth...

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 33 yrs no good o

Image <--- Santini/Jol/Ramos/'Arry/AVB/Sherwood/Poch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Canada
metalalloy wrote:
felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama is no hot head. He has served his country well. Why should he respond to that thief Saraki. He is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants.

Interview Vincent 15 yrs from now, he will tell you he regrets bolting out of the national team as he could have achieved more. Don't ask him now, wait 15 yrs. I believe Muyiwa Lawal gave us a vivid account of what happened. Enyeama got up to speak, Oliseh told him to sit down. Vincent went up to his room to pack his belongings, bolted out of the hotel and retired from the national team. Textbook boneheaded oops...I meant hot headed move. A captain that abandoned the ship when the waves came. He wasn't the only senior player Oliseh was having issues with, Mikel was another and we appreciate his leadership.


That is just NOT true.

Oliseh threw Vince both out of the meeting and out of the team and in the same fell swoop, nominated a new captain.
He tried to get Mikel to take the captainship and Mikel refused.

Enyeama did not abandon the team. Never did!

Chief I will apologize to Enyeama if your version is true but I doubt it. You're saying Oliseh kicked him out not just disrespected him. I'll see if I can find the thread on here...



Quote:
At dinner SO went on a rant at the players saying he was disappointed in their training efforts and if any player thinks he's too big for SE he should leave now, and also if any player thinks he has too much money he too should leave his money at home, he also implied that he knew certain individuals would not honour their invitation and he named VE and VM as the 2 players he didn't expect to honour their invitation, He then blew his own trumpet saying that he as a coach and player had won everything and achieved/ done more in football than his current set of players. VE stood up to address the coach and was immediately asked to shut up and sit down, to which VE replied "I'm not angry that you took the captain of me, but show me and the boys some respect pls" SO again told him to sit down and shut up and if he didn't like how he addressed them he should go home now. SO then called security to remove VE but before security came VE left the dinning room with his last words "I came late because I went to bury my mother, is this why you are treating me like this"
Senior officials and senior players later tried to persuade VE to stay at the camp, we've not seen him this morning. BTW during S.O's rants, he said he has a home based left back who is far better than the LB in camp and that the player would have been here in Belgium if not for visa problems obviously firing shots at Echiejile who stayed quiet as a gentleman. (He's of course referring to Akas Chima).
Nothing but the truth.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=265636&hilit=enyeama


http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/ol ... lawal.html

Thanks for digging out this thread. There were different versions of the story and I believe the truth can be found between them:

Quote:
This excerpt is from Collin Udoh's report on ESPN:

Enyeama arrived at the Nigeria camp on Tuesday, one day past Monday's deadline, after attending his mother's funeral over the weekend in his home town.

According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain's late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.


"I was surprised," Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. "So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.

"I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team."

It turned out to be the latter as the Lille goalkeeper was expelled from the camp. It took the intervention of Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick to resolve the situation and Enyeama was allowed to remain with the squad.

The goalkeeper has, however, indicated it is unclear if he will continue to represent Nigeria


http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/2651878/vincent-enyeama-considering-nigeria-future-after-oliseh-row


Quote:
Completesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report today the real story behind the clash between Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh and (former) captain Vincent Enyeama on Tuesday night.

A source within the team's camp in Belgium, who witnessed the incident, narrated the dramatic confrontation that led to the initial expulsion and recall of Enyeama.

While the story doing the rounds is that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp, Completesportsnigeria.com learnt that was not exactly how it went down.

Oliseh, according to our source, had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

But the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain. Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

But five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh's room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

"Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn't need this additional distraction " a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source's narration of events..

"The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

"Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn't needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

"He was asked to excuse the meeting and when he didn't, Oliseh asked for him to be bundled out of the team's camp, contrary to reports in the media that Enyeama was asked to shut up while trying to explain his late arrival, which wasn't even an issue.

"For goodness sake, a coach has the right to pick his captain for the team. New coaches do it all the time."

The source went further to explain that for Oliseh to drive down to Lille at the start of the Ligue 1 season to discuss the rebuilding process of the Super Eagles with Enyeama shows how much he respects the former Enyimba star.

"Oliseh wasn't given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss," the source added.

There were also hints from the team's camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.


Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/re ... A4xyOBz.99



Call it clash of egos or whatever.... two very experienced professionals are involved. Altercations are not new in camps and sometimes people even come to blows. But we count on pros to make the right decisions. What we know is, at the beginning there was mutual respect as Oliseh drove to meet Enyeama. This mutual respect did not carry on through their time on the team. At the end, many people pleaded with Enyeama but he left for good. Kudos to Mikel and Echiejile. But if you add up his similar bustup with Siasia during a team meeting, the way he ignored the NFF query, his not going to Kaduna because of Boko Haram in the North etc.....well.....

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 39954
But every single report states that he was kicked out of camp.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38460
Cellular wrote:
highbury wrote:
I am so pissed at this incessant pleas for Enyeama to return to the SE. If he comes back, he will screw Nigeria over. Is Enyeama the only one that has been offended, insulted while serving Nigeria? How about those retirees who served Nigeria for 30, 40yrs? Are they not offended when they aren't paid their pensions? I don't hear this people trying to get even. Isn't Enyeama called" the pastor?" Nothing in his behavior suggest Christ like. Please let's move on from Enyeama. I am grateful and thank him for his service. Our coaches and politicians should not beg him. The great President Kennedy said" ask not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country."


The goal is to qualify first and foremost.

Vince is argueably our best player.

And without a doubt our best goalie.

There's no one currently better. Can you list anyone who is currently better?

He did not leave due to lack of performance or failing/falling performance.

He left because of his beef with an egomaniacal coach.

Maybe you are one of those Naijarians that cut your nose to spit on your face?

We cannot afford to play people who we know are not up to snuff just to massage our bloated pride...

You have missed back-to-back ANCs... you are about to play your nemesis.... and you are letting some misplaced ego to get in your way?

Think about it, bro.


Uncle, what's the point of all these your long hypothesis ...abi na photosynthesis sef? Is anyone keeping our "best player" (and i don't know how you came to this conclussion) from the team? Is he not the one who has refused to return to the team? Personally i think the value he adds to the team does not worth people begging him to come back especially when he has clearly indicated that he doesn't want to return. I maintain that we are focussing on the wrong problem. It's not poor goalkeeping that made us lose to South Africa and made us struggle in the last two friendlies we played. We need to fix our midfield and attack or even Vincent cannot help us. Vincent will make us a stronger team if he returns to the team, but we must move on if he doesn't want to come back.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 1835
Location: Canada
highbury wrote:
I am so pissed at this incessant pleas for Enyeama to return to the SE. If he comes back, he will screw Nigeria over. Is Enyeama the only one that has been offended, insulted while serving Nigeria? How about those retirees who served Nigeria for 30, 40yrs? Are they not offended when they aren't paid their pensions? I don't hear this people trying to get even. Isn't Enyeama called" the pastor?" Nothing in his behavior suggest Christ like. Please let's move on from Enyeama. I am grateful and thank him for his service. Our coaches and politicians should not beg him. The great President Kennedy said" ask not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country."


Enyeama is my guy but I am with you on this.
Recall that Okocha lost over a billion naira to an old MMM scheme called Societe General Bank. The government couldn`t help to get his money back and he still showed up for many games afterwards.
NFF has problem so is NFF.

_________________
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 1835
Location: Canada
felarey wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyeama is no hot head. He has served his country well. Why should he respond to that thief Saraki. He is a private citizen, he can do whatever he wants.

Interview Vincent 15 yrs from now, he will tell you he regrets bolting out of the national team as he could have achieved more. Don't ask him now, wait 15 yrs. I believe Muyiwa Lawal gave us a vivid account of what happened. Enyeama got up to speak, Oliseh told him to sit down. Vincent went up to his room to pack his belongings, bolted out of the hotel and retired from the national team. Textbook boneheaded oops...I meant hot headed move. A captain that abandoned the ship when the waves came. He wasn't the only senior player Oliseh was having issues with, Mikel was another and we appreciate his leadership.


That is just NOT true.

Oliseh threw Vince both out of the meeting and out of the team and in the same fell swoop, nominated a new captain.
He tried to get Mikel to take the captainship and Mikel refused.

Enyeama did not abandon the team. Never did!

Chief I will apologize to Enyeama if your version is true but I doubt it. You're saying Oliseh kicked him out not just disrespected him. I'll see if I can find the thread on here...



Quote:
At dinner SO went on a rant at the players saying he was disappointed in their training efforts and if any player thinks he's too big for SE he should leave now, and also if any player thinks he has too much money he too should leave his money at home, he also implied that he knew certain individuals would not honour their invitation and he named VE and VM as the 2 players he didn't expect to honour their invitation, He then blew his own trumpet saying that he as a coach and player had won everything and achieved/ done more in football than his current set of players. VE stood up to address the coach and was immediately asked to shut up and sit down, to which VE replied "I'm not angry that you took the captain of me, but show me and the boys some respect pls" SO again told him to sit down and shut up and if he didn't like how he addressed them he should go home now. SO then called security to remove VE but before security came VE left the dinning room with his last words "I came late because I went to bury my mother, is this why you are treating me like this"
Senior officials and senior players later tried to persuade VE to stay at the camp, we've not seen him this morning. BTW during S.O's rants, he said he has a home based left back who is far better than the LB in camp and that the player would have been here in Belgium if not for visa problems obviously firing shots at Echiejile who stayed quiet as a gentleman. (He's of course referring to Akas Chima).
Nothing but the truth.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=265636&hilit=enyeama


http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/ol ... lawal.html

Thanks for digging out this thread. There were different versions of the story and I believe the truth can be found between them:

Quote:
This excerpt is from Collin Udoh's report on ESPN:

Enyeama arrived at the Nigeria camp on Tuesday, one day past Monday's deadline, after attending his mother's funeral over the weekend in his home town.

According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain's late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.


"I was surprised," Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. "So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.

"I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team."

It turned out to be the latter as the Lille goalkeeper was expelled from the camp. It took the intervention of Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick to resolve the situation and Enyeama was allowed to remain with the squad.

The goalkeeper has, however, indicated it is unclear if he will continue to represent Nigeria


http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/2651878/vincent-enyeama-considering-nigeria-future-after-oliseh-row


Quote:
Completesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report today the real story behind the clash between Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh and (former) captain Vincent Enyeama on Tuesday night.

A source within the team's camp in Belgium, who witnessed the incident, narrated the dramatic confrontation that led to the initial expulsion and recall of Enyeama.

While the story doing the rounds is that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp, Completesportsnigeria.com learnt that was not exactly how it went down.

Oliseh, according to our source, had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

But the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain. Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

But five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh's room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

"Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn't need this additional distraction " a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source's narration of events..

"The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

"Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn't needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

"He was asked to excuse the meeting and when he didn't, Oliseh asked for him to be bundled out of the team's camp, contrary to reports in the media that Enyeama was asked to shut up while trying to explain his late arrival, which wasn't even an issue.

"For goodness sake, a coach has the right to pick his captain for the team. New coaches do it all the time."

The source went further to explain that for Oliseh to drive down to Lille at the start of the Ligue 1 season to discuss the rebuilding process of the Super Eagles with Enyeama shows how much he respects the former Enyimba star.

"Oliseh wasn't given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss," the source added.

There were also hints from the team's camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.


Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/re ... A4xyOBz.99



Call it clash of egos or whatever.... two very experienced professionals are involved. Altercations are not new in camps and sometimes people even come to blows. But we count on pros to make the right decisions. What we know is, at the beginning there was mutual respect as Oliseh drove to meet Enyeama. This mutual respect did not carry on through their time on the team. At the end, many people pleaded with Enyeama but he left for good. Kudos to Mikel and Echiejile. But if you add up his similar bustup with Siasia during a team meeting, the way he ignored the NFF query, his not going to Kaduna because of Boko Haram in the North etc.....well.....



The truth is can Enyeama try this with his Coach at his club?...Definitely NO

_________________
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 51510
^^

The coach won't put him in the same position at his club.

Never heard of Lille refusing to make proper flight arrangements or pay players on time. Never heard of Lille coach disrespecting his players in public in front of other players.

I fear that Nigeria will never learn. I hope we do. Nigeria keep making the same mistakes expecting different results.

Restructure Nigeria to make it work better, they say no. Give us a new constitution to make it work better, they say no. Give us a professional NFF, they say no.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group