Arsenal 4 VS 3 Leicester City (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 4 VS 3 Leicester City (FT)

Post by platinum »

Thunder wrote:I'm genuinely exhausted after that, and all I've done is sit on my arse for 90 mins. :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That game had it all. If this will be Arsenal's trend this season, it might be time to see a doctor for some prescriptions.

Arsenal will be something this year though IF they work on that defense (*fit players will help in the back 3 but the midfield cannot be so lackadaisical and careless)
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Would Arsenal have won this game with Sanchez on the field? I doubt it.

The Arsenal attack flows better without his ball hogging habits IMO.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You dey find trobu. You go see wetin you dey find soon.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Xhaki Alonso, splendid assist for Frankie Rampards finisher. Top, top quality.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

PLAYER RATINGS

1. CECH: 5.0: at fault for the first and second goals for failing to command his area. At this rate this might be his last season if this continues.

2. BELLERIN: 6.0: Needs to step up his game. Form has dipped dramatically.

3. MONREAL: 6.5: Was beaten for the third goal but gets a pass as he is a fill in central defender. Made some timely clearances and barely put a foot wrong.

4. KOLASINAC: 9.0: Arsenal committed Grand Larceny by getting this man in for free. What a player.....Outright Man of the Match.

5. OX: 7.0: Never stopped running and didn't stop making himself available up and down the flanks.

6. EL NENY: 6.5: Did a yeomans job covering for a totally inept partner. Wrongly substituted by a coach playing favorites.

7. XHACRAP: 3.0: Absolutely hopeless player. Can't defend, can't pass under pressure, can't dribble, can't even outjump a midget .... Shocking waste of space.

8. OZIL: 4.0: Ahhhhh never mind .... you all watched the shyt show .... good luck with the contract negotiations. Tell me Iwobi shouldn't be depresssed watching this lout.

9. LACAZETTE: 7.0: Great opening day goal and constant movement. If we could ever pair him with Alexis Sanchez then .....

10. WELBECK: 6.0: Huffed and Puffed and nearly missed his lone goal. Can't fault his effort and endeavor but his quality in front of goal is way too sorely lacking ...easily should have had a hat trick today.

11. HOLDING: 5.0: Really in-convincing performance but I must say he was really warming into the game before being surprisingly subbed.

Subs:

RAMSEY: 6.0: Great finish but still an air head with his decision making

GIROUD: 7.5: what a goal by the Big Boy. Despite his shirt being grabbed and Morgan smashing him from behind he still managed an incredible game winner,... not my favorite but like I have said, if he is on the field then he needs to be used properly with a constant dose of crosses into the box.

WALCOTT: :roll: :roll: :twisted: Useless
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

platinum wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Would Arsenal have won this game with Sanchez on the field? I doubt it.

The Arsenal attack flows better without his ball hogging habits IMO.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You dey find trobu. You go see wetin you dey find soon.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mek dem bring am. Underground bunker, e dey. Newkila missiles, dem boku. Mek I hia pim and na WW4 be dat. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:I'm genuinely exhausted after that, and all I've done is sit on my arse for 90 mins. :lol:

Me sef feel like say I follow play game ...Cheiii this season go long obhh :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Coach wrote:Uhuru Wengatta For Life.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We must spend most of our prep time for game 2 on defense - team defense.
Xhaka later did okay but passing to your teammate is huge.
On setpieces, eventhough we play zonal - there's gotta be a designated player or 2 attacking the incoming ball - tough matches coming &
goals against column must get stable fast.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tolahs wrote:We must spend most of our prep time for game 2 on defense - team defense.
On setpieces, eventhough we play zonal - there's gotta be a designated player or 2 attacking the incoming ball - tough matches coming &

Every single issue Arsenal had today was mental. Every single one. You can do all the work in training but if the team doesn't have its mind locked in the right place and approach the game with the right attitude, it's all for nought. The silly errors by Ozil and Xhaka? The mistakes by Welbeck? The blind dribbles and runs from the wingbacks? The absentminded ness of the two CMs? All mental errors.

If they get the mental side down, they'll be golden. Considering Alexis and the CBs are coming back.
Last edited by platinum on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:We must spend most of our prep time for game 2 on defense - team defense.
The other main thing is players shunning responsibilities when defending. Ozil has got this habit of pointing at unmarked players and then just letting them pass him just like that. Xhaka did the same too. When somebody is unmarked go and mark him and not just stand there pointing fingers.

Ozil could have blocked that cross for the first goal but he did nothing. I have seen far much more gifted players doing far much better in those situations than he is usually doing.No body is too talented to do the dirty work.
Last edited by bk-one on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Mentally exhausting, but good win. We need to tighten up defensively, but it was never going to sail easy when you play 2 natural leftbacks as CBs for the first time together, adding a young player that's still finding his way in the league. Kudos to the boys for clawing their way back.

Xhaka is a very good ball player, and showed his fight today. Credit to Kola, Nacho, Ramsey, Danny, OX.

For me, I'm very impressed with Lacazette. This dude is very very smart on the ball, and that's what I totally love. He's always positive as well.

Like Balo or someone else said here, his combo with Alexis, Ozil, or even Iwobi is going to be fun to watch.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

When I laugh at those who want to pay a kings ransom for MAHREZ una go think say nah yab .... the guy is Ozil light for starters and also clearly doesn't want to be at Leicester ... I'm just not sure why the team keeps holding on to him

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bk-one wrote:
The other main thing is players shunning responsibilities when defending. Ozil has got this habit of pointing at unmarked players and then just letting them pass him just like that. Xhaka did the same too. When somebody is unmarked go and mark him and not just stand there pointing fingers.
If Vieira was on this team, he'd have knocked Ozil out a couple of times. If you want to NOT defend, you'd better be Cristiano or Messi.

Defending is a collective thing, the TEAM has to defend as a UNIT. You cannot sit back and let runners expose you like Arsenal did today. You cannot play lax passes.

Arsenal came out like they expected Leicester to lay down and pay obeisance. That's how teams get mugged in the EPL. They got lucky today (well, they changed their attitude). If they don't face each game like the opponent deserves respect, we will see more of the club getting beat by anderlecht and swansea and teams with way worse talent. If they lock the mental side up and approach the games hungry and with a desire to SWALLOW the opponent, they'll be hard to beat.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cally wrote:Mentally exhausting, but good win. We need to tighten up defensively, but it was never going to sail easy when you play 2 natural leftbacks as CBs for the first time together, adding a young player that's still finding his way in the league. Kudos to the boys for clawing their way back.

Xhaka is a very good ball player, and showed his fight today. Credit to Kola, Nacho, Ramsey, Danny, OX.

For me, I'm very impressed with Lacazette. This dude is very very smart on the ball, and that's what I totally love. He's always positive as well.

Like Balo or someone else said here, his combo with Alexis, Ozil, or even Iwobi is going to be fun to watch.
KPOM!!!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Dammy wrote:Ndidi had a howler, very poor game from him.
I agree. I was going to comment during the game that I was observing him to be out of position way to often, chasing his man sometimes in a circle.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

platinum wrote:
bk-one wrote:
If Vieira was on this team, he'd have knocked Ozil out a couple of times. If you want to NOT defend, you'd better be Cristiano or Messi.

Defending is a collective thing, the TEAM has to defend as a UNIT. You cannot sit back and let runners expose you like Arsenal did today. You cannot play lax passes.

Arsenal came out like they expected Leicester to lay down and pay obeisance. That's how teams get mugged in the EPL. They got lucky today (well, they changed their attitude). If they don't face each game like the opponent deserves respect, we will see more of the club getting beat by anderlecht and swansea and teams with way worse talent. If they lock the mental side up and approach the games hungry and with a desire to SWALLOW the opponent, they'll be hard to beat.
I heard waffi last time complaining of Sanchez(honestly I dont care whether he throws tantrums or not as long as his work ethic is top notch am okay with em) attitude but what about Ozil's? What example is that setting to the likes of Iwobi. He is one of our key players and its about time that he starts acting like one.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Good win today,my people let's not blame any player biko.Wenger set the team wrongly and let's thank God we got the 3 points.
I was more worried if we open yash and give away 3 points.I see why guys like Alexis want out,we have so many poor players that will not start for a team like Leicester playing for us with high salary.
Wenger should think we'll before taking this team to Stoke city then host Liverpool.
Arsenal for life
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

There's a reason up until now that Shakespeare has been an assistant.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

John Cross gave Mahrez a 7 rating, the highest rating for any player on the field :rotf: :rotf: this reminds me of looking at a game through the lens of a besotted Ozil or Xhacrap fan :rotf:

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bk-one wrote:
platinum wrote:
bk-one wrote:

I heard waffi last time complaining of Sanchez(honestly I dont care whether he throws tantrums or not as long as his work ethic is top notch am okay with em) attitude but what about Ozil's? What example is that setting to the likes of Iwobi. He is one of our key players and its about time that he starts acting like one.
Ozil is 28, for sure this trait isn't going anywhere. Right from the day he was bought, anyone could/should have known this. Mourinho is the one coach who gets EVERYONE to defend or sit on bench and even he barely got Ozil to do that.
If you play him, and build around him, then you have to have the pieces to flourish i.e. Cos, runners etc. Same story i've been saying since day 1. The runners are there, the guys behind him are there, they just need to focus.

The plus he does bring is he is a team first guy and has always been. You take your lumps with the gold he brings.

On Alexis, I understand and have sided with Waffi's take on him in some aspects. While i don't agree that he is a bad influence, I do think he is more about the self which is Waffi's point. In both his play style and general attitude. Again, with him, you take your lumps, none of this is news, he has always been like this.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:There's a reason up until now that Shakespeare has been an assistant.
Bad substitutions. They made no sense
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
txj wrote:There's a reason up until now that Shakespeare has been an assistant.
Bad substitutions. They made no sense
Its either Kelechi did not understand his instructions or he was not given a clear brief... :oops:

Tactically, Arsenal were in shambles at 3-2...u couldn't hardly tell the wing back from the left back or left CD!!! :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:When I laugh at those who want to pay a kings ransom for MAHREZ una go think say nah yab .... the guy is Ozil light for starters and also clearly doesn't want to be at Leicester ... I'm just not sure why the team keeps holding on to him
He needed to leave that like N'Golo Kanté last season - they signed him to a new contract after making him feel guilty about wanting
to leave w/o his agent insisting on a buyout clause - the result is he's now stuck.
Put him in a better team with quality players & he'll be special. He has taken over matches scoring & assisting in a way Ozil couldn't
in a video game - hope he gets a move to a top club.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.