Brugge & Torino also play today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Brugge & Torino also play today

Post by vancity eagle »

I will watch the Arsenal Leceister match later on my PVR.

I want to watch Brugge and Torino today to see 2 possible key players in

Joel Obi and Dennis Bonaventure

Android box is awsome !!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Brugge & Torino also play today

Post by vancity eagle »

Bonaventure has scored again.

Pretty much a tap in but he showed good awareness and positioning.

4 goals in 3 games and is Belgiums top scorer so far.

By the way Rohr's policy of not calling up newcommers for Cameroon is asinine.

I agree that no wholesale changes should be made.

but when uncapped players are tearing up leagues and regular players continue to stink up the joint, I dont see how continuity in that case benefits our cause.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Im watching it too. He's good but not as good as onyekuru.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Joel Obi playing for Torino in a cup game.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Joel Obi with another goal. The boy should be recalled for the WCQs against Cameroon.
I am happy
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Dammy wrote:Joel Obi with another goal. The boy should be recalled for the WCQs against Cameroon.
I agree. We need to pray he stays healthy, it's been his biggest enemy i.e. fitness
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Let's pray that Joel Obi remains fit. He is only 25 and injury has taken away so much for him especially with the SE. I remember Stephen Keshi saying that he wanted to build his SE team around Joel but injury prevented that from happening. He is now fit and playing in his best position of CM and the SE would benefit from it.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:Let's pray that Joel Obi remains fit. He is only 25 and injury has taken away so much for him especially with the SE. I remember Stephen Keshi saying that he wanted to build his SE team around Joel but injury prevented that from happening. He is now fit and playing in his best position of CM and the SE would benefit from it.

When did Stephen Keshi say such a thing ?

He declined to take a FIT Joel Obi to the worldcup instead of an injured Reuben Gabriel.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:Let's pray that Joel Obi remains fit. He is only 25 and injury has taken away so much for him especially with the SE. I remember Stephen Keshi saying that he wanted to build his SE team around Joel but injury prevented that from happening. He is now fit and playing in his best position of CM and the SE would benefit from it.
Is Rohr aware of this...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:

He declined to take a FIT Joel Obi to the worldcup instead of an injured Reuben Gabriel.

When I first took over (as Nigeria coach), Joel Obi was one of the players I wanted to build the team around.
https://www.supersport.com/football/sup ... y_Joel_Obi

Real recognize real.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:

He was NOT fit - played 95 minutes in 2012/13 and 8 games (2 starts) in 2013/14
It was most definitely a surprise (even here on CE) that he even made the pre-WC camp.

Btw, Joel was a starter in Keshi's first 2 games as SE coach before a run of recurring injuries...
And yes, it is on record that Keshi thought very highly of Joel and would likely had him as a squad regular.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:He was NOT fit - played 95 minutes in 2012/13 and 8 games (2 starts) in 2013/14
It was most definitely a surprise (even here on CE) that he even made the pre-WC camp.
Still looked better than Reuben did in the Scotland game..
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

He was NOT fit - played 95 minutes in 2012/13 and 8 games (2 starts) in 2013/14

Btw, Joel was a starter in Keshi's first 2 games as SE coach before a run of recurring injuries...
And yes, it is on record that Keshi thought very highly of Joel and would likely had him as a squad regular.
http://thenationonlineng.net/keshi-i-need-joel-obi/
https://www.supersport.com/football/sup ... y_Joel_Obi
http://www.futaa.com/article/33710/kesh ... eria-clash
http://africanfootball.com/news/258492/ ... shi-praise
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I took the liberty of posting the full match - that way, yall can see his on and off the ball movements also.
Don't believe he is ready for the SE yet, but that's my opinion
Gotti wrote:[/video]
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:He was NOT fit - played 95 minutes in 2012/13 and 8 games (2 starts) in 2013/14
Kpom.

Also I would like to know how many games Reuben played that season that he went to Brazil.

Clearly Keshi didn't think too highly of Joel Obi, or didn't think he would benefit financially if he left him behind for junk like Reuben.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Kpom.

Also I would like to know how many games Reuben played that season that he went to Brazil.

Clearly Keshi didn't think too highly of Joel Obi, or didn't think he would benefit financially if he left him behind for junk like Reuben.
Like my old School Principal used to say, your skull is "impervious to knowledge".
First, you doubt Keshi planned on building a team around Joel and you are immediately given a direct quote plus references to prove it.
As if that is not enough to make you STFU, you now change tac and start blathering about Keshi not taking a "fit" J.O. to the WC.
We all KNOW the guy was NOT fit at the time but there must be some enzyme missing in your brain stopping you from assimilating new information and keeping it fixated on old faulty data.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Kpom.

Like my old School Principal used to say, your skull is "impervious to knowledge".
First, you doubt Keshi planned on building a team around Joel and you are immediately given a direct quote plus references to prove it.
As if that is not enough to make you STFU, you now change tac and start blathering about Keshi not taking a "fit" J.O. to the WC.
We all KNOW the guy was NOT fit at the time but there must be some enzyme missing in your brain stopping you from assimilating new information and keeping it fixated on old faulty data.
These emotional (little sister syndrome) Nigerians just want to be right and would even argue with Einstein when he's proven them wrong with an unmovable formula.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Kpom.

Was Gabriel Reuben fit?

So apparently an unfit Reuben was better than an unfit Obi who Keshi wanted to "build SE around"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Kpom.

Was Gabriel Reuben fit?

So apparently an unfit Reuben was better than an unfit Obi who Keshi wanted to "build SE around"
Maybe he showed loyalty to Reuben who had been with Keshi's team since he took over and was a core member of his team when Obi was unavailable in those early days when he was looking to build his team around Obi. But its silly advocating for one unfit player over another, if a player is unfit and they are dropped its understandable.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!