KAYODE TO MAN CITY. CONFIRMED!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: KAYODE TO MAN CITY. CONFIRMED!!

Post by Waffiman »

chief nfachairman wrote:I think this is a very good move. On one hand, he plays regularly in the best league in the world and on the other hand, if by mid-season or end of season, he is banging in goals, we would watch him week in, week out on TV playing for one of the best teams currently in EPL.

Same with Onyekuru!
The issues many here ignore is money and work permit. City offered the most money but does he meet the requirements for a work permit yet? Like Onyekuru, I do not think he does. Hence the deal and the loan.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Waffiman wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:I think this is a very good move. On one hand, he plays regularly in the best league in the world and on the other hand, if by mid-season or end of season, he is banging in goals, we would watch him week in, week out on TV playing for one of the best teams currently in EPL.

Same with Onyekuru!
The issues many here ignore is money and work permit. City offered the most money but does he meet the requirements for a work permit yet? Like Onyekuru, I do not think he does. Hence the deal and the loan.
KPOM!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40917017
Manchester City are set to sign Nigeria international Olarenwaju Kayode from Austria Vienna on a four-year deal and send him on a season-long loan to Spanish side Girona.

The 24-year-old striker finished as the top scorer in Austria's top flight last season with 17 goals in 33 games.

Kayode had been linked with a move to Newcastle United.

Four other City players are to spend the 2017-18 season at newly-promoted La Liga side Girona.

Brazilian £10.7million midfielder Douglas Luiz, right-back Pablo Maffeo, midfielder Aleix Garcia and Colombian winger Marlos Moreno have all signed loan deals with the Spanish club.

City are yet to officially announce the deal for Kayode.

He scored 24 goals in 48 matches for Vienna last season, including two goals in two games against Roma in the Europa League.

Kayode, who has also played for ASEC Mimosas in the Ivory Coast, FC Luzern in Switzerland Maccabi Netanya in Isreal. He represented Nigeria at the 2009 and 2011 Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups respectively.

He made his debut for Nigeria in a friendly against Senegal in March and has three caps for the three-time African Champions.
OK o
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Waffiman wrote:

Same with Onyekuru!

The young man has come a long way. Proved himself in every league he played even though Taiwo Ogunjobi tried to mess up his career.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

toyin133 wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40917017
Manchester City are set to sign Nigeria international Olarenwaju Kayode from Austria Vienna on a four-year deal and send him on a season-long loan to Spanish side Girona.

The 24-year-old striker finished as the top scorer in Austria's top flight last season with 17 goals in 33 games.

Kayode had been linked with a move to Newcastle United.

Four other City players are to spend the 2017-18 season at newly-promoted La Liga side Girona.

Brazilian £10.7million midfielder Douglas Luiz, right-back Pablo Maffeo, midfielder Aleix Garcia and Colombian winger Marlos Moreno have all signed loan deals with the Spanish club.

City are yet to officially announce the deal for Kayode.

He scored 24 goals in 48 matches for Vienna last season, including two goals in two games against Roma in the Europa League.

Kayode, who has also played for ASEC Mimosas in the Ivory Coast, FC Luzern in Switzerland Maccabi Netanya in Isreal. He represented Nigeria at the 2009 and 2011 Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups respectively.

He made his debut for Nigeria in a friendly against Senegal in March and has three caps for the three-time African Champions.
OK o
Just praying that it goes through! Would be great for him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

with pep as coach :lol: :lol: :lol: yall having a laugh.. this isn't pep's signing..pep do not sign such and send them on loan
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Stupid decision ...now they loaned him out ...
what should he have done?

Easy...he should have joined Chelsea, Bavaria, Man U, Barca, Real, etc, and demanded a starting slot and guaranteed minutes. Or simple play for FC Abuja...

Don't you know that on the CE, players use mouth to join teams and guarantee playing time?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

Easy...he should have joined Chelsea, Bavaria, Man U, Barca, Real, etc, and demanded a starting slot and guaranteed minutes. Or simple play for FC Abuja...

Don't you know that on the CE, players use mouth to join teams and guarantee playing time?
Uncle you never apologise to Kongi of Tribune News for calling him fake news
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: KAYODE TO MAN CITY ???

Post by Mr Shows »

Cellular wrote:No apologies from those quick to denigrate Owngoal?

Not surprised.

platinum wrote:BBC

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40917017
Manchester City have signed Nigeria striker Olarenwaju Kayode from Austria Vienna on a four year deal and have immediately loaned him out to Spanish side Girona.

The 24-year-old finished as the top scorer in Austria's top flight last season with 17 goals in 33 games.

Kayode, who was also reportedly linked with a move to Newcastle United, opted for City and moves to the newly promoted La Liga outfit Girona where four other City players are to spend the 2017/18 season.

The striker scored 24 goals in all 48 matches for Austria Vienna last season, including two goals in two games against AS Roma in the Europa League.

In total he produced 37 goals and created 18 assists in 85 appearances for Austria Vienna during his two-year spell at the club.

Kayode, who has also played in the Ivory Coast (ASEC Mimosas), Switzerland (FC Luzern) and Israel (Maccabi Netanya), represented Nigeria at the 2009 and 2011 Fifa U-17 and U-20 World Cups respectively.

First off, the article is stating a suggestion and not reporting a fact. Anyway we are waiting....
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Prince wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

You never apologized to Iraqis for cheering GWB and Rumsfeld on as they invaded and destroyed their country, :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kong Tribune is from Molete...let him disprove it.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Prince wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

kpom

You never apologized to Iraqis for cheering GWB and Rumsfeld on as they invaded and destroyed their country, :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kong Tribune is from Molete...let him disprove it.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The picture reminds me of my Naija cousin who sent us pictures of him next to some expensive cars back in the day
It turned out he was working at a car wash
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Rawlings wrote:The picture reminds me of my Naija cousin who sent us pictures of him next to some expensive cars back in the day
It turned out he was working at a car wash
This guy, its official :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Man City are buying Girona.
It all starts to make more sense.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

probably a Good Move for him financially but I am not sure its a good move career wise.
It seems strange that a player who was top scorer in a decent league like the Austrian league would be bought and loaned out to a side that will be struggling in LA Liga this season.
Other players who have been top performers in lesser leagues have been signed by premiership clubs to start in their first team... Mane, the French player in Huddersfield, Ideye a couple of years ago at WBA etc.
I think he should have gone to Newcastle who are desperate for more attacking options. He would have a better profile playing in the EPl than for an outfit like Girona. scoring 10 goals in the EPL will grow his value more than scoring 20 La Liga.
YNWA
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

heavyd wrote:probably a Good Move for him financially but I am not sure its a good move career wise.
It seems strange that a player who was top scorer in a decent league like the Austrian league would be bought and loaned out to a side that will be struggling in LA Liga this season.
Other players who have been top performers in lesser leagues have been signed by premiership clubs to start in their first team... Mane, the French player in Huddersfield, Ideye a couple of years ago at WBA etc.
I think he should have gone to Newcastle who are desperate for more attacking options. He would have a better profile playing in the EPl than for an outfit like Girona. scoring 10 goals in the EPL will grow his value more than scoring 20 La Liga.
20 goals in La Liga, ha ba that na big returns if he gets 10 goals he would have done well.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Whatever it is still own goal, no different from Trump and fake news
Just say you got it wrong and move on :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Waffiman wrote:

Same with Onyekuru!
:agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The following Ghanaian players were bought by Man City and loaned out and never came back and never "recovered"
  • Yaw Yeboah
    Mohammed Abu (now playing in MLS)
    Thomas Agyepong (on loan from Man City to NAC)
    Divine Naah (NAC)
Same for 28 other players, loaned out by Man City
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -they.html

My point: Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye ... :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar