TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: West Ham 2 vs 3 Spurs

Post by anointed »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]anointed[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Lucky there. Ref didn't see Sanchez give Carroll a slight nudge in the back when he went to head the ball.
Only a Spurs fan can say that. That was a No Mercy and Hell in a Cell move rolled into one.
You should add Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania on top if you like it won't change a thing :taunt:.
:twisted:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It should have been 4 against the hammers had the ref called the penalty Dele so deservedly earned.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]anointed[/color] wrote: All these agbero brawlers of London derby, if you are that tough, become a dog in Scotland Yard and help snuff out life from yeye terrorists instead of wasting your talents in a show that is meant to be family friendly.

Anyway, FT. West Ham robbed.
Why e dey pain you like this abi you don become a hammer :P :mrgreen:?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:It should have been 4 against the hammers had the ref called the penalty Dele so deservedly earned.
Dele Alli was HORRIBLE today. He killed a lot of good moves today and was uselessly selfish!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:It should have been 4 against the hammers had the ref called the penalty Dele so deservedly earned.
Dele Alli was HORRIBLE today. He killed a lot of good moves today and was uselessly selfish!!
And yet he got the assists for both Kane goals
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ojoro referee saves TOTO again. How Micheal Oliver could miss that WWE wrestling move in the box against Carroll is a mystery ...Refs save Toto again
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: It should have been 4 against the hammers had the ref called the penalty Dele so deservedly earned.
I don't know what has gotten into him lately. I noticed something 2 weeks ago and felt it was a 1 off but it is beginning to appear far more frequently. Against Burnley in the first half, Kane tread a ball through to Dele, who was free in the 6 yard box and only required a tap in, ended up missing the ball completely when he attempted to back heel it instead. Since then his game has not been the same especially offensively and creatively.

He now has a week off since he is still suspended for the CL match against APOEL.

Did you see Sane goal just now against CP? That is the kind of stuff Dele should be doing.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: It should have been 4 against the hammers had the ref called the penalty Dele so deservedly earned.
He should have scored at one goal and assisted at least 2 more. One on one opportunities not taken.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Bros - if you watch the game you go understand.. Sissoko had a much better game than Dele Alli today - can you imagine that?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Bros - if you watch the game you go understand.. Sissoko had a much better game than Dele Alli today - can you imagine that?
I watched the game and I admit that he didn't have a good game but calling him horrible is an exaggeration. He did quite a few good things but he didn't seem switched on to the game mentally. He lost the ball in promising situations and very few of his flicks and tricks came off.
ps Remember he is still only 21 and the only consistent thing about young players is their lack of consistency.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I watched the game and I admit that he didn't have a good game but calling him horrible is an exaggeration. He did quite a few good things but he didn't seem switched on to the game mentally. He lost the ball in promising situations and very few of his flicks and tricks came off.
ps Remember he is still only 21 and the only consistent thing about young players is their lack of consistency.
Fair point hence why he needs to ride the bench a bit. Good thing is he is out completely on Tuesday so he will have enough rest and be ready for Huddlersfield next Saturday.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cristao II wrote:

In his last two games he has a game winning goal and an assist today ....

Argument of a typical Ozil fan" :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
Fair point hence why he needs to ride the bench a bit. Good thing is he is out completely on Tuesday so he will have enough rest and be ready for Huddlersfield next Saturday.
Last season he was slow in finding form but when he did he scored about 8 goals in five games with the double against Chocksi. He'll come good soon
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Last season he was slow in finding form but when he did he scored about 8 goals in five games with the double against Chocksi. He'll come good soon
Well, we are waiting and hopeful.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:
He won't find his form on the bench though and if he continues to provide assists without playing particularly well, why do you want him dropped?
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spending time on the bench may make him refocus on his game knowing that if the competition ends up doing well he may find it hard regaining his starting position.

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

I really have to commend the work done by MoPo on Spurs in the last two years, I pray Levy can ultimately match his ambitions by adequately supporting him to start winning trophies with the team. I looked at our away matches in the league so far this season, Newcastle, Everton and West-Ham coming back with 9/9, in our recent past it wont be out of place to have come back with 0/9; this coach is just what the doctors ordered for Spurs and I won't be judging him on CL form but I believe we should give the Premiership title our all. I have watched all the supposedly big teams Chelsea, the two Manchesters, Liverpool and Arsenal I see nothing to quake in my boots about.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] APOEL vs Spurs

Post by Its a Goal »

Back to the competition MoPo would love to win and one he said he takes far more seriously. There are at least 7 missing players today: Jan, Dele (both suspended), Eriksen (illness), Lamela, Rose, Wanyama and Dembele (all injured). This is going to be a massive shakeup of our lineup as we don't have a creative midfielder to replace Eriksen. I expect Son to try and fill that role with MoPo going for a traditional 4 at the back rather than 3. The lineup I expect is:

Kane
Nkoudou * Son
Dier * Winks * Sissoko
Davies * Sanchez * Toby * Trippier
Lloris

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We are down to bare bones. I struggled to come up with that lineup as the loss of Eriksen and Dele is massive upfront.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

7 players out

Lloris
Toby Dier Sanchez
Trippier Winks Sissoko Davies

The back 8 selects themselves. The last 3 depends on Poch. Does he play 2 forwards? What combination of Son/Nkoudou/Kane/Edwards/Llorente will be played? Or will Foyth get a start which means another formation

Lloris
Foyth Toby Sanchez
Trippier Dier Winks Sissoko Davies
Kane Son

It should be interesting.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Marcus-Edward? No chance of him playing even if he didn’t feature in the U19 today. MoPo has said he’s not ready for 1st team football.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

APOEL XI : Waterman; Vouros, Rueda, Carlao, Roberto Lago; Morais, Vinicius; Zahid, Sallai, Aloneftis; De Camargo
Danny Blanchflower