TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT 4 vs 1 LivP

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:People will say Lukaku is noy being fed ...look at Kane's play in and out of the penalty box, that is a complete striker. If Lukaku is worth 75, Kane is worth 150m

True talk ...the guy na real oni wahala striker
He can be selfish buy he more than makes up for it. His out of the box play is sumptious.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

There is a quiet revolution going on at Whitehart lane...may we all live long to see it bloom.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:There is a quiet revolution going on at Whitehart lane...may we all live long to see it bloom.
Next week is your man Jose welcoming the spurs,are we going to see open game or park bus at home from oga Jose?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I must say Spurs look like the team to catch up with City,they are just a complete team.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:There is a quiet revolution going on at Whitehart lane...may we all live long to see it bloom.
Next week is your man Jose welcoming the spurs,are we going to see open game or park bus at home from oga Jose?
He will park the bus for sure. His reason will be he has players missing and he needed to control the game. Wait oh Kane is down, Jose witch at work...

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspurs. Harry Winks is now first team material. With Dembele, Wanyama out and Dier with a knock - Winks has planted his flag. Good game boys. Was initially worried with the lineup but what a tactical masterclass by Pochettino. Having Diego present must have been a real boost!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Amen o in Jesus's Name
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

since 2002 ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

More gist on Kyle Walker

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/22/ma ... -kyle-wal/
However, Walker lost his place in the Spurs side towards the end of last season, with Pochettino giving the nod to Kieran Trippier on a number of occasions, sparking rumours that Walker wanted to leave.

Eventually, Walker did seal a big-money move to Manchester City, ending eight years with Spurs – and whilst the details of Walker's attitude surrounding the move have been kept under wraps, Pochettino has now revealed all.

As quoted by the Daily Mail, Pochettino has revealed that Walker came to his office after Tottenham's 4-0 win over Watford in April, and told Pochettino that his head and his heart weren't with Spurs anymore, and he would be demanding a summer transfer.

Pochettino - who explained his reasons for dropping Walker in favour of Trippier - blasted Walker for his timing given that Spurs were pursuing the Premier League title, and accused Walker of an 'alarming lack of respect' for his teammates, whilst also giving a slap in the face to the club. Just months later, Walker was gone.

“I knew there would be speculation over why I left Walker out of the starting XI, but we felt Trippier was the right pick,” said Pochettino. “He didn't have a great start to the season, but he got into gear when his opportunity came. His form dipped again over the Christmas period, but after that he kept upping his game, despite not being a regular starter. And sometimes, however much you put it off, you have to take the plunge and give a player a chance at another's expense. Leaving out a regular always wounds them, creating a rift between them and the coaching staff that can be very difficult to heal.”

“Walker had just played back-to-back games for the national team. Our first match after his return was against Burnley. Trippier had been doing well in training for a few months and got the nod, meaning Walker was on the bench. We played Swansea on the Wednesday and Walker started. Trippier came back into the team to face Watford on the Saturday and was man of the match. We won all three fixtures and were happy to have two regular starters competing for a place, with both players looking fresh for the final stretch of the campaign. Walker came to my office after the Watford game.”

Walker: 'Gaffer, I've been at Tottenham for nine years. I've thought about it and my heart isn't here any more. Nor is my head. I've given all I have to give. I wanted to tell you before I tell my agent that I want to leave this summer.'

Pochettino: 'Kyle, you have to stay professional. There's a month and a half to go. We're battling for the Premier League and FA Cup. We have to be focused and finish the campaign strongly.'

Walker: 'OK, gaffer. But it's already decided.'

Pochettino: 'Well, that doesn't just depend on you or me. It depends on the club, above all. You've disappointed me because you've decided to tell me that you want to leave when there is a month and bit left in the competition... You could've sucked it up, kept quiet, trained, played and helped the team when not picked... and at the end of the season you could have come and told me.'

"Miguel was present. I always try to ensure there are witnesses during private conversations. I considered it to be an alarming lack of respect for his team-mates and a slap in the face for the club. None of that could be explained to the public at the time. I had to bite my tongue. From that point, the rumours started to proliferate," he added.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Daniel Levy on Poch
We haven’t really discussed the money that is available. It’s not a secret, it will eventually be between Mauricio and me. We wouldn’t go public on it.

Mauricio is very aware that firstly we have a huge capital project [Tottenham’s new stadium] that we’re embarking upon. For two seasons we have been competing for the title, but it’s unlikely that we can improve our starting XI without spending a huge sum of money and actually I don’t think that either I or Mauricio want to be in that model.

It’s a huge responsibility. We’re a big club but it’s run as a proper club, we are self-sufficient. If we make a £60million investment in a player, that means somebody else is going to be affected in our starting XI and, if we make a mistake, it’s very costly. If you look at some stats, particularly for the 2016–17 season — the best defensive record, scored more goals than any other team, best goal difference in our history, youngest squad in the Premier League — you realise we can only aim to improve the squad overall.

I have always said to him that I want him to be a partner, that when he signed a contract for five years — which was a massive commitment for the club — it was on the basis that we were really going to commit to each other.

I want Mauricio to be the Sir Alex Ferguson of Tottenham Hotspur and he has the most fantastic opportunity to be that. I have confidence that he can do it. We’re so aligned in where we want to be.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t interest in Mauricio from other clubs because it means we are doing well. He’s never given me any indication that he’d like to leave. He loves the project and he once sent me a picture of Bill Nicholson — our most famous manager from years ago — holding the fronts of the gates of the stadium. They are very historic gates and we’re keeping them at the new stadium. I replied, ‘One day it is going to be you,’ because that really is what I aspire to.

I would love nothing more than Mauricio still to be our manager in 10 to 15 years’ time. To really build success you need time, longevity. It’s easy to go and become a manager at Real Madrid, for instance. It’s a fantastic club, don’t get me wrong, but winning at Tottenham Hotspur is far greater than winning at Real Madrid — and he agrees.

Mauricio wants this sense of achievement, this recognition, to be the main guy. And at this club, he can be the main guy.

At some other clubs, the president is the main guy but that’s not how it is here. I’m so low key, I want him to be the main guy. Him. Sometimes it’s nice to be given something when you are not expecting it, like the Bentley I gave him as a sign of appreciation.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This one made me shake my head. Some rumour it is Adebayor that did the below!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4wGFH1vOP
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino explains the resistance he and assistant Jesus Perez encountered from some players when they took over in 2014... In our first season, my team and I weren't able to convince everyone [of] the way forward. Certain big names had got too comfortable — for example, one player who had been at the club for many years no longer came in for training on Mondays — but we gave them the chance to make mistakes and rethink things. It took us four months to prompt a drastic transformation. Some players came on board, others did not. Not everyone accepted the changes and there was a lot of tension. In our first season in charge, we took the step not to have the team spend the night at a hotel all together before the League Cup final against Jose Mourinho's Chelsea because we felt doing so wouldn't help them. It was best that people just came to play the game. The day after we lost that match, one of our own players sang the Jose Mourinho chant to Jesus's face. That is what we had to contend with.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

.Isn't it a bit early for a book, publishing the dirty of the dressing room is unprofessional. He hasn't won anything yet.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

You hire a manager to find solutions, not be a cheerleader!

If Klopp cannot find solutions for LFC, he should leave...Its that simple.

None of us as fans is privy to backroom goings ons. We can only take our readings from what the manager does/says.

That is why the Lovren substitution is quite telling. What did he do wrong today that he had not done two years ago?

Peeps are too comfortable at LFC....

Whatever ur football philosophy, the manager's job is to find solutions within his choice of approach. Even a half retard like Sean Dyche has found solutions for Burnley.

If Klopp cannot find his own solutions, he should leave.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:That is why the Lovren substitution is quite telling. What did he do wrong today that he had not done two years ago?
I was at the game at Wembley. The match confirmed and again exposed the failings that have been clear for while with some of these players. The Lovren substitution was indeed telling. For me it was the moment that Klopp finally had enough of these substandard players. The carrot has been taken away.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I hear over the Sky comentaries that Loveren has been suffering from back injuries,that he did bot even train coming into this match. But then i have seen an injury free Loveren, i struggle to see the difference.

Then they have a player called Klava who is even worse on the bench.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

My thoughts - Klopp needs to look in the mirror. His team's defensive setup is not good. Spurs refused to go through the dense middle and instead kept playing through the wings ditto what Zidane did to Spurs.

To blame Lovren for today is laughable. Which other Liverpool player would have made a different decision in the same position?

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:My thoughts - Klopp needs to look in the mirror. His team's defensive setup is not good. Spurs refused to go through the dense middle and instead kept playing through the wings ditto what Zidane did to Spurs.

To blame Lovren for today is laughable. Which other Liverpool player would have made a different decision in the same position?
It is not abouy today, it is about what has been the problem of the team long before today , and like txj has said...the ciach appears not to have a clue how to fix it.

That was why i slammed ManU and Jose for making Pool defence look like the German wall when it was nothing but an old fence made up of rotten woods that would go down with the slightest kick.

That defence is there for the taking...

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Expected this game to be difficult. Surprisingly quite easy. We move on to the next. The dept is frightening. I would have been worried of a midfield without Wanyama and Dembele. Yet we are winning games with different combos
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:My thoughts - Klopp needs to look in the mirror. His team's defensive setup is not good. Spurs refused to go through the dense middle and instead kept playing through the wings ditto what Zidane did to Spurs.

It is not abouy today, it is about what has been the problem of the team long before today , and like txj has said...the ciach appears not to have a clue how to fix it.

That was why i slammed ManU and Jose for making Pool defence look like the German wall when it was nothing but an old fence made up of rotten woods that would go down with the slightest kick.

That defence is there for the taking...
Klopp has spent only £12 million on defender but wasted £40 million the Ox. Spending £75 million on Naby Keita a player that will only be available next year is confusing.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Chief Oga Tx, nno! Not long ago debate centred around the gegenmess of a defence. Is yours still the countering argument? Most away goals conceded in a league featuring Brighton Hove Albion. Nno! Pathetic. One trick pony. Pure pony. Better than Brendan? You're having a laugh!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Cris, when a Premier league outfit lines up with Moreno, Lovren, Matip and Smoking Joe Gomez at the back, they deserve every inch in the narrowest orifice! Add to that, the joke of a midfield ahead, Emre Can't, Jordan Not Gerrard and Jim 6 out of 10 Milne, and t'is a recipe for recieving. Klopp has one track album, rewind and repeat. Gegenpress, as heavy metal as a fractured lollipop stick. In due time, they'll gegenpush over board. @Tx, nno!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

You have to give it to MoPo for the audacity to change his midfield combo almost every season since he took over. Here is a how our first choice midfield combo has been over the last 3 years:

2015 / 2016: Ryan Mason and Nebal Bentaleb
2016 / 2017: Victor Wanyama and Mousa Dembele
2017 / 2018: Harry Winks and Eric Dier/Sissoko

That is balls. To have the guts to play Harry Winks alone in that middle today without the support of Dier or Sissoko shows how much faith he puts into the youth players. No way in a million years would I have guessed he would do that, especially against Pool who are strong offensively, and to thrust a relatively young player yet to have 1 year of professional football under his belt.

Next to have his chance is Kyle Walker-Peters. He has stiff competition in the form of Aurier and Trippier but he has to trust his manager. Trippier kept his head and continued grinding in training until his number was called. There is a likelihood he would be given a chance to start on Wednesday against West Ham alongside Rose. My hope is he will be another player to give MoPo a selection headache.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Spurs fans your team is set,i will like to see you guys go to Manu and beat them.