TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: [PL] ARSE vs TOT

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

i see...
-Simpli fy -
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
spastic wrote:Has anyone seen Arsene Wenger?

I'm sure his greatness will surely complain about the fantasy foul that led to the offside goal that was allowed.

Can't wait to hear from Arsene :oops:

dont disrespect your future coach
Tufiakwa! I know we raid Arsenal a lot like pirates, but we stick to players only :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

remember when IAG told us that they willingly left the carabao cup because they want to concentrate on the EPL? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Where is omo Cristao?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:remember when IAG told us that they willingly left the carabao cup because they want to concentrate on the EPL? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Their new target is CL....after all, they handled Real Madrid. EPL is too small for them. Teams like Arsenal, Pool, City, Man U, Chelsea no be dem mates :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I'm sure his greatness will surely complain about the fantasy foul that led to the offside goal that was allowed.

This from a City fan. Hypocritical tosh! Santimonious drivel.

In the pub drinking, I saw the Ref give City the game at Leicester by not sending off Kompany.

Last 2 games at their ground, we have been robbed by Refs cheating in their favour. Please look in the mirror before you dare mention Arsenal.

We are 'The Arsenal'. Refs should not toy with us. Wenger is 100% right to call out the Refs, and if choses not to mention today's offside goal, he is also right. It cannot begin to make up for how they have costs us already this season.

Oh! If you don't like it, you can shove it where the sun don't shine.

City got away with it again!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

In the pub drinking, I saw the Ref give City the game at Leicester by not sending off Kompany.

Last 2 games at their ground, we have been robbed by Refs cheating in their favour. Please look in the mirror before you dare mention Arsenal.

We are 'The Arsenal'. Refs should not toy with us. Wenger is 100% right to call out the Refs, and if choses not to mention today's offside goal, he is also right. It cannot begin to make up for how they have costs us already this season.

The point here is that you guys are cry babies. All up in arms when it doesn't go your way, but the minute it does suddenly your manager needs glasses.

Here are the facts, City didn't get an advantage against you. One bad call against you and one bad call for you. You lost and should have lost regardless of the call.

Your silly manager was quick to remind the world he didn't get the rub of the green last season either. But he forgot his cup semifinal goal was offside.

The idiocy of thinking you get the short end and others the long end of the calls, is just that - partisan idiocy. Every club thinks they never get the unfair call, bit this is simply because Every time you do, you pretend its payback for the poor calls you got before and then quickly forget about it while you lament and repeat the bad calls time and time again.

Like I said, no penalty call on Your LB for pushing Sterling in the box, yet you whine about an offside call as if one did not negate the other. Silly.

Now you got a phantom free kick that leads to an offside goal. But I don't hear anyone wanting to give the points back of your FA cup back for that matter. Seeing as it was off a fake goal.

City has gotten both sides of the rub. Uncalled penalties are weekly occurencies. Phantom red cards against Dihno and Walker for shouldering a guy.

And thwn we've gotten the lucky end too. Offside goals, about 4 of them this season, yellow cards not given to Yaya or a borderline red not given to Kompany.

And for TXJ, please Mane got a deserved red. We did not get any advantage against your team. You simply lost. Unfortunate you were down to 10, but correctly so. If you have issues, talk to your defense not the ref.

Good or bad calls City just gets on with it.

Arsenal whines and lies when they get an advantageous call.. That's the difference btw us. :idea:
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Haters going to hate. Same guy who doesn't think a face stamp is a red card now think a a non last man tackle is.

Consistency is not your strong point
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

That would not have been in accordance to the rules if he got sent off. He wasn't the last man. I think the ref got that right.

For the Arsenal free-kick, at first it seemed a foul but on replay it wasn't a foul and Mustaffi was off for the goal. The second goal is legit. The non calls on Kane and Lloriente were the right calls.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Cito wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

That would not have been in accordance to the rules if he got sent off. He wasn't the last man. I think the ref got that right.

For the Arsenal free-kick, at first it seemed a foul but on replay it wasn't a foul and Mustaffi was off for the goal. The second goal is legit. The non calls on Kane and Lloriente were the right calls.
Well here is a refreshing opinion 8-)
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

spastic wrote:
Cito wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Well here is a refreshing opinion 8-)
It doesn't cost a thing to take off the fan clouded goggles and see things in a factual manner. Can you do that? :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

6 minutes into the game, Ozil robs Verthongen of the ball his penalty box, Ref gives a foul. If that was a foul, then the Sanchez one, where the defender initially puts his hand across trying to grab him is certainly a foul.

I saw MOTD here in England. It was clear Vardy was never going to be caught and he was the last man. I don't know what you saw, it is not what everybody saw. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

spastic wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

The point here is that you guys are cry babies. All up in arms when it doesn't go your way, but the minute it does suddenly your manager needs glasses.

Here are the facts, City didn't get an advantage against you. One bad call against you and one bad call for you. You lost and should have lost regardless of the call.

Your silly manager was quick to remind the world he didn't get the rub of the green last season either. But he forgot his cup semifinal goal was offside.

The idiocy of thinking you get the short end and others the long end of the calls, is just that - partisan idiocy. Every club thinks they never get the unfair call, bit this is simply because Every time you do, you pretend its payback for the poor calls you got before and then quickly forget about it while you lament and repeat the bad calls time and time again.

Like I said, no penalty call on Your LB for pushing Sterling in the box, yet you whine about an offside call as if one did not negate the other. Silly.

Now you got a phantom free kick that leads to an offside goal. But I don't hear anyone wanting to give the points back of your FA cup back for that matter. Seeing as it was off a fake goal.

City has gotten both sides of the rub. Uncalled penalties are weekly occurencies. Phantom red cards against Dihno and Walker for shouldering a guy.

And thwn we've gotten the lucky end too. Offside goals, about 4 of them this season, yellow cards not given to Yaya or a borderline red not given to Kompany.

And for TXJ, please Mane got a deserved red. We did not get any advantage against your team. You simply lost. Unfortunate you were down to 10, but correctly so. If you have issues, talk to your defense not the ref.

Arsenal whines and lies when they get an advantageous call.. That's the difference btw us. :idea:
The irony of this rant is hilarious. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]

One Arsene Wenger. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

spastic wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Its interesting that since that incident, we have had multiple similar offences, ALL ruled as accidents, with some not even deemed enough to punish with a yellow card.

As for getting on with it, perhaps ur hibernation includes Pep's post-match conferences from complaints about refs, pitches and even balls...

And speaking about that, u sure have some balls to cry foul. :blush:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

6 minutes into the game, Ozil robs Verthongen of the ball his penalty box, Ref gives a foul. If that was a foul, then the Sanchez one, where the defender initially puts his hand across trying to grab him is certainly a foul.

I saw MOTD here in England. It was clear Vardy was never going to be caught and he was the last man. I don't know what you saw, it is not what everybody saw. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffi, Stone was closer to the goal than Vardy. The law never asked the ref to consider wether the forward was a known fleet footed one relative to the defender. It only considers their respective positions.
ManCity got a lot of home cooking Reffing against Arsenal but in this case the ref was right.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Txt, please name the multiple instances where a player knocked another player out of he game with his raised foot. Your inability to understand context is only rivaled by that of the silly talking heads on English halftime Shows.

Mind boggling.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Waffi, Stone was closer to the goal than Vardy. The law never asked the ref to consider wether the forward was a known fleet footed one relative to the defender. It only considers their respective positions.
ManCity got a lot of home cooking Reffing against Arsenal but in this case the ref was right.
You are the only one saying the Ref was right. I have not seen anyone, say this. City fans like Spastic don't count. :D :D :D :D :D
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

spastic wrote:Txt, please name the multiple instances where a player knocked another player out of he game with his raised foot. Your inability to understand context is only rivaled by that of the silly talking heads on English halftime Shows.

Mind boggling.
Matt Ritchie, Darmian, Luiz on Kos...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

spastic wrote:Txt, please name the multiple instances where a player knocked another player out of he game with his raised foot. Your inability to understand context is only rivaled by that of the silly talking heads on English halftime Shows.

Mind boggling.

Its interesting that Mark Clattenburg in a show I listened said he thought it should've been a yellow...and even Pep in post-match interviews was not definite that it should've been a red...

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] Dortmund vs TOT

Post by green4life »

Spaz, if you'd been watching other games not involving City since that Mane red card, you'd have noticed multiple similar decisions that either went unpunished or only received a yellow (but no red). City has been quite fortunate with favorable calls compared to their top 6 competitors so far this season. That said, City has been the best team so far and deservedly in the lead but every little edge has helped to widen the gap (like the favorable ref decisions and injuries to key players of competitors).
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is the perfect match to restore our pride. We badly bruised on Saturday and I am sure the players and coaches felt it too.

It appears we are going back to tried and proven formation of 3-4-1-2:

Kane
Son * Eriksen
Rose * Dele * Winks * Aurier
Jan * Dier * Sanchez
Lloris

A lot of fans will be deleted to see Sissoko on the bench rather than starting but is it really a good thing? Sissoko has been instrumental in breaking up buildup. He is also good setting up a counter attack but he's lack of coordination sometimes means he lets the chance go to waste.

For this match there are 5 changes from the team that played against ARSEnal. Out goes the 2 full backs of Trippier and Davies and in comes Rose and Aurier. Not bad. Sissoko and Dembele are also on the bench and in their place are Son and Winks. We now have a lot of pace to go on the attack especially if we have to counter attack.

This is going to be an enjoyable match but the key is not to concede first as that will give Dortmund the courage to continue to press and attack to get more goals.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: remember when IAG told us that they willingly left the carabao cup because they want to concentrate on the EPL? :lol:
And CL too. Nothing has changed. Just in case you don't realize it nobody wins the EPL in November.