TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] SWA vs TOT

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: what a goal from Dele. What a lob from Kane to find him.
PaJimoh, I hope you liked this one then :P.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBTG. COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Where did the ref get 3 mins added time from
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Come on HurriKsne
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: txbenitez, see that assist from 1 season wonder? :taunt: :taunt:
He can only do it in the inferior EPL - txjoker :rotf:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: txbenitez, see that assist from 1 season wonder? :taunt: :taunt:
And in the inferior Champions league
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

A hard fought win. Gaddem, Spammers have won too.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT Spurs win
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Is Pardew going to be fired soon having not won any of his matches since appointed?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Only team not to concede today.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:The same commentators deriding players who dive are now saying Ayew should have flopped when he was dribbling his way around the Spurs' 18.

Sissoko on for Lamela.
David Prutton is an arsehole! They were insulting the ref. I wonder if they have ever reffed. No comment about the fake yellow given to Sanchez on the edge of our 18 when they were saying he should have been sent off.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Sanchez gifted Swansea a freekick outside the 18. Thank goodness it was wasted. The rain is really helping Swansea out.
That decision by the ref was mind boggling.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

x
Last edited by txj on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Spuds get away with it, yet again!!!

Obvious 2nd YC for Sanchez.

Then clear offsides goal given.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:The same commentators deriding players who dive are now saying Ayew should have flopped when he was dribbling his way around the Spurs' 18.

Sissoko on for Lamela.
David Prutton is an arsehole! They were insulting the ref. I wonder if they have ever reffed. No comment about the fake yellow given to Sanchez on the edge of our 18 when they were saying he should have been sent off.

Yeah, right. As fake as Trump's fake news...

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:Spuds get away with it, yet again!!!

Speak to the hand ✋ :sneaky:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote: Spuds get away with it, yet again!!!

Why do you bother with the joker? There is a reason why he names himself txjoker.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs WHU

Post by Its a Goal »

Last match of the holiday and it has to be against the Spammers. Why for goodness sake? West Ham has never been known to know their role in the grand scheme of things as they love been the spoilers. Last time out at Wembley they came accepting they were going to be whopped, started out playing along by conceding 2 goals but in the middle of the 2nd half they flipped the script and decided to come play. They ended up throwing a sucker punch and we got knocked out. Out of the meaningless cup.

Today there is 3 points to fight for. 3 massive points to keep our top 2 challenge back on course. We cannot afford to lose any points today as the teams we are chasing are not losing grip of their positions. It is up to us to go get the job done.

The good news is there is no fresh injuries to worry about. Kane came off the bench after his bout with the flu to set up Dele's insurance goal against Swansea 2 days ago so he should be fit to play. Wanyama had a cameo role and he showed what we have been missing in the 15 minutes he played. Toby is still in the recovery stage but is still about 2 weeks minimum away from getting involved in first team training.

Tonight I duly expect MoPo to go with the strongest lineup he can muster. All the players will be geared up for this London derby so there will be no Brave Heart battle royal cries necessary to motivate them. I won't be surprised if MoPo lines up his team this way:

• Kane
    • Son * Dele
      • Eriksen
    • Dembele * Dier

Rose * Jan * Sanchez * Aurier
      • Lloris

On the other hand MoPo may reflect and decide Sanchez needs more help so he could switch to 3 at the back and deploy them this way:

• Kane
  • Son * Dele
    • Eriksen

Rose * Dembele * Aurier
Jan * Sanchez * Dier
    • Lloris

Either way we go I expect the same result we got at the London stadium but with a wider margin than 1 nil.

COYS!

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:

Why do you bother with the joker? There is a reason why he names himself txjoker.
Was it offside goal?Like I said they will be bad calls go some teams way and good calls go some teams way.
The current standing has nothing to do with poor officiating as others try to make it seems.
Good luck to West Ham today playing one of the big boys.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

kajifu wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Was it offside goal?Like I said they will be bad calls go some teams way and good calls go some teams way.
The current standing has nothing to do with poor officiating as others try to make it seems.

Peeps always say, it balances out for every team between bad and good calls. No it doesn't! Show me one evidence it does...

Spurs have gotten away with three RCs in a matter of weeks. Now they are being given fake goals!

I expect more gifts for them against West Ham...

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs WHU

Post by Its a Goal »

Newsflash:

Rose is out injured so he will be replaced by Davies.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]kajifu[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Peeps always say, it balances out for every team between bad and good calls. No it doesn't! Show me one evidence it does...

Spurs have gotten away with three RCs in a matter of weeks. Now they are being given fake goals!

I expect more gifts for them against West Ham...
Cry me a river. In the same match Llorente beat the offside trap to get on goal but was incorrectly flagged offside. Guess who did? Same linesman who couldn't see clearly due to the heavy downpour. Talk of another bad call, against ARSEnal a few weeks ago, ref called a phantom freekick against Spurs that led to them scoring. The difference between Spurs and other teams is that we don't moan over calls as we have to accept that it is part of the game. After all it is humans doing the job of refs so one has to accept that to err is human. There is no league or even tournament in the world where there won't be a ref mistake.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

toyin133 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
And in the inferior Champions league
He is a top player in the EPL, period.

He has had a good group stage in the CL, the first time he has had such in Europe.

He is a unproven in international football.

What he is, is a top EPL player, which doesn't always say much as the football in the league has never matched the hype or the marketed product.