TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs vs Swansea

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: We need a bit of creativity to open them up. We won't be able to slice them open with intricate passes as they are using zonal marking and defending deep to neutralize all the spaces we should be using to get into their 18. Eriksen, Dele and Son have to use their trickery a lot in this game if we have any hope of getting a goal..
Unfortunately I was right.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cristao II wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Oh Mike Dean the Spurs fan dey ref this game ... won't be surprised if a PK or red will come in favor of Toto :curse:
Dont understand why peeps say Dean favors Spurs. He refused to call the legit penalties.

Legit my nyash abegi :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: We need a bit of creativity to open them up. We won't be able to slice them open with intricate passes as they are using zonal marking and defending deep to neutralize all the spaces we should be using to get into their 18. Eriksen, Dele and Son have to use their trickery a lot in this game if we have any hope of getting a goal..
Didnt help that we killed our left wing in 2H! Trippier should never be played in that position. Would rather KWP!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Their will beca few daysvlike these. We'll get there. COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: Oh Mike Dean the Spurs fan dey ref this game ... won't be surprised if a PK or red will come in favor of Toto :curse:
Dont understand why peeps say Dean favors Spurs. He refused to call the legit penalties.
Legit my nyash abegi :rotf: :rotf:
You are an ARSE so I don't expect you to see the dubious calls against us.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
Didnt help that we killed our left wing in 2H! Trippier should never be played in that position. Would rather KWP!!
I agree. The same mistake MoPo did last season against Chelsea in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup is what he did today. Son is a good Left Wing but never on the defensive side. He doesn't know how to defend one bit. Sacrificing Davies for him was a terrible mistake. He overcompensated for that error in the second half by playing Trippier on the LWB, Sissoko on the WRB and Son in the middle but when it didn't work he moved out Sissoko for Aurier. Davies has to play whenever he is fit unless Rose returns and is back to full fitness.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
I agree. The same mistake MoPo did last season against Chelsea in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup is what he did today. Son is a good Left Wing but never on the defensive side. He doesn't know how to defend one bit. Sacrificing Davies for him was a terrible mistake. He overcompensated for that error in the second half by playing Trippier on the LWB, Sissoko on the WRB and Son in the middle but when it didn't work he moved out Sissoko for Aurier. Davies has to play whenever he is fit unless Rose returns and is back to full fitness.
This match is on Poch and Dean for me. Dean not giving those 3 clear penalties is irritating!! 2 Handballs and 1 Trip in the box!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Move on to next game
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Seriously why are you guys taking forever to adjust to this field? At this rate Spurs will play Europa with Arsenal next season.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Pleased with a point.
Swansea could have stolen 3 points...
We should have been given a penalty.
Poch should rest some of the key players against Barnsley on Tuesday.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

MoPo was pissed with Mike Dean. He said he couldn't understand how Mike could call the Aurier ball control handball yet failed to see the challenge on Aurier. I have never heard MoPo criticize a ref until today and won't be surprised if the FA charges him for it.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Also, I don't understand why there were non-Spurs supporters at Wembley today? :(
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kenmega wrote:Also, I don't understand why there were non-Spurs supporters at Wembley today? :(

Perhaps to spur you on.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:MoPo was pissed with Mike Dean. He said he couldn't understand how Mike could call the Aurier ball control handball yet failed to see the challenge on Aurier. I have never heard MoPo criticize a ref until today and won't be surprised if the FA charges him for it.
The calls on the penalties were very irritating! Spurs were robbed!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: MoPo was pissed with Mike Dean. He said he couldn't understand how Mike could call the Aurier ball control handball yet failed to see the challenge on Aurier. I have never heard MoPo criticize a ref until today and won't be surprised if the FA charges him for it.
The calls on the penalties were very irritating! Spurs were robbed!
The truth is we didn't do enough to win. The players were below par as we didn't up the energy level to have a real go at them. They looked sluggish. Even Dele, who didn't have a midweek game, looked off pace. Now I am beginning to agree with you that his young #$% should be benched. Let Son take his place, Davis back on the LWB and see how it works.

Dembele was on the bench and I wonder why he didn't play either. He could have come on Sissoko if Davis had started because Trippier was forced on to play LWB just before Aurier was brought on.

I really hope Dele is not believing his own hype and beginning to feel he can't do no wrong.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

The Wembley hoodoo is very much alive and kicking. Dortmund goalie made it look like it never existed.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Trippier needs to be permanently benched for Aurier.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:Move on to next game

Cocoyam farmer how market today ??? :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:Their will beca few daysvlike these. We'll get there. COYS
Na wa o! Na so the defeat pain your each? You come overdose on painkillers? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:Seriously why are you guys taking forever to adjust to this field? At this rate Spurs will play Europa with Arsenal next season.
If they dont improve, they wont even make Europa.

Because to drop this many points at home, they have to go to Stamford Bridge, Emirates, Old Trafford, Anfield and Etihad and collect maximum points.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It doesn't help when teams sit back and refuse to play. Oh well, onto the next game. Eventually the lads will get used to Wembley sooner rather than later.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:It doesn't help when teams sit back and refuse to play. Oh well, onto the next game. Eventually the lads will get used to Wembley sooner rather than later.
Let me get this correctly, you are of the belief that teams should come on the pitch to help Spurs succeed? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: It doesn't help when teams sit back and refuse to play. Oh well, onto the next game. Eventually the lads will get used to Wembley sooner rather than later.
Let me get this correctly, you are of the belief that teams should come on the pitch to help Spurs succeed? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fans pay good money to be entertained not have to watch a team throwing 9 men inside their 18 yard box.