TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [PL] WAT vs TOT

Post by anikulapo »

English refs are horrible
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dodged a bullet in the end. Dier almost gave a penalty away but then Atkinson messed up when he didn't give us a penalty when Kane was clearly held back in the box a few minutes earlier.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is one of the worst period of our time in recent memory. We've gone now 4 matches without a win in the PL.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:This is one of the worst period of our time in recent memory. We've gone now 4 matches without a win in the PL.
Dont worry, just concentrate on the CL :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: Wow see ojoro .... clear handball on Dier ... Jesu
What was clear about it :glare:? The ball hit his chest and it was too close for him to move his chest away.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Pochettino has proven that he is a very good coach. But he needs to learn how to be a winner. if he cannot do that, he will never be a great coach and will never coach a top team.

Unfortunately for him, he is coaching a team that is CURSED! And that means, he can NEVER win here.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: This is one of the worst period of our time in recent memory. We've gone now 4 matches without a win in the PL.
I believe that is where our form is this season. It is the reverse of last season where our form was in the PL.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

anikulapo wrote:English refs are horrible
Lol. You can say that again my brother. Kai.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: Wow see ojoro .... clear handball on Dier ... Jesu
What was clear about it :glare:? The ball hit his chest and it was too close for him to move his chest away.
Dude that was clear PK,you guys get away with 2 PK,a draw is not bad for you guys as spurs was second best and i know playing 10 men is never easy.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: This is one of the worst period of our time in recent memory. We've gone now 4 matches without a win in the PL.
I believe that is where our form is this season. It is the reverse of last season where our form was in the PL.
Yup! Champions of Europe! Thats what you are :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:Pochettino has proven that he is a very good coach. But he needs to learn how to be a winner. if he cannot do that, he will never be a great coach and will never coach a top team.

Unfortunately for him, he is coaching a team that is CURSED! And that means, he can NEVER win here.
Teams this season are giving them the respect reserved for bona fide top 4 teams which means their opponents are likely to play their best against them on most days. This is where failure to properly strengthen can hurt Pochettino and Spurs.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guys, I was just walking by to buy milk at the store. Just wanted to pop and ask whether there is a quiet revolution happening in here. You know, since the revolution is quiet, we no dey hear am. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

IAG, just saw this. Will you guys be able to cope with this new cost?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-1bn.html

Looks like Kane, Eriksen, & Alli will all be sold in the summer to finance the stadium. Just saying.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] TOT vs APO

Post by Its a Goal »

Thank God we have already qualified for the next round of the CL as it now gives MoPo the chance to rest of the key players that have been forced to play on fumes. He admitted that he has to rest some of the players since the result of this match is more or less meaningless in the grand scheme of things as we have already won the group.

With that in mind he is going to have a second opportunity to give some fringe players a chance to prove themselves. In their first outing the 2nd string showed a touch of class in the first half against the Spammers only to capitulate in the 2nd half and get knocked out of the League Cup. There should not be a repeat of that diabolical episode today.

Our injury list has remained the same from the weekend as there are no new injuries to report neither have any of those on the nursing table making a return soon, in fact the news is dire for Toby as it looks like he may be out longer than anticipated. Getting a rest definitely, according to MoPo, are Kane, Dier, Eriksen and Lloris. I think that is a good decision as I have been saying for a while now that Dier and Eriksen need to be given some time off.

Starting the match there will be a lot players that need some playing time in order to show MoPo what they are capable of. The likes of Nkoudou, Llorente and Foyth have to step up big time. Shayon Harrison trained with the first team and hopefully he will be on the bench. Our golden boy, Marcus Edwards, is still not up to MoPo's standard but reading between the lines from MoPo's last interview, he may not be too far along getting his break. There are the likes of Giorgio and Kyle Walker-Peters who are still on the verge of making their impact.

I predict the lineup to be 4-2-3-1:

• Llorente
  • Nkoudou * Dele * Son
    • Winks * Sissoko

Rose * Sanchez * Foyth * Trippier
      • Vorm

This is largely an experimental lineup but strong enough to pick all 3 points. There can be no excuses if this team doesn't win.

COYS!
Last edited by Its a Goal on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Thunder[/color] wrote: IAG, just saw this. Will you guys be able to cope with this new cost?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-1bn.html

Looks like Kane, Eriksen, & Alli will all be sold in the summer to finance the stadium. Just saying.
All I can tell you is don't believe everything you read especially when it comes from the Daily Mail. They don't like Spurs. I trust Levy and believe he is doing a fine job managing the cost of building the stadium.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]green4life[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: Pochettino has proven that he is a very good coach. But he needs to learn how to be a winner. if he cannot do that, he will never be a great coach and will never coach a top team.

Teams this season are giving them the respect reserved for bona fide top 4 teams which means their opponents are likely to play their best against them on most days. This is where failure to properly strengthen can hurt Pochettino and Spurs.
At some point the stress of playing away all season will eventually catch up on you. This season was going to be hard following up from the last as there are too many factors going against us. You can't discount the impact of playing at Wembley (larger field and teams relishing the opportunity to play in an iconic stadium), Man City and ManU paying obscene fortune to acquire players, injury to key players, and sense of learning how to stay focused and play brilliantly in multiple tournaments.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Looking forward to Poch giving second squad a run...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Looking forward to Poch giving second squad a run...
For his own sake I hope Nkoudou gives a good account of himself today. I don't know how many more opportunities he is going to get before he ends up the way of Clinton N'Jie.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

When the draw was made who would have thought Spurs would win the group with a game to spare? Well done everyone
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Looking forward to Poch giving second squad a run...
For his own sake I hope Nkoudou gives a good account of himself today. I don't know how many more opportunities he is going to get before he ends up the way of Clinton N'Jie.
Has Poch really given Nkoudou a fair chance?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Has Poch really given Nkoudou a fair chance?
I feel sorry for players like Nkoudou and Forsyth. From regular football to no football. It must be hard.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!