TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT 4 vs 1 LivP

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:People will say Lukaku is noy being fed ...look at Kane's play in and out of the penalty box, that is a complete striker. If Lukaku is worth 75, Kane is worth 150m

True talk ...the guy na real oni wahala striker
He can be selfish buy he more than makes up for it. His out of the box play is sumptious.
:lol: :lol: Was that ever in debate? Of course Kane is better than Lukaku.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:There is a quiet revolution going on at Whitehart lane...may we all live long to see it bloom.
Problem with Tottenham is not ability or anything else. The club is simply cursed! that is the problem. We all know how this will end. I will absolutely want them to win the league, like I wanted them to win 2 years ago and last year. But they wont. They cant! They are cursed, and they simply cant get over that curse.

So, enjoy the "quiet revolution" while you can :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:You hire a manager to find solutions, not be a cheerleader!

If Klopp cannot find solutions for LFC, he should leave...Its that simple.

None of us as fans is privy to backroom goings ons. We can only take our readings from what the manager does/says.

That is why the Lovren substitution is quite telling. What did he do wrong today that he had not done two years ago?

Peeps are too comfortable at LFC....

Whatever ur football philosophy, the manager's job is to find solutions within his choice of approach. Even a half retard like Sean Dyche has found solutions for Burnley.

If Klopp cannot find his own solutions, he should leave.
N'no! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:That is why the Lovren substitution is quite telling. What did he do wrong today that he had not done two years ago?
I was at the game at Wembley. The match confirmed and again exposed the failings that have been clear for while with some of these players. The Lovren substitution was indeed telling. For me it was the moment that Klopp finally had enough of these substandard players. The carrot has been taken away.

Yeye ewu! how market? You seem hurt? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

oloye wrote:There is a quiet revolution going on at Whitehart lane...may we all live long to see it bloom.
Oloye, truth be told, Spurs is breathtakingly frightening. Top to bottom solid. That said, there’s nothing a freshly prepared bowl of Lasagna can’t take care of. :sneaky:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Thunder wrote:
Oloye, truth be told, Spurs is breathtakingly frightening. Top to bottom solid. That said, there’s nothing a freshly prepared bowl of Lasagna can’t take care of. :sneaky:
Your "Tottenham 4 Life" membership is ready :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Has anyone been in contact with I-Zee-Ewu? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

pajimoh wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Won’t be caught dead wearing a spuds shirt. It just ain’t gonna happen. After all this is Rottenham we’re talking about. There’s a lot of time left to feck it up! :taunt:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Thurd, it is OK to not want to let anyone know about your Spur decorated bedroom :D. It is really OK as no one here will know your secret :P.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am still shocked at the relative ease with which MoPo dispatched Liverpool. He didn't beat them because Liverpool was bad as the media is trying to narrate it but rather with a master tactical genius game plan. MoPo studied Liverpool very well, identified their weaknesses and threats and came up with a plan on how to nullify the danger that they could pose while at the same time take advantage of their porous defense. Playing Aurier on the left was a tactic no one expected since Aurier never played there. Aurier was played on the left to counteract Salah's treat since Davies is not fast enough to keep up nor is Son defensively good enough to defend him. I expected Dele to ride the bench but MoPo recognized Dele's defensive capabilities and made him stay back rather than stay upfront. He set traps for Liverpool which they fell for and were duly punished. Anyone doubting MoPo's astute coaching capabilities should have rethink after the last 2 matches Spurs has played.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:I am still shocked at the relative ease with which MoPo dispatched Liverpool. He didn't beat them because Liverpool was bad as the media is trying to narrate it but rather with a master tactical genius game plan. MoPo studied Liverpool very well, identified their weaknesses and threats and came up with a plan on how to nullify the danger that they could pose while at the same time take advantage of their porous defense. Playing Aurier on the left was a tactic no one expected since Aurier never played there. Aurier was played on the left to counteract Salah's treat since Davies is not fast enough to keep up nor is Son defensively good enough to defend him. I expected Dele to ride the bench but MoPo recognized Dele's defensive capabilities and made him stay back rather than stay upfront. He set traps for Liverpool which they fell for and were duly punished. Anyone doubting MoPo's astute coaching capabilities should have rethink after the last 2 matches Spurs has played.
Great post but one thing - Aurier can play on either flank ... That has been since his days at Toulouse (from my observation)

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ev ... rge-aurier

Positionally Aurier is also encouragingly versatile; he can play anywhere across the defence, doing a passable job at left back when required, and having played as a midfielder at junior level you wonder if a forward-thinking, tactically innovative manager might even try and mould him into a midfielder one day.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I am still shocked at the relative ease with which MoPo dispatched Liverpool. He didn't beat them because Liverpool was bad as the media is trying to narrate it but rather with a master tactical genius game plan. MoPo studied Liverpool very well, identified their weaknesses and threats and came up with a plan on how to nullify the danger that they could pose while at the same time take advantage of their porous defense. Playing Aurier on the left was a tactic no one expected since Aurier never played there. Aurier was played on the left to counteract Salah's treat since Davies is not fast enough to keep up nor is Son defensively good enough to defend him. I expected Dele to ride the bench but MoPo recognized Dele's defensive capabilities and made him stay back rather than stay upfront. He set traps for Liverpool which they fell for and were duly punished. Anyone doubting MoPo's astute coaching capabilities should have rethink after the last 2 matches Spurs has played.
Great post but one thing - Aurier can play on either flank ... That has been since his days at Toulouse (from my observation)

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ev ... rge-aurier

Positionally Aurier is also encouragingly versatile; he can play anywhere across the defence, doing a passable job at left back when required, and having played as a midfielder at junior level you wonder if a forward-thinking, tactically innovative manager might even try and mould him into a midfielder one day.
Thanks for the correction. He looked extremely at ease playing that position so it is good to have options on both flanks.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Thunder wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Won’t be caught dead wearing a spuds shirt. It just ain’t gonna happen. After all this is Rottenham we’re talking about. There’s a lot of time left to feck it up! :taunt:
Don't worry, dead people don't protest against what they are wearing. Besodes we are more interested in you being caught alive wearing the reall HOTSPUR kit. Oh yes you will even if I have to half beat the life out of you and stitch it to your skin :tic:
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

pajimoh wrote:
Thunder wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Don't worry, dead people don't protest against what they are wearing. Besodes we are more interested in you being caught alive wearing the reall HOTSPUR kit. Oh yes you will even if I have to half beat the life out of you and stitch it to your skin :tic:
:lol: :lol: :lol: pajimoh, may your computer, iphones, etc all be virus ridden. :curse:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CC] TOT vs WH

Post by Its a Goal »

Next up a meaningless Cup game. A match that MoPo would rather we are not involved in but have to out of obligation. Because of this MoPo is going to use this opportunity to give the fringe players a chance to showcase their talent. Rose will definitely start according to MoPo while the likes of Kane and Lloris will be rested for Saturday's match against ManU. Dembele is back to training on his own but he too may be spared the trouble of battling WH in place of Saturday's match. Lamela is still some ways away from making his return so he is not expected to be in the squad likewise Wanyama. As is often the case it is hard to figure out whom MoPo is going to play and what formation however I will still make an attempt at it:

• Llorente
      • Son * Dele

Rose * Winks * Sissoko * Aurier
    • Foyth * Dier * Toby
        • Vorm

West Ham is in a terribly bad shape and morale is at it's lowest point for them. After the embarrassing loss at home they will try to right the ship by beating Spurs at Wembley to avenge their last defeat to us. The trouble for them is that they are in a relegation war as they are currently 18th and need to pick all 3 points against Palace this coming weekend. Would they risk trying to win a cup match they have no chance of winning the cup itself thereby piling on additional matches in the process or get this done and over with by letting Spurs through?

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Next up a meaningless Cup game. A match that MoPo would rather we are not involved in but have to out of obligation. Because of this MoPo is going to use this opportunity to give the fringe players a chance to showcase their talent. Rose will definitely start according to MoPo while the likes of Kane and Lloris will be rested for Saturday's match against ManU. Dembele is back to training on his own but he too may be spared the trouble of battling WH in place of Saturday's match. Lamela is still some ways away from making his return so he is not expected to be in the squad likewise Wanyama. As is often the case it is hard to figure out whom MoPo is going to play and what formation however I will still make an attempt at it:

• Llorente
      • Son * Dele

• Foyth * Dier * Toby
        • Vorm

West Ham is in a terribly bad shape and morale is at it's lowest point for them. After the embarrassing loss at home they will try to right the ship by beating Spurs at Wembley to avenge their last defeat to us. The trouble for them is that they are in a relegation war as they are currently 18th and need to pick all 3 points against Palace this coming weekend. Would they risk trying to win a cup match they have no chance of winning the cup itself thereby piling on additional matches in the process or get this done and over with by letting Spurs through?
Totally DISAGREE!! We have a chance to go into the last 8 of a trophy. We have not won any competitive trophy since 2008!! A good 9 years ago!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Next up a meaningless Cup game. A match that MoPo would rather we are not involved in but have to out of obligation. Because of this MoPo is going to use this opportunity to give the fringe players a chance to showcase their talent. Rose will definitely start according to MoPo while the likes of Kane and Lloris will be rested for Saturday's match against ManU. Dembele is back to training on his own but he too may be spared the trouble of battling WH in place of Saturday's match. Lamela is still some ways away from making his return so he is not expected to be in the squad likewise Wanyama. As is often the case it is hard to figure out whom MoPo is going to play and what formation however I will still make an attempt at it:

• Llorente
      • Son * Dele

• Foyth * Dier * Toby
        • Vorm

Totally DISAGREE!! We have a chance to go into the last 8 of a trophy. We have not won any competitive trophy since 2008!! A good 9 years ago!!
Agree. Winning is a habit and all our players must have that habit. The improvement of this team from last season is the fading line between "first teamers" and reserves. The reserves have come in and perform and you expect the so called "first teamers" to fight for their place. That means we should be able to put out a competitive team. I still expect a bit of disjointed performance with about 7 to 8 changes but expect the level of passion to remain high
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This guy cracks me up. He's a Man U fan but commented on the Spus-Liv game. If you can watch it all, please do. A bit of swearing but he's a nutter

[/video]
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The Carabao cup is no longer a Cup we should be all out to win. It is a competition that is far low in our priority list and that is how we should treat it. I am not saying we should deliberately get knocked out of it but it should be used to give fringe players an opportunity to show they are ready to take over from the first choice players. We have to hammer the hammers no doubt but we should never risk playing any of our first team players at this stage of the competition.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Over the weekend it was the 2 Right Backs who played together and today it is the turn of the 2 Left Backs. Rose and Davies starting today is interesting especially as Son and Trippier are also in the lineup.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

My boy Sissoko scored 1-0 :thumbs:
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Looks like Son is destroying the wet soak defence...we should have scored another goal from Alli