TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs v On to the next match

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:

They forgot to include Luiz absolutely destroying Wanyama on the play that led to the winning goal around 9:27 mins. Way to remind spurs fans that wembely is Chelsea's second home. What's that, 4 straight Chelsea wins against Tottenham at wembely?
G4L - will like your thoughts on Christensen's performance. Had some shaky moments no doubt. But wondering if CFC should forget about a CB until Jan transfer window. Put faith in Christensen till then. Not like CFC is going to win UCL..

I also thought Rudiger was good with his no nonsense defending..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:

They forgot to include Luiz absolutely destroying Wanyama on the play that led to the winning goal around 9:27 mins. Way to remind spurs fans that wembely is Chelsea's second home. What's that, 4 straight Chelsea wins against Tottenham at wembely?
G4L - will like your thoughts on Christensen's performance. Had some shaky moments no doubt. But wondering if CFC should forget about a CB until Jan transfer window. Put faith in Christensen till then. Not like CFC is going to win UCL..

My brother, If you go to the Burnley game thread, you will see that I noticed that Christensen was one of the few bright spots, while the score was still 0-3 in the second half.

The young man is very promising: great touch and composed on the ball, good tackling and overall looks the part. Kane did get the better of him in the first half but he improved and grew into the game by the second half. As for Rudiger, nothing more to add: good as advertised. Honestly, if Conte is a fair manager I don't see a way back into the starting lineup for Cahill given he's now got to compete against Rudiger and Christensen for playing time. I'm impressed with Christensen but he's still young and fairly inexperienced so I will pipe lowly on him but surely there's a potential he could turn out to be a gem in the near future.

Yep, I don't see the need for another defender. I rather they invest the 40 to 50M in a ball playing central midfielder. Luiz worked his socks off but he's limited compared to a natural midfielder.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Analyzer, what's the possibility of chelsea convincing Levy to part with Rose for any amount? Spurs should stop acting like a small club and set a price. Like Ashley Cole in 2006, he wants to join a winner and I don't blame him.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

green4life wrote:Analyzer, what's the possibility of chelsea convincing Levy to part with Rose for any amount? Spurs should stop acting like a small club and set a price. Like Ashley Cole in 2006, he wants to join a winner and I don't blame him.
Chelsea should go for Kane. They need a deadly finisher.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I really don't know why Naija people always try and change simple rule. That is why Naija is such a mess. What is difficult about a single thread for all Spurs game? Regardless of who we play or which competition. This is a simple rule.

If goons sheitski or manure fans want the pleasure of opening a thread because it's their team or when you're playing at home and you feel the childish need of being the one that opens the thread, then go ahead and open another one.

We've decided to have a dingle thread for our games. It the mods prefer we open game by game thread then they should say so, otherwise I don't see why people who can't follow this "so simple" rule makes it complicated.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Didn't they do that with one Cyberian's My Son, Morata? Alvin the Chipmunk will come good. As for David Luiz, very capable at the back or base of midfield. Chelsea certainly need atleast one more centre mid and cover out wide. Is it enough to go into the campaign on four fronts with Alvin and I think I'm Big Meech, Batshuayi, whipping work, hallelujah...one more wouldn't be too much.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Riche007 wrote:
green4life wrote:Analyzer, what's the possibility of chelsea convincing Levy to part with Rose for any amount? Spurs should stop acting like a small club and set a price. Like Ashley Cole in 2006, he wants to join a winner and I don't blame him.
Chelsea should go for Kane. They need a deadly finisher.
You should pay attention to coach especially given that Alvin the chipmunk who just arrived in England yesterday already knows how to score in august. Besides, when hazard returns he and fabregas will help open things up for Morata.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs v Chelsea (Haters & a Midget not wanted)

Post by green4life »

By the way, changing the title of game day thread only mins after losing to Chelsea team B in front of spuds fans was a puss arse lilly livered sore loser thing to do. Typical spurs stuff fan behavior. Run your mouth pregame but can't handle the heat when your first team has their butts handed to them by Christensen and co.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:By the way, changing the title of game day thread only mins after losing to Chelsea team B in front of spuds fans was a puss arse lilly livered sore loser thing to do. Typical spurs stuff fan behavior. Run your mouth pregame but can't handle the heat when your first team has their butts handed to them by Christensen and co.
G4L, I'm surprised you're ranting like a demented goon and blues fans :sneaky: Chelsea won, congrats. We all know Wembly is not WHL so there'll be days like this. When was the last time Chelsea won on our soil, even with all their stars?

The game thread change from Newcastle to Chelsea and will change to the next game. That is how we do our "season game" thread. It's not new.

However, IAG should have kept the score there until a day or few hours before the next game.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:By the way, changing the title of game day thread only mins after losing to Chelsea team B in front of spuds fans was a puss arse lilly livered sore loser thing to do. Typical spurs stuff fan behavior. Run your mouth pregame but can't handle the heat when your first team has their butts handed to them by Christensen and co.
G4L, I'm surprised you're ranting like a demented goon and blues fans :sneaky: Chelsea won, congrats. We all know Wembly is not WHL so there'll be days like this. When was the last time Chelsea won on our soil, even with all their stars?

The game thread change from Newcastle to Chelsea and will change to the next game. That is how we do our "season game" thread. It's not new.

However, IAG should have kept the score there until a day or few hours before the next game.
Not surprised by his behaviour. That has been his new style of communications for some seasons now. Changed from a more analytical mind to the ranting style you perfectly described.

Next game is Burnley. Looking forward to it. We start slow. Hopefully we can work this out in future seasons. I am now looking forward to the additional players Levy wants to bring in. We need a RB that isnt afraid to run at players. Trippier no fit do am. KWP is better than him in that regard.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lol. PaJimoh, you're good but advise your kid bro Cristao to mature a bit and quit taking these CFC induced wembley beat downs personally.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:Lol. PaJimoh, you're good but advise your kid bro Cristao to mature a bit and quit taking these CFC induced wembley beat downs personally.
This game was a risk, win and it's a booster of confidence but I would have been better to play a few mid table teams first. I don't think we played too badly but it would have been 3 points on the turf we know every blade and every roll of the ball.
I think this season is just going to be damage limitation. Anything else will be bonus. Wembley is definitely not home ground.
Next year will be special, not necessarily a familiar surroundings but to move into our future home will be special
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

pajimoh wrote:I really know why Naija people always try and change simple rule. That is why Naija is such a mess. What is difficult about a single thread for all Spurs game? Regardless of who we play or which competition. This is a simple rule.

If goons sheitski or manure fans want the pleasure of opening a thread because it's their team or when you're playing at home and you feel the childish need of being the one that opens the thread, then go ahead and open another one.

We've decided to have a dingle thread for our games. It the mods prefer we open game by game thread then they should say so, otherwise I don't see why people who can't follow this "so simple" rule makes it complicated.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Spudites whinning as usual... What is new.. Make we hear word.. We are not even up to 24 h from final whistle The win is still fresh and CFC fans choose to analyze the game. And the fans can analyze the game till thy kingdom come for all they care whether una change the thread title or not.

You are free to ignore posts by none Spudites..

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Can't remember the last time CFC ever bought a Spud player.. Not even sold on Rose. Who needs Rose when you got the Spaniard with good hair and laser guided FK.. Wish Alonso had more pace in him

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:Lol. PaJimoh, you're good but advise your kid bro Cristao to mature a bit and quit taking these CFC induced wembley beat downs personally.
This game was a risk, win and it's a booster of confidence but I would have been better to play a few mid table teams first. I don't think we played too badly but it would have been 3 points on the turf we know every blade and every roll of the ball.
I think this season is just going to be damage limitation. Anything else will be bonus. Wembley is definitely not home ground.
Next year will be special, not necessarily a familiar surroundings but to move into our future home will be special
Given yesterday's spurs performance, wembley won't be a hindrance. It's mostly a mental thing. That's my honest assessment.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:

My brother, If you go to the Burnley game thread, you will see that I noticed that Christensen was one of the few bright spots, while the score was still 0-3 in the second half.

The young man is very promising: great touch and composed on the ball, good tackling and overall looks the part. Kane did get the better of him in the first half but he improved and grew into the game by the second half. As for Rudiger, nothing more to add: good as advertised. Honestly, if Conte is a fair manager I don't see a way back into the starting lineup for Cahill given he's now got to compete against Rudiger and Christensen for playing time. I'm impressed with Christensen but he's still young and fairly inexperienced so I will pipe lowly on him but surely there's a potential he could turn out to be a gem in the near future.

Yep, I don't see the need for another defender. I rather they invest the 40 to 50M in a ball playing central midfielder. Luiz worked his socks off but he's limited compared to a natural midfielder.
Christensen is young and bad games will come as expected. But a lot of positives from his 2 games.

CFC still need at least 3 players with a CB not a priority. All the club has done is replace like for like. Definitely a CM and cover for FB, especially LB. Conte risk running Alonso into the ground before mid season. Somewhat think the team might need an AM except Conte is going to roll dice with Musonda/Boga.

Have to discuss the set up in 2nd half. Looked 5-3-2 with a defensive focus. Noticed Bakayoko provided more support on the left.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

analyzer wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I really know why Naija people always try and change simple rule. That is why Naija is such a mess. What is difficult about a single thread for all Spurs game? Regardless of who we play or which competition. This is a simple rule.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Spudites whinning as usual... What is new.. Make we hear word.. We are not even up to 24 h from final whistle The win is still fresh and CFC fans choose to analyze the game. And the fans can analyze the game till thy kingdom come for all they care whether una change the thread title or not.

You are free to ignore posts by none Spudites..
Anal-lyzer, and who said you can't, if you're into that? :sneaky: Pointing out why thread title changes and agree that it should have stood until a day or so before the next game. What is winning a out that eh, ado furo? :tic: :twisted:
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

I don hear you Pajimoh.. Thanks for allowing us to enjoy a CFC game thread.. Beating a rival is always fun.. Una time go come.. :D :D :D :D

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pajimoh wrote:
What happens when you move to a new stadium? Won't you go through the acclimatization stage? Remember the field will be just as big, just as new and stadium just as large as Wembley. All these will be a far cry from the narrow field of WHL which by the way stayed small through special permit allowed by the FA.
How do you get the new one to feel like home or are you going to have other sets of excuses lined up? If this season will be damage limitations until you move in to the new stadium, how long will the damage limitation last? 3 seasons? 4?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Not surprised by his behaviour. That has been his new style of communications for some seasons now. Changed from a more analytical mind to the ranting style you perfectly described.

Next game is Burnley. Looking forward to it. We start slow. Hopefully we can work this out in future seasons. I am now looking forward to the additional players Levy wants to bring in. We need a RB that isnt afraid to run at players. Trippier no fit do am. KWP is better than him in that regard.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

@G4L - forgot to add, Cahill is arguably still needed in starting XI. he provides calmness to Luiz and based on his experience, he can organize the defense better than a youngin & a newbie..

No doubt, his role is under threat. Rudiger also passes out of the back well. early days.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
What happens when you move to a new stadium? Won't you go through the acclimatization stage? Remember the field will be just as big, just as new and stadium just as large as Wembley. All these will be a far cry from the narrow field of WHL which by the way stayed small through special permit allowed by the FA.
How do you get the new one to feel like home or are you going to have other sets of excuses lined up? If this season will be damage limitations until you move in to the new stadium, how long will the damage limitation last? 3 seasons? 4?
As Pochettino said, Wembley cant and isnt an excuse. I agree with him. We lost yesterday because we weren't clinical with our chances. Chelsea took theirs.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
As Pochettino said, Wembley cant and isnt an excuse. I agree with him. We lost yesterday because we weren't clinical with our chances. Chelsea took theirs.
Tell that to the guys who believe there is a special voodoo in Wenbley against Spurs. I keep wondering how they believe the bigger field is the reason for all the losses there? Are they playing at a different field to the opponents?
Anyways the season is still young and the European pileup is coming soon and this season is not going to be some man race as some may think.
Spurs will be ok this season but the loss of some defensive players may be harder to overcome especially if Rose goes. And man your always reliable keeper was in Average keeper zone yesterday. Still a long way to go though.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."