TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs v On to the next match

Post by pajimoh »

Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:Lol. PaJimoh, you're good but advise your kid bro Cristao to mature a bit and quit taking these CFC induced wembley beat downs personally.
This game was a risk, win and it's a booster of confidence but I would have been better to play a few mid table teams first. I don't think we played too badly but it would have been 3 points on the turf we know every blade and every roll of the ball.
I think this season is just going to be damage limitation. Anything else will be bonus. Wembley is definitely not home ground.
Next year will be special, not necessarily a familiar surroundings but to move into our future home will be special
What happens when you move to a new stadium? Won't you go through the acclimatization stage? Remember the field will be just as big, just as new and stadium just as large as Wembley. All these will be a far cry from the narrow field of WHL which by the way stayed small through special permit allowed by the FA.
How do you get the new one to feel like home or are you going to have other sets of excuses lined up? If this season will be damage limitations until you move in to the new stadium, how long will the damage limitation last? 3 seasons? 4?
We will but to be home has it's own mental advantage and it's designed to B intimidating. Fans very close to the action
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Spurs v Chelsea (Haters & a Midget not wanted)

Post by paj »

oloye wrote::laugh: They are turning him right and left ,up and down like amala in iya risikat cauldron! Guess who am talking about....
Oga Oloye I think U were harsher than sandpaper o...Bakayoko hasn't played ANY match..not even pre-season..just returned from injury and was thrown into the line of fire...U suppose gi am small credit na? :evil: :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Spurs didnt improve, and they didnt stay the same. Spurs have gotten worse. While they havent purchased a player, they have replaced Walker with a worse player, Trippier, and will replace Rose with an much much poorer player, Davies. Additionally, they have replaced a fortress, WHL, with their worst ground, Wembley. And they havent upgraded any field position.
:clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
oloye wrote::laugh: They are turning him right and left ,up and down like amala in iya risikat cauldron! Guess who am talking about....
Oga Oloye I think U were harsher than sandpaper o...Bakayoko hasn't played ANY match..not even pre-season..just returned from injury and was thrown into the line of fire...U suppose gi am small credit na? :evil: :evil:
Matic "hadnt played ANY match..not even pre-season..just returned from [strike] and thown into the line of fire" against Real Madrid (A team much better than Tottehnam) and we all remember his boss performance vs Madrid.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:Lol. PaJimoh, you're good but advise your kid bro Cristao to mature a bit and quit taking these CFC induced wembley beat downs personally.
This game was a risk, win and it's a booster of confidence but I would have been better to play a few mid table teams first. I don't think we played too badly but it would have been 3 points on the turf we know every blade and every roll of the ball.
I think this season is just going to be damage limitation. Anything else will be bonus. Wembley is definitely not home ground.
Next year will be special, not necessarily a familiar surroundings but to move into our future home will be special
What happens when you move to a new stadium? Won't you go through the acclimatization stage? Remember the field will be just as big, just as new and stadium just as large as Wembley. All these will be a far cry from the narrow field of WHL which by the way stayed small through special permit allowed by the FA.
How do you get the new one to feel like home or are you going to have other sets of excuses lined up? If this season will be damage limitations until you move in to the new stadium, how long will the damage limitation last? 3 seasons? 4?
We will but to be home has it's own mental advantage and it's designed to B intimidating. Fans very close to the action
One of the most tragic mistakes Spurs made was to put "commercial" above "performance." Going to America for pre-season was silly. If Spurs head was correct, they'd have done their pre-season at Wembley. Play 5-8 games in Wembley for pre-season.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
One of the most tragic mistakes Spurs made was to put "commercial" above "performance." Going to America for pre-season was silly. If Spurs head was correct, they'd have done their pre-season at Wembley. Play 5-8 games in Wembley for pre-season.
The commercial side is just as important. We lost the game because we didn't take our chances. Kane fid not take his chances at Newcastle.
Every team will say, Wembley is not their ground, you have a chance. The mentality of teams playing us there will be different than when they come to the Lane.
No matter how you enjoy a hotel, it's not the same as your own house - the familiarity is not the same. That is an advantage to our opponents. Wembley is a lovely day out
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:@G4L - forgot to add, Cahill is arguably still needed in starting XI. he provides calmness to Luiz and based on his experience, he can organize the defense better than a youngin & a newbie..

No doubt, his role is under threat. Rudiger also passes out of the back well. early days.
For sure. Cahill's playing time is under threat largely due to Rudiger.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That was a REALLY physical game against Chelsea. Lots of boots, studs, and elbows flying in. Vieira and Keane would have been proud of some of those challenges.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wiseone wrote:That was a REALLY physical game against Chelsea. Lots of boots, studs, and elbows flying in. Vieira and Keane would have been proud of some of those challenges.

Notice none of them players saw red. Dier and Vertoghen got away with so much.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Dier's tackle was blood red.
balo wrote:
wiseone wrote:That was a REALLY physical game against Chelsea. Lots of boots, studs, and elbows flying in. Vieira and Keane would have been proud of some of those challenges.

Notice none of them players saw red. Dier and Vertoghen got away with so much.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:
Matic "hadnt played ANY match..not even pre-season..just returned from [strike] and thown into the line of fire" against Real Madrid (A team much better than Tottehnam) and we all remember his boss performance vs Madrid.
lies, lies, lies..
Matic played against Samdoria, :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The commercial side is just as important. We lost the game because we didn't take our chances. Kane fid not take his chances at Newcastle.
Every team will say, Wembley is not their ground, you have a chance. The mentality of teams playing us there will be different than when they come to the Lane.
No matter how you enjoy a hotel, it's not the same as your own house - the familiarity is not the same. That is an advantage to our opponents. Wembley is a lovely day out
I entirely agree. But NOT this year. You can do it every year and for eternity, but not this year. The other big clubs have have and are restocking! The top 4 is not going to be a walk in the park this year. Additionally, if Spurs lose half of their home games, do you know what that will do to your league position? An if you dont qualify for CL and you are not competing in the league, what is the use of 2017 commercial side???
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:
lies, lies, lies..
Matic played against Samdoria, :lol:
And you sucked a d#$% in China. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Is this team that mentally fragile that after how many games at Wembley now and they are still mentally not adjusted to playing at Wembley as their home?

The new stadium is never going to be anymore intimidating than any new stadium out there because it still has fan farther than WHL to the field. It will not be the biggest in EPL nor will it be any different to say Emirate or Old Trafford.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Is this team that mentally fragile that after how many games at Wembley now and they are still mentally not adjusted to playing at Wembley as their home?

The new stadium is never going to be anymore intimidating than any new stadium out there because it still has fan farther than WHL to the field. It will not be the biggest in EPL nor will it be any different to say Emirate or Old Trafford.
Spurs lost. Get over it. We lost to Chelsea. Get over it. On to the next game. Most teams lose at least one game a season. No point in beating over the same point. Pajimoh thinks it is that. You think it is this.

The EPL is a marathon not a sprint.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

paj wrote:
Me na wetin i see i report.....if Bakayoko na amala, e go be one very soft amala ready with gbegiri considering the way he was being tirned inside out ,upside downside in the first 70 mins. I felt sorry for the brother......i know that feeling having experienced it before. Kudos to the bro...he kept on going like a tough cookie!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Spurs lost. Get over it. We lost to Chelsea. Get over it. On to the next game. Most teams lose at least one game a season. No point in beating over the same point. Pajimoh thinks it is that. You think it is this.

Take a look in the mirror. We are having a conversation about stadium impacts and mental state. If you don't like it , that one na your koko be that. You lose it when it comes to spurs discussion, why don't you quit catching so much feeling and see it as just a game? :mrgreen:

It is just a game, no go get High BP for oyibo man team. :D

You might wanna separate game thread from season tread to allow most discuss the game so you don't have to feel we are picking on your beloved team. :sneaky:
Last edited by Cito on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote:
paj wrote:
Me na wetin i see i report.....if Bakayoko na amala, e go be one very soft amala ready with gbegiri considering the way he was being tirned inside out ,upside downside in the first 70 mins. I felt sorry for the brother......i know that feeling having experienced it before. Kudos to the bro...he kept on going like a tough cookie!
Who turned you like Amala...?

You fir PM the answer to save face... :D
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

oloye wrote:
paj wrote:
The bobo try but in the 1h, he was lost.
The 2 silly FKs he gave away were mostly down to mental fatigue but he should have been smarter..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Eniwe sha me I juss happy sey we kpansh d spuds.. :lol:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Take a look in the mirror. We are having a conversation about stadium impacts and mental state. If you don't like it , that one na your koko be that. You lose it when it comes to spurs discussion, why don't you quit catching so much feeling and see it as just a game? :mrgreen:

It is just a game, no go get High BP for oyibo man team. :D

You might wanna separate game thread from season tread to allow most discuss the game so you don't have to feel we are picking on your beloved team. :sneaky:
Anytime I challenge a view, y'all call it losing it. How am I getting high BP by telling you that both of you will not agree and there is no point arguing? Pattern noted. Move on. I will not disturb your posts again with 'emotional' responses.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:

If the highlighted from you is not a sign of losing it, I don't know what is then.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs v Burnley

Post by Its a Goal »

Against Burnley I believe we will be strong enough to pick all 3 points. My lineup will be 3-4-2-1:

Lloris
Toby * Dier * Jan
Trippier/Davinson * Wanyama/Winks * Dembele * Davis
Eriksen * Dele
Kane

MoPo called Davinson unbelievable after seeing him in training on the first day which indicates he is almost as good as starting. I don't expect him to though but probably will be given 30 minutes workout. Wanyama is clearly not match fit hence why he is not even going for international duty. Winks most likely partner Dembele, who limped to complete the last 5 minutes of the last match. So far no injury worries of note.

Rose is expected to start outdoor training by end of next month; Lamela has already began outdoor workout so he is getting close to fitness; N'Koudou still is someways away.

This is a match to make a statement. The lads have to come correct. COYS!!!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!