TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017/2018 Season: [PL] BOU vs TOT, WK 30

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Sometimes Pochettino says things that get me angry. He has today said that Alli is the best young player in the world. Fa fa fa foul. Total Bullcrap. Alli is not even the best young player in the EPL.
Belly buttons. We all have one like opinions. He was very specific. For Alli's age and he's not 22 yet compared to Sane. Plus what Alli has achieved since his debut, scoring over 50 goals if not into 60s and creating countless more.

This is Sane's breakout season. We couldn't compare his record to Alli's last season or the season before.

Plus Poch might also have a biased opinion of Alli. The expectation on Alli is now immense from both club and country. The more he delivers, more is demanded.

Whatever our opinion, Alli I good, very good
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Sometimes Pochettino says things that get me angry. He has today said that Alli is the best young player in the world. Fa fa fa foul. Total Bullcrap. Alli is not even the best young player in the EPL.
Belly buttons. We all have one like opinions. He was very specific. For Alli's age and he's not 22 yet compared to Sane. Plus what Alli has achieved since his debut, scoring over 50 goals if not into 60s and creating countless more.

This is Sane's breakout season. We couldn't compare his record to Alli's last season or the season before.

Plus Poch might also have a biased opinion of Alli. The expectation on Alli is now immense from both club and country. The more he delivers, more is demanded.

Alli better than Mbappe? Ousmane Dembele? Pulisic? Werner? Lemar? Asensio? Gabi Jesus? I see him on the same level as Rashford..

PS Dele will be 22 this year. Not doubting that he is good but the best ... No wonder the clown asks for 180k per week.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Sometimes Pochettino says things that get me angry. He has today said that Alli is the best young player in the world. Fa fa fa foul. Total Bullcrap. Alli is not even the best young player in the EPL.

Alli better than Mbappe? Ousmane Dembele? Pulisic? Werner? Lemar? Asensio? Gabi Jesus? I see him on the same level as Rashford..

PS Dele will be 22 this year. Not doubting that he is good but the best ... No wonder the clown asks for 180k per week.
Come on stop being harsh. I don't like when Spurs fans slag off our players. We are not ARSEnal who does that.

MoPo is fond of bigging up his players. He has done that with Marcus-Edwards likewise Kane and Dembele. That is his style. I don't mind as I believe he is trying to challenge the players to reach the potential he has seen in them. It is up to Alli to continue to refine his craft and justify the tag MoPo placed on him.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Sometimes Pochettino says things that get me angry. He has today said that Alli is the best young player in the world. Fa fa fa foul. Total Bullcrap. Alli is not even the best young player in the EPL.

Come on stop being harsh. I don't like when Spurs fans slag off our players. We are not ARSEnal who does that.

MoPo is fond of bigging up his players. He has done that with Marcus-Edwards likewise Kane and Dembele. That is his style. I don't mind as I believe he is trying to challenge the players to reach the potential he has seen in them. It is up to Alli to continue to refine his craft and justify the tag MoPo placed on him.
I am not slagging off Alli. I just dont agree that he is the best youth player in the world. That is not equivalent to slagging him off!! There is a difference!

He is a good player with off the ball movement but best youth player in the world at his age - that I dont agree with. He would fall within top 10 though.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:

I am not slagging off Alli. I just dont agree that he is the best youth player in the world. That is not equivalent to slagging him off!! There is a difference!

He is a good player with off the ball movement but best youth player in the world at his age - that I dont agree with. He would fall within top 10 though.
That's fair enough, I'm sure there are many Spur fans who will agree with you likewise far many more who will side with MoPo. As long as he continues to make upward progress with his development I am fine with it even if he is not considered the best in the world. The most important thing is his commitment to the cause.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017/2018 Season: [FAC] SWA vs TOT, QF

Post by Its a Goal »

After recovering from the shock exit from the CL, the lads showed a solid mental fortitude to bounce back and get a comprehensive 4-1 victory on the road against a sturdy Bournemouth. A full week of recovery has been also been earned before facing Swansea whose focus may slightly be elsewhere other than winning the FA Cup and this the opportunity that Spurs must seize.

Injury was not so kind to Kane as he looks to be out minimum 3 weeks and realistically 6 weeks. Toby appears to have fully recovered and is rearing to go likewise Dier. With the return of Toby and injury to Kane it might give MoPo the chance to try out his most favored formation: 3-4-2-1. If he decides to give it a go then I expect the lineup to be:

• Son
    • Eriksen * Dele

Rose * Dembele * Dier * Trippier
  • Jan * Sanchez * Alderweireld
      • Lloris

It is also likely he may not want to rush Toby back therefore he will bench him in place of Lamela, who has steadily been having a good run of games in recent times, that means it will be 4-4-2 with Son and Dele upfront getting support from Eriksen and Lamela to provide assists.

Either way we go there can be no room for complacency. An early goal is necessary to keep the nerves down. COYS!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Wow, Rose didn't make the squad. Lucas bench Dele, Alderweireld back but on the bench and Sissoko starts.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Early scare from Swansea as last minute ditch save from Vorm clears the ball. Small hint of penalty was waived away.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son slightly offside.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What a goal from Eriksen.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lucas is not getting any ball distribution.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lucas almost gets a brilliant individual goal.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lamela is getting back to his best form.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tottenham in total control of this match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

My Son gets the second but ruled offsdie.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Here we go. VAR review.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It looks good. It looks like it will be given :D.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Fack. It wasn't.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

How did Lucas miss that?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lucas has to step up his sprinting fitness.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Eriksen almost gets a second with a similar strike from outside the 18.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dier free header goes over the bar. That was poor on his part.

Spurs missing so many chances.