TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT Spur 1 vs 0 Bournemouth

Post by Cristao II »

Dry game for me. Spurs created some half cut chances but not clinical enough.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]spastic[/color] wrote: IAG is hard core :thumb:
Where have you been bro?
City gets no love around here. So I go more to sites where its not all about how much Arsenal sucks or why United are great.

Now wet Naija done enta wallcop, I go come discuss our boys small. To be fair I no too sabi our boys again :(
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

spastic wrote:Now wet Naija done enta wallcop, I go come discuss our boys small. To be fair I no too sabi our boys again :(
Shame on you! :|

:wink:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Okay match.
Nothing Special
Kane should have scored.
Vertonghen was excellent.
Alli worries me so much Sissoko had a better game than him.

Bring on Real Madrid.

THFC 4 LIFE
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Worst case scenario, RM beats us home and away, lets face it, we are not lighting up Wembley. Then we have to hope Dortmund don't pick up 6 points from their games with the Greeks. We also have to hope RM takes full points from Dortmund.
We are still looking good for the second round.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:On to Tuesday in Madrid next. This is a match that has come at the right time. We are having compliment of a full team, a team that is operating as a cohesive unit, a team full of confidence. Come Tuesday I expect the boys to give a good account of themselves.
I had to give credit for your contributions in the match thread on your own.

In response to your question in the Facebook group 'The Spurs Show with Phill Cornwell' regarding the atmosphere yesterday. I left the group due to 'educational purposes' but the reason why the atmosphere was so dead yesterday because approximately 50% of the home crowd are not Spurs supporters.

The tickets are normally advertised in areas across Central London to tourists and neutrals but Spurs supporters were given first priority to the tickets. However, I know some Spurs supporters that visited Wembley felt the area is not great, the environment is not intimate, felt generic, but overall the ticket prices are not worthy. This also includes the ridiculous price of food and drinks which are expensive, travelling from North London to North-West London on the train is too far, etc. etc...Where are the real Spurs supporters at Wembley. I see some of my mates who are not Tottenham fans managed to get tickets to watch them which baffles me why they go and watch Spurs play at Wembley. I see a couple of empty seats yesterday and I wonder why the club have not sold enough tickets for Wembley. We could have a similar issue to the Emirates because despite there is a large waiting list for standard season tickets yet anyone can get the premium season tickets for double the price to get unlimited access to the football club.

Give time for the atmosphere to grow and develop when the likes of Madrid, West Ham and Liverpool play this month and see how that goes.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: On to Tuesday in Madrid next. This is a match that has come at the right time. We are having compliment of a full team, a team that is operating as a cohesive unit, a team full of confidence. Come Tuesday I expect the boys to give a good account of themselves.
I had to give credit for your contributions in the match thread on your own.

In response to your question in the Facebook group 'The Spurs Show with Phill Cornwell' regarding the atmosphere yesterday. I left the group due to 'educational purposes' but the reason why the atmosphere was so dead yesterday because approximately 50% of the home crowd are not Spurs supporters.

The tickets are normally advertised in areas across Central London to tourists and neutrals but Spurs supporters were given first priority to the tickets. However, I know some Spurs supporters that visited Wembley felt the area is not great, the environment is not intimate, felt generic, but overall the ticket prices are not worthy. This also includes the ridiculous price of food and drinks which are expensive, travelling from North London to North-West London on the train is too far, etc. etc...Where are the real Spurs supporters at Wembley. I see some of my mates who are not Tottenham fans managed to get tickets to watch them which baffles me why they go and watch Spurs play at Wembley. I see a couple of empty seats yesterday and I wonder why the club have not sold enough tickets for Wembley. We could have a similar issue to the Emirates because despite there is a large waiting list for standard season tickets yet anyone can get the premium season tickets for double the price to get unlimited access to the football club.

Give time for the atmosphere to grow and develop when the likes of Madrid, West Ham and Liverpool play this month and see how that goes.
You are right that the atmosphere felt tourist like. There was no sustained nor coordinated singing go on and it seemed to have impacted the performance on the pitch. Hopefully the set of supporters that will show in subsequent big matches will be the actual supporters not the fair weather ones.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [CL] TOT vs RM

Post by anikulapo »

NBA season starts tomorrow but my appetizer will be served in Madrid
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Not only has this match come at the right time it is coming at a point when we have 2 of the absences that make Spurs stronger available for this match. Danny Rose and Mousa Dembele have made the trip to Spain and will likely have a role in this match.

Unfortunately for us Ben Davies, who has had a fantastic start to the season, is down with illness. He wasn't available for the weekend match and won't be tomorrow either. He brings stability and balance to the team as his absence is always felt. No one can cover him as the experiment of Son often leads to disaster and the drafting of Jan leads to change of formation. This is why the arrival of Rose has come at the perfect time. Rose originally owned that position until his injury early this year lead to Davies making it his own. Despite his long absence Rose should be able to slot in perfectly and kickoff from where he left off. Hopefully he will have a game for the ages that will quickly make the fans forget his sins :D.

One of the problems in the midfield is the absence of creative players with a strong defensive quality. Winks is good at breaking up plays but does not compliment Eriksen with regards to creativity. Dier can shield the defensive and that is the extent of his skills. Sissoko is still the unknown factor. The only person who does the job with great effectiveness is Dembele and it was a joy to see him board the plane to Spain. Last weekend when we were struggling to pry open Bournemouth we didn't have anyone who could drive his way in the middle of the park and make breakdown the stubborn defense.

Against Madrid MoPo will have to go for a slightly different approach to what he is used to. It is pointless trying to match them in the offensive side of game as we will get torn to pieces. The margin of error is zero. We have to go for a more defensive tactics that will make it hard for RM to get behind the defense. With Dele serving his last match suspension, my lineup will be:

Kane
Eriksen
Sissoko - Dembele
Rose - Dier - Trippier
Jan - Sanchez - Toby
Lloris

Not only can Rose and Trippier stay back to cover the defense they can go forward and beat Real's defensive down the flank. Sissoko and Dembele are very strong and will be able to match Real's physicality yet support Eriksen offensively. I expect a great match and let's hope for a positive outcome.

COYS.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: NBA season starts tomorrow but my appetizer will be served in Madrid
So you will be supporting your NL big brother eh :mrgreen:?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:Worst case scenario, RM beats us home and away, lets face it, we are not lighting up Wembley. Then we have to hope Dortmund don't pick up 6 points from their games with the Greeks. We also have to hope RM takes full points from Dortmund.
Honestly, I will be disappointed if we lose both matches to them. I want us to start acting like a big club in Europe and be a force to be reckoned with. Let us make a massive statement for once and beat Real at the Bernabeu. I know that is the ambition of MoPo and that is what DL respects most about him. Both of them have big ambitions for the club and the quickest way to get there is to bring the big cheese down.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]spastic[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]spastic[/color] wrote: IAG is hard core :thumb:
Where have you been bro?
City gets no love around here. So I go more to sites where its not all about how much Arsenal sucks or why United are great.

Now wet Naija done enta wallcop, I go come discuss our boys small. To be fair I no too sabi our boys again :(
Your contributions are sorely missed around here though. You shouldn't have to stay away because you are the only City supporter as it is refreshing reading a different perspective. I am curious to what you rate your chances of winning the League and CL.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

This should be a really good game. Real are not playing near peak yet....a sliver of hope for Spurs. Prediction 3-2 Real
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:Worst case scenario, RM beats us home and away, lets face it, we are not lighting up Wembley. Then we have to hope Dortmund don't pick up 6 points from their games with the Greeks. We also have to hope RM takes full points from Dortmund.
Honestly, I will be disappointed if we lose both matches to them. I want us to start acting like a big club in Europe and be a force to be reckoned with. Let us make a massive statement for once and beat Real at the Bernabeu. I know that is the ambition of MoPo and that is what DL respects most about him. Both of them have big ambitions for the club and the quickest way to get there is to bring the big cheese down.
Spurs are the underdogs for this game. Clear faves are Real. I want us to sting them bad!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Any spanish translators dey dis site? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lets see if he can back it up.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: NBA season starts tomorrow but my appetizer will be served in Madrid
So you will be supporting your NL big brother eh :mrgreen:?

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Attacking formation from Pochettino :drool: :drool: :drool:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Meanwhile
Danny Blanchflower
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

toyin133 wrote:Attacking formation from Pochettino :drool: :drool: :drool:

Rubs hands together :laugh:

MLK.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

anikulapo wrote:

Poch isn't Mourinho, go hard or go home :thumb:
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I can smell a dirty rat hater in the thread :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.