TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] ARSE vs TOT

Post by Cristao II »

spastic wrote:
oloye wrote:Spurs were played off the park.
But should the goals have counted?
Bros. I hail. Let's not go there. Even the so called favoritism of Mike Dean against Arsenal has proven to be a myth.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

We lost - Irrelevant whether goal(s) should have stood. The lads should shake this off and move tot he next game. COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:COYS. Here comes 3 quick goals for SPURS
:dream: :dream: :dream:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

pajimoh wrote:We lost - Irrelevant whether goal(s) should have stood. The lads should shake this off and move tot he next game. COYS
No doubt. I know Spuddites will take it and move on. I was just wondering if Eagle eyes spotted the advantageous errors that secured victory for his side
He seems to be very good at remembering the history of calls that went against his team :boo: :twisted:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

spastic wrote:Has anyone seen Arsene Wenger?

I'm sure his greatness will surely complain about the fantasy foul that led to the offside goal that was allowed.

Can't wait to hear from Arsene :oops:

dont disrespect your future coach
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Palm Wine Tapper and Adele toe sucker ... how bodi :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

So so proud of awon boys today. They made it count... :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:Palm Wine Tapper and Adele toe sucker ... how bodi :woot:

wo be dat one? :scared: :scared: :scared: :shock: :shock: :shock:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

spastic wrote:
pajimoh wrote:We lost - Irrelevant whether goal(s) should have stood. The lads should shake this off and move tot he next game. COYS
No doubt. I know Spuddites will take it and move on. I was just wondering if Eagle eyes spotted the advantageous errors that secured victory for his side
He seems to be very good at remembering the history of calls that went against his team :boo: :twisted:
Did you say goals? Come on man, there is no infringement or offside on that second goal. Unless the hands are called off.
Ok make we Comot the first goal and it is stil 1-0 :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

I knew Arsenal would win - the moment I saw Dier playing in the CD position before KO.
No idea why Kane and Alli started despite they were not fit.
Dembele was great - hope to see him get fit and produce great games.
Pleased with Sissoko's performance.
Note to Poch: Stop talking about we are one of the best teams in Europe with a poor away form against the Top six PL clubs for the last 3 years. Please improve on that record please! :curse:

Give credit to Wenger and AFC for stepping up in the NLD

People say Mike Dean is a Spurs fan. Bet he will referee the Man City game next month. Useless peformance

On to the next game away at Dortmund

THFC 4 LIFE
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

kenmega wrote:I knew Arsenal would win - the moment I saw Dier playing in the CD position before KO.
Note to Poch: Stop talking about we are one of the best teams in Europe with a poor away form against the Top six PL clubs for the last 3 years. Please improve on that record please! :curse:

People say Mike Dean is a Spurs fan. Bet he will referee the Man City game next month. Useless peformance

THFC 4 LIFE
That explains a lot about Ali's game. He should have come out earlier, though he started showing up a bit later on.
Kane didn't get decent service.

Sissoko was piss poor! The guy slowed down play and his passes were off. Sometimes he dilly dallied with the ball outside the box then made a poor pass. :curse:

Why not go into the box and do your dance there until you get a clear pass, shot or get fouled?

Winks was poor at game reading. I don't know why he kept trying to force the ball to the right wing at a time when they were more dangerous on the left. Playing to instructions maybe?

D. Sanchez is better than Aurier.

Illoris should learn to smother balls closing in on him instead of just getting bigger.

Arsenal finally found their lineup. If they stick with it until the end of the year, they just might finish in the top 4 again.

Oh Iwobi should let the game come to him. Kid is letting things get to him. Forwards just keep on shooting even if they miss badly.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I returned from the game a few minutes ago. A real shame cos of a family commitment tonight, I would have loved to be around the ground celebrating till tomorrow.

I have heard the first goal was offside, similar to the one called against Lacazette at Stoke. To Spuds fans, I understand how it feels to be on the wrong end of decisions.

Given how the Refs and their officials have robbed us this season, we were due a break. So I accept it. It still does not make up for how they cheated us against City, Stoke and Watford.

Overall, it was nice to stuff our turkey/cockrel early for Christmas. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

We won that easy, we took our foot off the gas 2nd half and just controlled it for fun. Now I look forward to another 3 points at our favourite Away ground called Wembley, when next we meet.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I'm sure his greatness will surely complain about the fantasy foul that led to the offside goal that was allowed.

This from a City fan. Hypocritical tosh! Santimonious drivel.

In the pub drinking, I saw the Ref give City the game at Leicester by not sending off Kompany.

Last 2 games at their ground, we have been robbed by Refs cheating in their favour. Please look in the mirror before you dare mention Arsenal.

We are 'The Arsenal'. Refs should not toy with us. Wenger is 100% right to call out the Refs, and if choses not to mention today's offside goal, he is also right. It cannot begin to make up for how they have costs us already this season.

Oh! If you don't like it, you can shove it where the sun don't shine.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
I feel your relief since 2014 :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Palm Wine Tapper and Adele toe sucker ... how bodi :woot:

wo be dat one? :scared: :scared: :scared: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and:

2. How you take know sey e dey suck toe. :woot: :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

spastic wrote:

The updated IFAB rules do account for body parts:

“Offside position
It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
– any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
– any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
– The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

– A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
– second-last opponent or
– last two opponents”

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... 11—offside

The rules clearly state that the hands and arms are not considered, hence Lacazette was correctly ruled onside while the well endowed lady from your example was correctly called offside.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
I feel your relief since 2014 :sneaky:
Rubbish. We have beaten your lot in the FA Cup and the other trophy. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Arsene Wenger's home record vs Tottenham:

Played - 25
Won - 17
Drawn - 7
Lost - 1

That's domination. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote:
spastic wrote:

The updated IFAB rules do account for body parts:

“Offside position
It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
– any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
– any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
– The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

– A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
– second-last opponent or
– last two opponents”

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... 11—offside

The rules clearly state that the hands and arms are not considered, hence Lacazette was correctly ruled onside while the well endowed lady from your example was correctly called offside.
Not that it makes a difference, please continue to educate Spastic. :D :D :D :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

[/video]

One Arsene Wenger. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

To all those who don't understand "offside"- I refer you to Law 11.
Arms and hands are not considered when deciding if a player is offside.
Both Arsenal goal were legal goals today.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Kabalega wrote:
kenmega wrote:I knew Arsenal would win - the moment I saw Dier playing in the CD position before KO.

THFC 4 LIFE
That explains a lot about Ali's game. He should have come out earlier, though he started showing up a bit later on.
Kane didn't get decent service.

Sissoko was piss poor! The guy slowed down play and his passes were off. Sometimes he dilly dallied with the ball outside the box then made a poor pass. :curse:

Why not go into the box and do your dance there until you get a clear pass, shot or get fouled?

Winks was poor at game reading. I don't know why he kept trying to force the ball to the right wing at a time when they were more dangerous on the left. Playing to instructions maybe?

D. Sanchez is better than Aurier.

Illoris should learn to smother balls closing in on him instead of just getting bigger.

Arsenal finally found their lineup. If they stick with it until the end of the year, they just might finish in the top 4 again.

Oh Iwobi should let the game come to him. Kid is letting things get to him. Forwards just keep on shooting even if they miss badly.
I thought Sissoko did okay. He had poor games before but gradually improving.
I agree with you on Lloris as he need to smother balls closing in on him - City away game last season he failed to do that.
Winks also recovered from an injury. He was instructed to pass the ball on the right wing, which made no sense to me.
D. Sanchez is becoming a great buy for us.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Can we bring Janssen back from loan in January? He certainly brings more to the game than Llorente.
Its a Goal wrote:Llorente fouled in the box yet no call.