TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT

Post by Lager-back »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Very idiotic performance by Spurs especially certain players like Son and Wanyama. The pitch? No. If you want to be champions show your quality. Now we have another game. Shameful.
Harsh. There are certain teams that you know how much better than but can't break down easily. The performance wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be. I am happy for Rochdale as they deserve to earn a big payday at Wembley.
Harsh ke. Those guys changed their pitch because of us. We are playing Div 1. England internationals can't cross the ball. A Kenyan international is unfocused. Dier should bench his unserious arse. Total lack of desire and professionalism. Some of the players today will leave at the end of this season. I trust Pochettino.
Relax. Bad but not that bad.
Bros it was that bad. It was the same stupid mentality that showed no respect to Rochdale. Seen it before. We haven't won ish and players ain't hungry!!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Very idiotic performance by Spurs especially certain players like Son and Wanyama. The pitch? No. If you want to be champions show your quality. Now we have another game. Shameful.
Harsh. There are certain teams that you know how much better than but can't break down easily. The performance wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be. I am happy for Rochdale as they deserve to earn a big payday at Wembley.
Harsh ke. Those guys changed their pitch because of us. We are playing Div 1. England internationals can't cross the ball. A Kenyan international is unfocused. Dier should bench his unserious arse. Total lack of desire and professionalism. Some of the players today will leave at the end of this season. I trust Pochettino.
Too early to say this but I expect more from Llorente. I might add Vorm too.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
If this is the first team or a league match I will be with you but this is the FA Cup that is going to be replayed. Rochdale had every reason to be pumped and hyped up for this match than we do. We know how much better we are to them so we have no reason to raise our game. They have all the motivation in the world to get to play at Wembley so they will fight to the bitter end. The objective is to stay in the tie. This extra match is actually ideal for the team as it continues to give the fringe players opportunity to play first team football. The likes of Moura, Rose, Wanyama, Foyth, Winks and Llorente won't get a chance to play if we don't have these replays.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:2-1. TGBTG. COYS

I agree Palm Wine Tapper ... To God be the Glory :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Oh well. Good that we are giving Rochdale a nice pay day at Wembley as well as the day experience of visiting. Congrats to Rochdale.
Good payday for them.
Newport is still benefiting from the one day experience there. Hopefully Rochdale too will enjoy it. Honestly I have no qualms about it as they played their hearts out. Bigger teams ought to be doing this more often as it gives these bottom feeder teams the chance to earn a bigger check than they normally earn playing a league match.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

translation:

1. we are lily-livered and we could not beat a team 2 divisions below us
2. let's just enjoy the football; we have ZERO ambition of winning any trophy
3. see #1

OML :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: see fire :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Vorm's reading of danger is suspsect. He should have come out early to close down the attack on the first goal. I can't fault him much for the 2nd but I agree he is not giving confidence as the last man.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: OML :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: see fire :lol: :lol:
I want to congratulate you, ARSEnal did not lose this weekend :clap: :clap: :clap:.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:2-1. TGBTG. COYS

I agree Palm Wine Tapper ... To God be the Glory :taunt: :taunt:
Ahhh Anigbe, how body? See me see trouble o. If Tottenham had not scored that second goal, wetinbwe for dey talk now? Indeed TGBTG.
I dey watch Robin hood and his band of thieves from Nottingham Forest. They rob the rich to pay the poor. 4-2unately for you, you've not been robbed by the forest thieves before, or.....? Anigbe are you there? :tic: :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Vorm's reading of danger is suspsect. He should have come out early to close down the attack on the first goal. I can't fault him much for the 2nd but I agree he is not giving confidence as the last man.
When a young keeper who has attained international level, once the 1st team choice of Swansea accepts bench warming duties...something does not add up...i will always worry. He is a shadow of the guy who was once one of the best in the EPL
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they went toe to toe against big league Juve but can't bend a low league side.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mcal wrote:...they went toe to toe against big league Juve but can't bend a low league side.
It is what it is but it would be asking too mu h of you to reason that any team can lose and this is not the same team that played Juve but hey, I wouldn't want you to disturb a few brain cells, thinking :tic:
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

kenmega wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
kenmega wrote:We have been poor.
Watch Man City destroy League One leaders Wigan tomorrow.
Very poor. We don't need extra games. I don't get why they don't want to fight for entry into the first team. No wonder some were benched vs Juventus. Rose and Trippier couldn't do simple cross into box.
Ironic - Rose was at fault for the 2nd goal. You could say Trippier was at fault for the 1st.
I do question players like Foyth and Llorente on what are they doing.
This replay will be played TWO days after the Palace game.

Oh well. Rochdale deserves a replay but Spurs will demolish them with anger.

THFC 4 LIFE
Alderweireld was at fault for the second goal. He mistimed his jump and allowed what should have been a routine clearing header to skim off the top of his head backwards into a dangerous area. This wrongfooted all the defenders behind him and left the Rochdale attacker unmarked in the penalty box.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: Alderweireld was at fault for the second goal. He mistimed his jump and allowed what should have been a routine clearing header to skim off the top of his head backwards into a dangerous area. This wrongfooted all the defenders behind him and left the Rochdale attacker unmarked in the penalty box.
I couldn't make out who headed the ball backwards. Rose did not commit to marking his man as he was ball watching. I think Toby will only get back to his best when he starts playing with Jan and Sanchez again instead of being the main man at the back. I am delighted that these lads will have another match under their belt to build up their match fitness.

We don't have a midweek match so that is good for them to rest since we will have 3 matches in 7 days coming up.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

pajimoh wrote:
mcal wrote:...they went toe to toe against big league Juve but can't bend a low league side.
It is what it is but it would be asking too mu h of you to reason that any team can lose and this is not the same team that played Juve but hey, I wouldn't want you to disturb a few brain cells, thinking :tic:
...I knew that would be the rebuttal from y'all fans. Poncho went and grabbed 3rd rated players to play this match :biggrin:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
...I knew that would be the rebuttal from y'all fans. Poncho went and grabbed 3rd rated players to play this match :biggrin:
Whatever. Haters are not too far from the surface :rotf: One bad result and they ooze out like bad.....
Excuse or no excuse, we are still in it. That's what matters.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

pajimoh wrote:
mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Whatever. Haters are not too far from the surface :rotf: One bad result and they ooze out like bad.....
...my friend, not just 'one bad result' it was a predicted result "by me" :sad:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
mcal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
...my friend, not just 'one bad result' it was a predicted result "by me" :sad:
Congrats the greatest bookie this side of the Mississippi :tic: It's a draw.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] CYP vs TOT

Post by Its a Goal »

After a nice long break we are back to the PL. Events have conspired to find a way to give our first team players a week and half break, which is a good thing, but then it could bread complacency. A week and a half is long enough to make them lose a bit of edge getting into the flow of things, on the other hand it could have worked out well so that they have had sufficient rest.

Ordinarily Crystal Palace should be a mere formality but as they are in a relegation dogfight this won't be coming easy. We are involved in a mad chase to get into the top 4, even battle for 2nd, therefore we cannot afford to drop points. Whose needs are greater?

On the injury front we are clear to a large extent. The only worry is Toby who pulled a muscle in training on Thursday and is a touch and go. MoPo is expected to make a massive change from the team that drew against Rochdale, as much as 10 if not the entire 11. The only question is who made a claim to join the first team this week. I can categorically state that even if Toby is fit he is not going to start. The contract talk has unsettled him and MoPo doesn't like playing anyone whose mind is not settled. Moura showed quality and deserving a spot. Son looked jaded and did not influence the match against Rochdale. Wanyama still looks a step slower.

Knowing MoPo and his preference for sticking with a settled winning team I believe he is going to retain the same team that beat ARSEnal. I expect to see a 4-2-1-2-1 line up as such:

• Kane
    • Dele * Son
      • Eriksen
    • Dembele * Dier

Davies * Jan * Sanchez * Trippier
      • Lloris

Race for top 4 will be a hell lot hotter if we win. Finishing top 4 may not guarantee qualification for CL next season if one of the 5 English teams win it but finishes out of the top 4, this is why we have to concentrate on getting 2nd. That job starts against Crystal Palace. Come one lads, you can do it. COYS!!!

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Another day another game. Small pressure to keep up with Liverpool if we want top 4. Here is to Sanchez hopefully demonstrating why Toby should not be given that huge pay rise.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBTG. COYS. Crucial 4 games in about 10 days, starting with CP and 2 cup games. Lets go boys. We can do this.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Huge. No Vertonghen. Didn't even make the bench. He must be injured I assume. Lamela in place of Son, Aurier in place of Trippier. Dier back to defensive duties with Wanyama taking his place.