TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017/2018 Season: [PL] TOT vs MC, WK 33

Post by toyin133 »

Lamela and Dembele come on for Sissoko and Moura
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:How many pens has Aurier given away?
I'm tired of defending him, that pen was just plain lazy
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT Spurs do old boy Chris Hughton a favour in Brighton's fight against relegation
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

This team is struggling. They looked jaded from the game against Stoke. The season is done
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Aurier is an effing disaster
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Lose the next match and U go begin hear footsteps 8-)
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

paj wrote:Lose the next match and U go begin hear footsteps 8-)
Are you on drugs again? :tic: :twisted:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

toyin133 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:How many pens has Aurier given away?
I'm tired of defending him, that pen was just plain lazy
The guy plays what i would call reckless and feckless football. There is this i am just having fun attitude about his game.....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:This team is struggling. They looked jaded from the game against Stoke. The season is done
Not tired. It is perhaps motivation and lack of willingness to get injured before the World Cup. Pochettino didnt help with his selection of Kane for this match. He should have been introduced in second half.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Has anyone seen or heard from IAG? He's not posted for a while which is unlike him. I hope all is well with him!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:Has anyone seen or heard from IAG? He's not posted for a while which is unlike him. I hope all is well with him!
You are right, his absence is a surprise. I hope everything is ok with him
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I wish the team well today.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cristao II wrote:I wish the team well today.

:bump: :bump:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

toyin133 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Has anyone seen or heard from IAG? He's not posted for a while which is unlike him. I hope all is well with him!
You are right, his absence is a surprise. I hope everything is ok with him

Any update :smile:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Good Monday morning Lily Livered

and if you ever wondered why you are called LL

Evidence #250:
FA Cup semi, all of you muppets were hiding from your (daft) season long thread
AND
the official match thread

if i ever meet any of you face2face, na slaps you chop

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Evidence #250:
AND

Hiding ke? we are just allowing you to run amok. :cry:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Evidence #250:
AND

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017/2018 Season: [PL] TOT vs WAT, WK 35

Post by Its a Goal »

It is good to be back home here on CE after 2 week holiday. A fantastic time in Naija but results of recent haven't given me joy. Could it be because the team was missing my presence :tic:?

So back to the league we go. Our season has pretty much to come to 2 massive games. Win the next 2 matches and top 4 is more or less secured as Liverpool and Chelsea will have to battle it out for the other spot. As easy as it sounds it is going to be tough task to accomplish. The lads' confidence has pretty much been shot due to the loss against United in a match we were pretty much dominating. In situations like that the best way to get over the loss is to have another match 3 days later to get it out of your system real quick rather than have 8 days to relive the nightmare night after night.

The team is at full strength and selection is going to be a headache again. Kane appears not to be firing on full cylinder but even then he is always a threat and handful for defenders. The trouble is if he is not fully fit he holds the team back from scoring as everyone plays for him. Would Pochettino opt to bench him for the sake of the team?

I believe the gaffer is going to stick with his true and trusted players although in this case he may recall Toby to start ahead of Sanchez. I foresee the team going with a 4-2-1-2-1 formation with these players:

• Kane
    • Son * Dele
      • Eriksen
    • Dembele * Dier

Rose * Jan * Toby * Aurier
      • Lloris

It is time to end the run of bad results. St. Torringham Day has already been suspended and in it's place come St. Arsewipe Day :D. That is what should be at the back of the lads and make them play with joy. I sure will be cheering on the boys and hope the lads will be giving us something to celebrate as well.

COYS!!!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:It is good to be back home here on CE after 2 week holiday. A fantastic time in Naija but results of recent haven't given me joy. Could it be because the team was missing my presence :tic:?

So back to the league we go. Our season has pretty much to come to 2 massive games. Win the next 2 matches and top 4 is more or less secured as Liverpool and Chelsea will have to battle it out for the other spot. As easy as it sounds it is going to be tough task to accomplish. The lads' confidence has pretty much been shot due to the loss against United in a match we were pretty much dominating. In situations like that the best way to get over the loss is to have another match 3 days later to get it out of your system real quick rather than have 8 days to relive the nightmare night after night.

The team is at full strength and selection is going to be a headache again. Kane appears not to be firing on full cylinder but even then he is always a threat and handful for defenders. The trouble is if he is not fully fit he holds the team back from scoring as everyone plays for him. Would Pochettino opt to bench him for the sake of the team?

I believe the gaffer is going to stick with his true and trusted players although in this case he may recall Toby to start ahead of Sanchez. I foresee the team going with a 4-2-1-2-1 formation with these players:

• Kane
    • Son * Dele
      • Eriksen
    • Dembele * Dier

• Lloris

It is time to end the run of bad results. St. Torringham Day has already been suspended and in it's place come St. Arsewipe Day :D. That is what should be at the back of the lads and make them play with joy. I sure will be cheering on the boys and hope the lads will be giving us something to celebrate as well.

COYS!!!
Welcome Sir, na miss we miss you o! :D
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=Brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: It is good to be back home here on CE after 2 week holiday. A fantastic time in Naija but results of recent haven't given me joy. Could it be because the team was missing my presence :tic:?

• Kane
    • Son * Dele
      • Eriksen
    • Dembele * Dier

• Lloris

COYS!!!
Welcome Sir, na miss we miss you o! :D
:lol:

I know you won’t have missed me if we had won the last 2 matches :sneaky:. I’m back and ready to start issuing you bitterness starting tonight :thumbs:.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

C'mon Watford. You can do it. 1 Point will help your EPL stay :taunt: . A win secures it.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg