TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs BHA

Post by Its a Goal »

Good rotation from MoPo. This was always going to be a tricky match for us as teams have learned how to come to Wembley and a steal point. For our end we have to constantly keep our concentration at the back and avoid conceding silly goals especially early in the match. As long we do that we will always have a good chance of winning as once we score the game tends to open up a bit and our players get to play in a relaxed mode.

2 matches in and we have had 2 good results with results of others going our way. Back to been top 4 while Pool and the ARSE have fallen behind.

Next up, destruction of another streak.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs STK

Post by Cristao II »

toyin133 wrote:Brighton came to park the bus and defended with 10 men behind the ball for the whole game. It wasn't pretty but Spurs did well to come away with the 3 points at the end
Man of the match was Son who was the most creative player on the pitch. Lamela also had a good game but Kane just couldn't find any space
Kane's selfishness is a double edged sword. Good result. Especially glad that Jan didnt get a yellow.

Will confess that I am worried about facing City without Sanchez, Toby and Wanyama. Looks like it is going to be 4-2-3-1 - Not sure Winks can cope with City's midfield. Perhaps Poch will drop Alli to CM. Kane will also need to be strong against Kompany.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Brighton came to park the bus and defended with 10 men behind the ball for the whole game. It wasn't pretty but Spurs did well to come away with the 3 points at the end
Man of the match was Son who was the most creative player on the pitch. Lamela also had a good game but Kane just couldn't find any space
Kane's selfishness is a double edged sword. Good result. Especially glad that Jan didnt get a yellow.

Will confess that I am worried about facing City without Sanchez, Toby and Wanyama. Looks like it is going to be 4-2-3-1 - Not sure Winks can cope with City's midfield. Perhaps Poch will drop Alli to CM. Kane will also need to be strong against Kompany.
Isn't Kompany injured again? In any case I think Kompany will find the speed and work rate of Son a handful. I
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: Brighton came to park the bus and defended with 10 men behind the ball for the whole game. It wasn't pretty but Spurs did well to come away with the 3 points at the end

I believe that is the formation MoPo will go with due to absence of personnel to make it 3 at the back but will will be slightly tweaked from 4-2-3-1 to instead 4-3-2-1.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the match yesterday so can't attest to performance however some fans on social media kept having a go at Sissoko, a common theme this season. If indeed he played 90 minutes then he couldn't have been that bad. That means he might be prime to start against City on Saturday. He will be part of a 3 man midfield that will include Winks and Dembele to snuff out City's threat.

I have a bit of optimism going into that match because this is sort of game our lads enjoy playing. They like playing the tough opposition as that gives them the extra motivation to raise their game.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: Brighton came to park the bus and defended with 10 men behind the ball for the whole game. It wasn't pretty but Spurs did well to come away with the 3 points at the end

I believe that is the formation MoPo will go with due to absence of personnel to make it 3 at the back but will will be slightly tweaked from 4-2-3-1 to instead 4-3-2-1.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the match yesterday so can't attest to performance however some fans on social media kept having a go at Sissoko, a common theme this season. If indeed he played 90 minutes then he couldn't have been that bad. That means he might be prime to start against City on Saturday. He will be part of a 3 man midfield that will include Winks and Dembele to snuff out City's threat.

I have a bit of optimism going into that match because this is sort of game our lads enjoy playing. They like playing the tough opposition as that gives them the extra motivation to raise their game.
Spurs' fans need a scapegoat and at the moment that scapegoat is Sissoko. Yesterday, he was no better or worse than he has played all season. I feel that the greatest issue with him is confidence and he perhaps needs a different environment where the fans are not regularly on his case and he doesn't bear the burden of a hefty transfer fee around his neck to weigh him down. He had one or two chances yesterday and he either passed to another player or couldn't connect properly with the ball. Unfortunately, no one is going to pay the kind of fee which Levy wants so he is going to soldier on to the detriment of both the player and the club.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Spurs' fans need a scapegoat and at the moment that scapegoat is Sissoko. Yesterday, he was no better or worse than he has played all season. I feel that the greatest issue with him is confidence and he perhaps needs a different environment where the fans are not regularly on his case and he doesn't bear the burden of a hefty transfer fee around his neck to weigh him down. He had one or two chances yesterday and he either passed to another player or couldn't connect properly with the ball. Unfortunately, no one is going to pay the kind of fee which Levy wants so he is going to soldier on to the detriment of both the player and the club.
The good thing is he has MoPo as his manager. MoPo will shield him from the wrath of the fans by continuously playing him and bigging him up in the press. It is up to Sissoko to either ignore the press and what half the fans say about him or let what is said get to him. He is doing what MoPo wants, that is play within your means and don't over elaborate, and that is good enough for me.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Man Shitty's first defeat of the season is finally here.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YemiBrazil wrote:Man Shitty's first defeat of the season is finally here.
Abegi, no put us under pressure o but AMEN to that :thumb:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

toyin133 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Abeg the bobo na donkey! A french bred donkey. He deserves every stick he is getting at Spurs for what he and his agents did to Everton...the level where he rightfully belongs. Please let us talk about better players ojare...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] MC vs TOT

Post by Its a Goal »

Here comes the match of the season for us. The implication of this match has so much riding on it that it will have major impact on both the winner and loser. A win for City further cements their credential as this season's champion while the loss for Spurs makes the job of top 4 contender trickier; with a Spur win it will keep the chase for 3rd place alive while the loss will temporarily slow City down on their quest to be champions. Manchester City has been in an incredible form, picking up maximum points in all but 1 of their matches so far this season. They have shattered records along the way and they do not seem to be slowing down. Teams often feel defeated before they face them so on this basis Man City often has the 3 points in the kitty even before they get on the pitch. Spurs on the other hand does not have any sense of inferiority complex as they love to play high profile teams and beat them. Spurs has gone against the likes of Real Madrid, Dortmund and Liverpool and beaten them comfortably. Having said that Spurs has yet to beat any high profile team away.

On the injury front there is nothing to worry about as all the players have come out of the midweek matches with no new injuries to report. There are 3 key men that will be absent and those will be Sanchez, serving last suspension, Wanyama, very close to returning, and Toby, out till February. This will be a massive headache since 2 out of the 3 absentees are our most dependable defenders. With the likes of Sterling, Jesus, De Druyne and Aguerro in top form we will have a hard time curtailing them.

Knowing MoPo he is not going to be scared of the threat Man City pose instead he will be looking to expose their witness at the back by looking to attack rather than defend. I believe we are going to go with a 4-3-2-1 formation with the following lining up:

• Kane
    • Son * Dele
  • Winks * Eriksen * Dembele

Rose * Jan * Dier * Trippier
      • LLoris

I expect a slight deviation from the norm with the full backs tomorrow. Although Rose played 90 minutes on Wednesday with Aurier, I believe MoPo is going to give him the nod ahead of Davies due to Rose's overall superiority as a defender and the fact that Rose will be better at nullifying Walker's threat due to his pace as opposed to Davies. Trippier will get his spot back as a result of rotation. Lamela is having a resurgence however I believe MoPo will keep faith with trio of Dele, Eriksen and Son to start.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good luck to the team. Wish them the best in today's game.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Go spurs
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I expect Totoham to win this.

Son will be MOM!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:I expect Totoham to win this.

Son will be MOM!

Sorry, as much as I do not want City to go unbeaten, I can't even support Toto when they're playing against themselves. Heck, I will support Kenya against Tottenham.

Make City no fall my hand o....I need to be able to come and yab Balo :sneaky: , IAG, Pa Jimoh. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Spastic, I go swear for you if your boys slack.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Chief Ogbunigwe[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Cellular[/color] wrote: I expect Totoham to win this.

Son will be MOM!
Sorry, as much as I do not want City to go unbeaten, I can't even support Toto when they're playing against themselves. Heck, I will support Kenya against Tottenham.

Make City no fall my hand o....I need to be able to come and yab Balo :sneaky: , IAG, Pa Jimoh. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
At least you will still take us over the Kenke breders :taunt:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Encouraging start.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:I expect Totoham to win this.

Son will be MOM!

Na which tab you go tab wey we never hear before? We are Tottenham. Yabbying and Tottengam I like duck and water :tic:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Encouraging start.
After how many seconds? :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Encouraging start.
We have to keep encouraging the boys at every given opportunit :biggrin:.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Encouraging start.
We have to keep encouraging the boys at every given opportunit :biggrin:.
In that case make I join you. COYS, COYS, COYS. TGBTG
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dier has to be sharper with his clearances.