TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kenmega
Egg
Egg
Re: [CL] TOT vs RM

Post by kenmega »

Great result!
Shame about the penalty given by Aurier.
We could have won the game but a draw was a decent result.

Bring on Liverpool on Sunday.

THFC 4 LIFE
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

smartbrother wrote:from what i've seen so far zidane may be fired soon
RM aren't very good
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:Any spanish translators dey dis site? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lets see if he can back it up.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kudos to Poch and Tottenham for having the guts go to the cauldron known as the Santiago Bernabéu and not park the bus, AND match Real toe to toe unlike a feckless coward who continues to make a mockery of Manure would have done.

On behalf of neutrals worldwide, we thank you, and look forward to the return leg :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

metalalloy wrote:
smartbrother wrote:from what i've seen so far zidane may be fired soon
RM aren't very good
:lol:
But they've won 3 of the 4 CL and they are not very good :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wonder what they will do when they are very good :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

metalalloy wrote:Kudos to Poch and Tottenham for having the guts go to the cauldron known as the Santiago Bernabéu and not park the bus, AND match Real toe to toe unlike a feckless coward who continues to make a mockery of Manure would have done.

On behalf of neutrals worldwide, we thank you, and look forward to the return leg :clap: :clap: :clap:
When was the last time Tottenham won a trophy?

That coward is not thinking of the neutrals worldwide. His interest is in winning trophies. He got two last year. Let's see what happens this year!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good result for the team. Reinforces the notion that we are a much stronger team away than at home.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Good result for the team. Reinforces the notion that we are a much stronger team away than at home.
We are the same team, just not familiar with Wembley and the place can give opposition more inspiration than intimidation. Most people only dream of playing at Wembley, now they are.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wanaj0 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Kudos to Poch and Tottenham for having the guts go to the cauldron known as the Santiago Bernabéu and not park the bus, AND match Real toe to toe unlike a feckless coward who continues to make a mockery of Manure would have done.

That coward is not thinking of the neutrals worldwide. His interest is in winning trophies. He got two last year. Let's see what happens this year!
Winning trophies and playing beautiful football are not mutually exclusive concepts. Manure's trophy counts no consign me. I no dey tap free internet feed to watch ugly football. :taunt:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Winning trophies and playing beautiful football are not mutually exclusive concepts. Manure's trophy counts no consign me. I no dey tap free internet feed to watch ugly football. :taunt:
Don't mind wanajo, when people have nothing to say that's when reort yo the trophy jibe.
Fact is we were not expected to come away with anything but a whooping. Were were not expected to even survive in the group. We have 7 points. So far we've done well.
It's beyond wanajo to give kudos :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am not a Spurs fan but I was very impressed with what Spurs did yesterday. They went toe to toe with the two-time reigning European champions and matched them stride for stride (indeed, they could have won the game with more clinical finishing). They kept CR7 anonymous. I was very impressed with young Harry Winks. This is a local lad who had been playing pro football for less than a year. He was playing against the European champs in the biggest game of his life, yet handled himself with the composure of a seasoned veteran.

Well done the Spurs.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT Spur 1 vs 0 Bournemouth

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: On to Tuesday in Madrid next. This is a match that has come at the right time. We are having compliment of a full team, a team that is operating as a cohesive unit, a team full of confidence. Come Tuesday I expect the boys to give a good account of themselves.
I knew the lads will come correct but never expected MoPo to go toe to toe with them as he did. This was a highly commendable performance and it shows the level of maturity the team has attained in just 1 year. Shame we have departed WHL as I am just curious how we would have done had we stayed one more year. All the same well done boys. Glad to see Danny Boy come on and put in a shift. It shows how much faith MoPo has in him. It was also pleasing to see that the away fans still have love for him and welcomed him back with open arms. It will be interesting to see what reception awaits him on Sunday.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs LivP

Post by Its a Goal »

Pundicks are claiming after the high result of Tuesday's draw against Madrid the players would be tired as they must be burnt out from that game. They make it seem as if we gave that match everything we've got and more. They failed to acknowledge we actually played within ourselves and didn't look spent at end of 90 minutes.

Playing Liverpool is never an easy task as they always fancy their chances against us. They enjoy coming at us since they are an offensive team and that is the type of game that suits us. We find it hard breaking down teams who chose to sit back but at the same time we are often susceptible to conceding from such teams who come out and attack. Liverpool has the likes of Sallah, Coutinho and Ferminho to cause trouble for our defense while we have the likes of Eriksen, Dele and Kane to slice open their porous defense. The key to victory is to reduce the amount of goals we let in as we will surely get in a few on their end.

The team will more or less pick itself as we are still a few more injuries away from a full team. It is good to see Danny back even though he spent 10 minutes on the pitch in our last match. Dele is back from suspension of midweek, Davies has recovered fully from his mild illness while Aurier should have another chance to continue his development. Unfortunately Dembele has re injured himself when he was warming up to play in Spain. Wanyama is still out injured and there is no time frame for his recovery. Lamela is less than a week from getting into match fitness which means MoPo may fancy him on the bench. No new injuries sustained mid week so we should be good to give Pool a game of their lives.

Predicting MoPo's lineup is starting to be like picking out the winning lottery numbers. He likes changing his formation so that he doesn't become too predictable however I believe I will come close to what his lineup will be. It should be 3-5-2 lineup since we have 2 full backs to pick from.
    • Lorente * Kane
      • Eriksen
    Davies * Dier * Winks * Trippier
    Jan * Sanchez * Toby
      • Lloris
The lineup leaves out Dele, Son, Sissoko and Aurier to a lesser extent. Dele has been inconsistent the past few weeks and needs to be have his head sorted out if he wants to get back into the first team. Lorente had a good game on Tuesday and showed he can partner Kane. If that partnership catches fire like that of Dele and Kane last season then Dele will have a big problem on his hands as the only person he will have to dislodge will be Eriksen and Eriksen is not showing any sign of slowing down.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Would be very interesting to see a 3-5-2 up vs Klopp's wide triumvirate, albeit minus the superlative Sadio. It would come ad no surprise were Llorente dropped and either Dele or Son recalled.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If Llorente is dropped then it is Dele that will get the nod.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^it makes sense to revert to the 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1, the space between Liverpool's defence and midfield could be exploited.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

MoPo going for a 3-4-2-1 formation. A highly offensive side. This is going to match filled with lots of attack on goal.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

My concern is leaving Winks alone to man the midfield. At this stage of his career he is taking a lot of responsibility. No Sissoko nor Dier to partner him. I just hope he will be able to rise to the occasion.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The more I analyze the lineup the more worried and intrigued I am about MoPo's state of mind and his way of thinking. Davies is back but on the bench same with Rose. Instead of playing one of them he opted for his 2 RBs to start simultaneously. What's going on???

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane
Son * Dele
Aurier * Eriksen * Winks * Trippier
Jan * Sanchez * Toby
Lloris

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Maradona in the house.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MAY this game end 3-3 with red cards to lloris, Kane, Coutinho and firminho :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.