TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] Huddersfield 0 vs 4 TOT Spur

Post by Its a Goal »

October is looking like a critical month. No easy game coming up but the good thing is that the lads are full of confidence. The team is slowly but surely coming into full strength which can only be a good thing for the team but a nightmare for MoPo. Who do you play consistently in the midfield? Combo of Wanyama and Dembele worked to perfection last season but this season there is the real emergence of Winks who looked decent beside Dier. Sissoko is coming to form and can play in the midfield or on the right flank so what happens to Lamela when he makes his return? Let's not even start talking of Rose because Davies has been in tantalizing form. Davies keeps the team balanced and his absence is always felt. The competition between Trippier and Aurier is going to be fiery. Trippier will have to step up his game majorly to dislodge Aurier who has a lot of rough patches to clean up if he is going to be success in this league.

Exciting times ahead so let's sit back and enjoy the ride.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT Spur vs Bournemouth

Post by Its a Goal »

Today we return to the league :thumbs:. The international calendar had it's good and bad. Good that it had a lot of interesting matches for once and took our collective minds off the EPL but bad that it took the momentum away. Good that it gave some of our lads additional recovery period of time but bad that those who had to play haven't had sufficient rest time.

Against Bournemouth MoPo is going to have a selection headache. Our injury list has dropped significantly and almost everyone is available selection. Lamela and Rose are back to training with the first team however this match has come too soon for them. Wanyama and Dembele have both recovered from their respective injuries and will be rearing to get back into the first team action. They represent the best midfield partnership not only in the team but in the league as a whole. Serge Aurier is also back from suspension. He is a lad blessed with abundance of talent but still very raw at this level and a game like this will suit him.

Bournemouth is going to come to Wembley and do what most teams do, sit back and try to counter. They know we haven't had much luck playing here and will try to use that psychology against us by frustrating us. The longer the game goes without us scoring the harder the task gets. The key is to get behind their defense as often as we can and keep the pressure on very early as they may end up cracking with all that sustained attacked. Dele has to be at his best today as both his creativity and that of Eriksen will be the key to opening that defense.

Sure starters are bound to be players who have qualified for the World Cup: Lloris, Jan, Toby, Dele, Eriksen and Kane. Congratulations to them. I expect us to go 3-4-2-1. My predicted lineup is:

Kane
Dele - Eriksen
Davies - Dembele - Dier - Aurier
Jan - Sanchez - Aurier
Lloris
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBTG. COYS, COYS, COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

No Dembele, no Wanyama, no Rose and Lamela as expected, and no Sissoko to start. Still a strong line up all the same.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Looks like MoPo is resorting to experimental Son as wingback :boo:. Davies is not even in the lineup.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Starting in 4-4-2 shape with Jan as LB.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Looks like MoPo is resorting to experimental Son as wingback :boo:. Davies is not even in the lineup.
Sick
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The atmosphere is shockingly dull. Supporters can't seem to find the motivation to build up energy.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Crystal Palace takes the lead against Chelsea :thumbs:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh what a relieve. Bournemouth almost took the lead.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Na wa o. 2 glitch edge chances now for Bou. This time Lloris to the rescue.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bou parking the bus.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

No clear openings. This is looking like it is going to be one of them days.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Another close chance for us but nothing comes out of it.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane with an open chance fails to convert.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The atmosphere is just terrible.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

MoPo has to quickly learn what it takes to open up teams who chose to park the bus when they come visiting or else we will never win a game on this turf.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Eriksen

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Weak defending from Bournemouth gives the ball to Eriksen to clean up just after 1 minute of restart.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT Spur 1 vs 0 Bournemouth

Post by Its a Goal »

We need a 2nd goal badly.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Despite of the goal the atmosphere is still dire.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane goal but ruled offside.