TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] Dortmund vs TOT

Post by Its a Goal »

Eriksen should have given me the third goal that I asked for.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dembele on for Dele.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sissoko on for Eriksen.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane's day is done. Llorente takes his place.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs playing with danger at the back.

ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Don’t really know why we signed Llorente. Janssen was better.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Llorente should have done better
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Llorente is not it. What a waste of buy. We should have kept what's name.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]ogiso[/color] wrote:Don’t really know why we signed Llorente. Janssen was better.
Exactly. He is supposed to be a slight upgrade over Janssen but appears to be a downgrade. I think we should just promote one of the academy players.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

liverpool just bottled it at Sevilla
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: liverpool just bottled it at Sevilla
Oooh, no oh. They were leading 3 nil last time i checked.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Onto the round of 16 we go. Well done boys :clap:.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Spurs win group H
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Chief Ogbunigwe[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:This is the perfect match to restore our pride. We badly bruised on Saturday and I am sure the players and coaches felt it too.

It appears we are going back to tried and proven formation of 3-4-1-2:

Kane
Son * Eriksen
Rose * Dele * Winks * Aurier
Jan * Dier * Sanchez
Lloris

A lot of fans will be deleted to see Sissoko on the bench rather than starting but is it really a good thing? Sissoko has been instrumental in breaking up buildup. He is also good setting up a counter attack but he's lack of coordination sometimes means he lets the chance go to waste.

For this match there are 5 changes from the team that played against ARSEnal. Out goes the 2 full backs of Trippier and Davies and in comes Rose and Aurier. Not bad. Sissoko and Dembele are also on the bench and in their place are Son and Winks. We now have a lot of pace to go on the attack especially if we have to counter attack.

This is going to be an enjoyable match but the key is not to concede first as that will give Dortmund the courage to continue to press and attack to get more goals.
you are full of covfefe. What pride?
This pride :taunt: :taunt: :taunt::

Dortmund 1 vs 2 Tottenham :mrgreen:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Chief Ogbunigwe[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:This is the perfect match to restore our pride. We badly bruised on Saturday and I am sure the players and coaches felt it too.

It appears we are going back to tried and proven formation of 3-4-1-2:

Kane
Son * Eriksen
Rose * Dele * Winks * Aurier
Jan * Dier * Sanchez
Lloris

A lot of fans will be deleted to see Sissoko on the bench rather than starting but is it really a good thing? Sissoko has been instrumental in breaking up buildup. He is also good setting up a counter attack but he's lack of coordination sometimes means he lets the chance go to waste.

For this match there are 5 changes from the team that played against ARSEnal. Out goes the 2 full backs of Trippier and Davies and in comes Rose and Aurier. Not bad. Sissoko and Dembele are also on the bench and in their place are Son and Winks. We now have a lot of pace to go on the attack especially if we have to counter attack.

This is going to be an enjoyable match but the key is not to concede first as that will give Dortmund the courage to continue to press and attack to get more goals.
you are full of covfefe. What pride?
This pride :taunt: :taunt: :taunt::

Dortmund 1 vs 2 Tottenham :mrgreen:
too funny.....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs WBA

Post by Its a Goal »

This is a special match for me. Not only because of the 3 points at stake but because it will be a perfect birthday present for moi :thumbs:. P.S. PaJimoh, overdose your favorite customer so that he doesn't ruin my party on this thread.

Often times after coming off an European tie, especially one where we had to win, the following league match ends up been a massive letdown. This season Spurs has managed to correct that flaw with the most recent win against Real Madrid followed with a win against Palace, albeit a dross win, but eh, a win is a win. #Mental #NoBottle.

There were no reported injuries from the midweek win away to Bayern. The match was played at a conservative pace so the players didn't burn a lot of energy therefore they should be fresh for West Brom. West Brom is facing a crisis of their own as they have yet to replace Tony Pulis, who was sacked last week after their loss to Chelsea. They are now 0-4-7 and tomorrow doesn't appear to make their situation any better. Their hope is there won't be a repeat of 9-1 bashing from about 10 years ago.

Definitely out are Wanyama and Alderweireld. Wanyama has started outdoor training so he may be only a few weeks away while Alderweireld has very little chance of getting back before the year runs out. Now that leaves Eric Lamela, the enigma. He got 60 minutes under his belt with the U23 team this past week and didn't suffer any relapse to his hip injury. From all accounts he played well and is getting nearer to his best. The only thing stopping him now is mental. MoPo doesn't feel he is mentally ready for the higher challenge so he is not rushing him but he said it is only a matter of weeks now for Lamela to convince himself he is ready to go.

Against WBA it should be a return to our traditional lineup of 3-4-2-1. Although Son started and scored midweek I don't expect him to start again. Rose had a good game as it was his interception in the opposition half that set up the equalizer however MoPo feels he needs to manage his game time so that he can last all through the season. Don't be surprised if he doesn't make the bench again. Trippier will most likely regain his spot as he won't want to upset him leaving him on the bench 2 games in a row. The lineup I expect is:
      • Kane
    • Dele * Eriksen
  • Davies * Winks * Sissoko * Trippier
    Jan * Sanchez * Dier
      • Lloris

COYS! COYS!! COYS!!!
Last edited by Its a Goal on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

MoPo going for Son instead of Sissoko meaning Dele or Eriksen will partner Winks in midfield. This is a highly offensive side.

As predicted Rose is not in the lineup again.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBTG. COYS, COYS, COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What the heck. Dele disposed so easily in midfield and Sanchez didn't do enough to ward off Rondon who took advantage.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

As if things weren't going to be tight enough breaking WBA down we conspired to make the task harder conceding very early in the match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

After unexpectedly taking the lead WBA has decided to park the coach bus that brought them to stadium. We have not a shot on target so far.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

So much time wasting going on despite it is still early on in the match.