TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: West Ham vs Spurs

Post by Its a Goal »

Thank goodness this match is away from Wembley. The lads seem to be more at ease playing away from Wembley. 2nd London derby of the season and we have to try and get a good result. Team selection is going to be slight headache for MoPo as he has a near full team to select from. The doubts are Dembele (MoPo refuse to disclose the nature of his injury but sounds dire), Wanyama (knee), Rose (ankle), and Lamela (hip but close to full fitness). Ben Davies has recovered from whatever held him back in the last 2 matches while Trippier is good to go.

I suspect formation of 3-4-2-1 with Aurier to start ahead of Trippier while Son will have to take the bench in place of Davies.

Kane
Dele * Eriksen
Davies * Dier * Sissoko * Aurier
Jan * Sanchez * Alderweireld
Lloris

COYS
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Thank goodness this match is away from Wembley. The lads seem to be more at ease playing away from Wembley. 2nd London derby of the season and we have to try and get a good result. Team selection is going to be slight headache for MoPo as he has a near full team to select from. The doubts are Dembele (MoPo refuse to disclose the nature of his injury but sounds dire), Wanyama (knee), Rose (ankle), and Lamela (hip but close to full fitness). Ben Davies has recovered from whatever held him back in the last 2 matches while Trippier is good to go.

I suspect formation of 3-4-2-1 with Aurier to start ahead of Trippier while Son will have to take the bench in place of Davies.

Kane
Dele * Eriksen
Lloris

COYS
:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Thank goodness this match is away from Wembley. The lads seem to be more at ease playing away from Wembley. 2nd London derby of the season and we have to try and get a good result. Team selection is going to be slight headache for MoPo as he has a near full team to select from. The doubts are Dembele (MoPo refuse to disclose the nature of his injury but sounds dire), Wanyama (knee), Rose (ankle), and Lamela (hip but close to full fitness). Ben Davies has recovered from whatever held him back in the last 2 matches while Trippier is good to go.

Kane
Dele * Eriksen
Lloris

COYS
:D
Trust you to focus on the non-substance :mrgreen:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

[/video]

Juan Foyth debut - Solid buy!! Definitely no way back for CCV unless he improves on loan. Dawinson Sanchez / Foyth are clearly future.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:Thank goodness this match is away from Wembley. The lads seem to be more at ease playing away from Wembley. 2nd London derby of the season and we have to try and get a good result. Team selection is going to be slight headache for MoPo as he has a near full team to select from. The doubts are Dembele (MoPo refuse to disclose the nature of his injury but sounds dire), Wanyama (knee), Rose (ankle), and Lamela (hip but close to full fitness). Ben Davies has recovered from whatever held him back in the last 2 matches while Trippier is good to go.

Kane
Dele * Eriksen
Lloris

COYS

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Wembly na winching ground for spurs....
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

So far it has been a chess match with both teams neutralizing each other. No clear chance been created. Sissoko having a good game so far.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What an interception from Aurier :clap:. Last minute tackle before sure WH goal. Dele has yet to impact the game.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

WH having the better chances so far. Spurs yet to get going at full throttle.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sissoko has settled down into the team and knows his role. He is not attempting to do things he is not capable of or unsure. He leaves the ball for Eriksen to be the creator. He is running into space and helps build up the attack.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Antonio pulls up with groin. Replaced by Carroll.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane!!!!!!!!!
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane again
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane makes it a daily double :D.

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: West Ham 0 vs 2 Spurs

Post by ojafranpa »

That Caroll should not be playing soccer.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If only Son has the defensive skills of Dele he would be a phenom.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Even half punctuated by 2 Kane clinical goals.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

That's it spammers. Chock on our big Tottenham Cockerel. COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sissoko has had a very good game. My worry - some very loud Spurs fans are not prepared to give him a chance! He has done well in that CM role. Poor Cresswell has been double banged by the French bros - Aurier et Sissoko.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What da heck is wrong with Dele? Wasted a golden opportunity to make it 3.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Sissoko has had a very good game. My worry - some very loud Spurs fans are not prepared to give him a chance! He has done well in that CM role. Poor Cresswell has been double banged by the French bros - Aurier et Sissoko.
Sissoko only needs to keep producing superb performances like this and he will win the fans over. Nearly all the payers have had to deal with it at one point or another.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Marginal call for penalty denied against Dele.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aurier is a beast. Is he better than Trippier? Not yet ready to declare it but I like what I see.