TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017/2018 Season: [PL] BOU vs TOT, WK 30

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

MoPo decides to stick with his regular first team. Only change is Dier dropped for Wanyama. I never saw that coming as MoPo loves playing Dier if he is available for selection.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:We can't stop danfo from contributing to this thread but what we can do is just ignore his rant. The fact remains 99.9999% of Spurs fans don't even know he exists. His opinion is only an irritant to us here. Let's ignore all his posts in this thread and any other.
Replying him his giving him too much importance.

We are on the road again. The nomads of 2018. Boys, lets get back on the winning horse.
TGBATG. COYS
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They also do not know that success exists. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017/2018 Season: [CL] TOT vs JUV, RD16 2-L

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:dd, give it a rest and stop behaving like a moron. We lost. Big deal. It is not the end of the world. It was not as if Juve was way and above Spurs in all categories. It was a game of fine margins. On another day Kane would have scored one if not both chances that came his way and the story would have been different. Where I fault MoPo is him underestimating the importance of defensive tactics in a game like this but instead believing in his offensive powers to get the match won. He is going to learn. The players will learn. The team will grow and learn from this.

Secondly what you fail to appreciate is the progression this team is making. Go back the last 20 years and you will see where Spurs once was and where it is today. We are making steady but sure progress and I am happy with that. There is nothing wrong with the club.
this is where i have a problem with you lot

most recently you finished 3rd in a 2-horse race.

you are NOT going to win the Prem any time soon...yet you are celebrating progression from Top 6 to Top 4
They dont know success... and thats the biggest problem.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:MoPo decides to stick with his regular first team. Only change is Dier dropped for Wanyama. I never saw that coming as MoPo loves playing Dier if he is available for selection.
Delighted with the move. Dier was shiite vs Juve. Here is to the boys doing well.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Rose decided to cut off the horrible beard he was keeping as well as get a haircut

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What a leftoff. Offside trap collapsed.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

my lord dat bournmouth striker is beyond useless.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

jeez
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

There it is!!! Golaso!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Snap

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

At last!!!! lovely strike!!!!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

it was coming
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Its a Goal wrote:What a leftoff. Offside trap collapsed.

Cough cough :rotf: :rotf: you wan go join ya Buffy for on top palm tree :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bournemouth swarming all over Spurs.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Looks like the midweek match has not been shaken off totally.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We have to start carving out chances. I doubt we have had 2 shots on target as at yet.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane score it was ruled offside :evil:.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

that wasn't offside
Danny Blanchflower
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kane is out for the season .... bye bye Toto
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane looks like he won't be able to continue :cry:. Rolled his ankle it appears like.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If he has to come out I'll rather have Moura than Llorente replace him. Son can be the target man.