TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] APOEL vs Spurs

Post by pajimoh »

IAG, this thread is about Spurs and not the opposition. Always put Spurs in CAPITAL
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Apoel will get a beating. Spurs have the away magic that is lacking at home.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Glad to see Anthony G. on my he bench. Hopefully he will get a run out.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kumasi based palm wine Tapper how market today :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=Brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: IAG, this thread is about Spurs and not the opposition. Always put Spurs in CAPITAL
Does really matter? All that matters is a win and 3 points so get back to your shrine and start praying :mrgreen:.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] APOEL 0 vs 0 TOT Spur

Post by Cristao II »

If Trippier plays on the left, forget this game. Spurs will not win with that guy on the left. Even with him on the pitch, I am doubtful!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane with a classy finish
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] APOEL 0 vs 1 TOT Spur

Post by toyin133 »

Llorente for Aurier
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane double 0-2
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane treble 0-3
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane makes it a first hat trick of the season.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

GKN comes on to give Kane a breather
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] APOEL 0 vs 3 TOT Spur

Post by toyin133 »

Georgiou comes on for his debut
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Game meandering to a finish
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Full time, Spurs tame Apoel 0-3
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good result. Spurs didnt need to go up a gear. Good saves by Lloris. Trippier looked far better on the right but had an average game on the left. Solid hattrick for Kane.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:Kumasi based palm wine Tapper how market today :woot:
Palmy junkie, I see you didn't comment on our game, must have been a bad night for you? :rotf: Don't worry you have Thursday footy to look forward to :tic: :sneaky:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: Kumasi based palm wine Tapper how market today :woot:
Palmy junkie, I see you didn't comment on our game, must have been a bad night for you? :rotf: Don't worry you have Thursday footy to look forward to :tic: :sneaky:
Ghost town here as haters have conveniently overlooked this thread :lol:.

Lloris gave us a fantastic game today with his saves. We could have gone either one down or be even if not for those 2 classy saves.

Kane, what more can one say about him :clap:? Perfect hattrick today. He took all his goals well and he's getting better and better with his scoring touch. Drops back when necessary to start attack and is always at the right spot to finish off the job. Summer is going to be hot with world record offers coming in for him so I say let's enjoy him while we still have him.

The team was basically lackadaisical in the opening exchanges which had mainly to do with the absence of our 2 tallies men, Dele and Eriksen, on the pitch. In days gone by we would have either lost, or at best drawn, this match but MoPo had laid into them way before the match started that they have no reason to not win this match. It must have been that mentality that eventually carried them through.

Against RM at the Bernabéu it is going to be a different game plan. RM is too strong offensively for us to risk going forward and setting up offside traps. Hopefully we should have all our best players available aside Dele and Wanyama. I fully expect MoPo to deploy a tactics he is not known for, an over-bearing defensive side. Before then let us enjoy this victory. It is the first time we are winning our opening 2 games in the CL :D.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: Kumasi based palm wine Tapper how market today :woot:
Ghost town here as haters have conveniently overlooked this thread :lol:.

Lloris gave us a fantastic game today with his saves. We could have gone either one down or be even if not for those 2 classy saves.

Kane, what more can one say about him :clap:? Perfect hattrick today. He took all his goals well and he's getting better and better with his scoring touch. Drops back when necessary to start attack and is always at the right spot to finish off the job. Summer is going to be hot with world record offers coming in for him so I say let's enjoy him while we still have him.

The team was basically lackadaisical in the opening exchanges which had mainly to do with the absence of our 2 tallies men, Dele and Eriksen, on the pitch. In days gone by we would have either lost, or at best drawn, this match but MoPo had laid into them way before the match started that they have no reason to not win this match. It must have been that mentality that eventually carried them through.

Against RM at the Bernabéu it is going to be a different game plan. RM is too strong offensively for us to risk going forward and setting up offside traps. Hopefully we should have all our best players available aside Dele and Wanyama. I fully expect MoPo to deploy a tactics he is not known for, an over-bearing defensive side. Before then let us enjoy this victory. It is the first time we are winning our opening 2 games in the CL :D.
Agree everything in your post. Kane is a monster scoring goals for fun. He made THFC history too.
I want to give a nice shout out to Moussa Sissoko. He is improving every game he has played and I just hope he continues to find his own two feet in the CM role. Loved his bullying style against Mark Noble in the Wet Spam game last Saturday.
Dele should NOT be in the England squad for the final WCQ games. His form has been 'milk toast'. If Southgate calls him up, then England have some serious issues in the ACM role.

ps. Today, I went to the SPVRS (Stadium Project Virtual Reality Suite) Tour and oh my goodness. I don't know what to say but the new stadium looks incredible. I cannot wait to see the finish product in August 2018. They did not allow me to take photos but money well spent. Bravo to Lewis, Levy and friends. I might consider having a premium season ticket next season.

Bring on the Yorkshire boys on early Saturday afternoon kick-off.

THFC 4 LIFE
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ken, great reporting on the stadium progress. I've been hearing a few disturbing news lately that the cost is sky rocking and may hinder the completion. What have you heard?

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:Ken, great reporting on the stadium progress. I've been hearing a few disturbing news lately that the cost is sky rocking and may hinder the completion. What have you heard?
Thanks IAG. The costs is sky rocketing but they should able to cover the overall costs since we have loans made from various banks hence why we are seeking for a sponsor for the new stadium. The stadium will be completed and Levy/Lewis should be capable to dealing with excessive costs.

Expecting three points away from home against Huddersfield.
I hope Alli steps up and perform. Apparently, he could be suspended from international after that gesture towards Kyle Walker. I hope that happens for the sake of THFC..
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Ken, great reporting on the stadium progress. I've been hearing a few disturbing news lately that the cost is sky rocking and may hinder the completion. What have you heard?
Thanks IAG. The costs is sky rocketing but they should able to cover the overall costs since we have loans made from various banks hence why we are seeking for a sponsor for the new stadium. The stadium will be completed and Levy/Lewis should be capable to dealing with excessive costs.

Expecting three points away from home against Huddersfield.
I hope Alli steps up and perform. Apparently, he could be suspended from international after that gesture towards Kyle Walker. I hope that happens for the sake of THFC..
Alli already suspended for 1 game for England. I'm not complaining though. West Ham fans will absolutely be jealous of our stadium :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: