TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT

Post by toyin133 »

FT
congratulations Rochdale
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Rochdale. Mad respect
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh well. Good that we are giving Rochdale a nice pay day at Wembley as well as the day experience of visiting. Congrats to Rochdale.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Another game at wembulee (Spurnabeu)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Oh well. Good that we are giving Rochdale a nice pay day at Wembley as well as the day experience of visiting. Congrats to Rochdale.
Good payday for them.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Spurs seem determined to give every lowly club the Wembley experience
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Very idiotic performance by Spurs especially certain players like Son and Wanyama. The pitch? No. If you want to be champions show your quality. Now we have another game. Shameful.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

We have been poor.
Watch Man City destroy 2nd place League One Wigan tomorrow.
Last edited by kenmega on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Cristao II wrote:Very idiotic performance by Spurs especially certain players like Son and Wanyama. The pitch? No. If you want to be champions show your quality. Now we have another game. Shameful.
Agreed.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Oh well. Good that we are giving Rochdale a nice pay day at Wembley as well as the day experience of visiting. Congrats to Rochdale.
Good payday for them.
Newport is still benefiting from the one day experience there. Hopefully Rochdale too will enjoy it. Honestly I have no qualms about it as they played their hearts out. Bigger teams ought to be doing this more often as it gives these bottom feeder teams the chance to earn a bigger check than they normally earn playing a league match.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:We have been poor.
Watch Man City destroy League One leaders Wigan tomorrow.
As good as we might think we are, Spurs play as a team. We made 11 changes. A determined but less talented TEAM will give you a run for your money.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Very poor. We don't need extra games. I don't get why they don't want to fight for entry into the first team. No wonder some were benched vs Juventus. Rose and Trippier couldn't do simple cross into box.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

pajimoh wrote:
As good as we might think we are, Spurs play as a team. We made 11 changes. A determined but less talented TEAM will give you a run for your money.
Okay, if its against Millwall then okay but bottom of League One Rochdale? Poor, very poor.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Very idiotic performance by Spurs especially certain players like Son and Wanyama. The pitch? No. If you want to be champions show your quality. Now we have another game. Shameful.
Agreed.
But you were just saying they deserve a replay and they've got it. Spurs were expected to win because of the gulf on league but that wasn't a balanced side and the FA cup is about effort and Dale but one in. We're still in it
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Very idiotic performance by Spurs especially certain players like Son and Wanyama. The pitch? No. If you want to be champions show your quality. Now we have another game. Shameful.
Harsh. There are certain teams that you know how much better than but can't break down easily. The performance wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be. I am happy for Rochdale as they deserve to earn a big payday at Wembley.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Okay, if its against Millwall then okay but bottom of League One Rochdale? Poor, very poor.
This is not the league. Different mentality and effort.
This is the beauty of the FA cup.
I'm even believing it might B ours. The road to victory is often littered with near misses.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Oh well. Good that we are giving Rochdale a nice pay day at Wembley as well as the day experience of visiting. Congrats to Rochdale.
Good payday for them.
Newport is still benefiting from the one day experience there. Hopefully Rochdale too will enjoy it. Honestly I have no qualms about it as they played their hearts out. Bigger teams ought to be doing this more often as it gives these bottom feeder teams the chance to earn a bigger check than they normally earn playing a league match.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

translation:

1. we are lily-livered and we could not beat a team 2 divisions below us
2. let's just enjoy the football; we have ZERO ambition of winning any trophy
3. see #1

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Cristao II wrote:
Very poor. We don't need extra games. I don't get why they don't want to fight for entry into the first team. No wonder some were benched vs Juventus. Rose and Trippier couldn't do simple cross into box.
Ironic - Rose was at fault for the 2nd goal. You could say Trippier was at fault for the 1st.
I do question players like Foyth and Llorente on what are they doing.
This replay will be played TWO days after the Palace game.

Oh well. Rochdale deserves a replay but Spurs will demolish them with anger.

THFC 4 LIFE
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Good payday for them.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

translation:

1. we are lily-livered and we could not beat a team 2 divisions below us
2. let's just enjoy the football; we have ZERO ambition of winning any trophy
3. see #1
Rochdale just played Spurs to a draw but the 500m team got whooped with their parked bus and all #respect :tic:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Very idiotic performance by Spurs especially certain players like Son and Wanyama. The pitch? No. If you want to be champions show your quality. Now we have another game. Shameful.
Harsh. There are certain teams that you know how much better than but can't break down easily. The performance wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be. I am happy for Rochdale as they deserve to earn a big payday at Wembley.
Harsh ke. Those guys changed their pitch because of us. We are playing Div 1. England internationals can't cross the ball. A Kenyan international is unfocused. Dier should bench his unserious arse. Total lack of desire and professionalism. Some of the players today will leave at the end of this season. I trust Pochettino.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ironic - Rose was at fault for the 2nd goal. You could say Trippier was at fault for the 1st.

THFC 4 LIFE
I'm beginning to suspect Kane had tied the legs of other strikers o. :rotf: His juju is strong
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kenmega wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

THFC 4 LIFE
Kpom. The midfield was strolling back. Who was Victor marking that we had an overload on the left.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Harsh ke. Those guys changed their pitch because of us. We are playing Div 1. England internationals can't cross the ball. A Kenyan international is unfocused. Dier should bench his unserious arse. Total lack of desire and professionalism. Some of the players today will leave at the end of this season. I trust Pochettino.
Relax. Bad but not that bad.