TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] BUR vs TOT

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:Dier's day looks to be done. Lamela about to take his place.
Hopefully it's just a precaution
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

One more goal needed to completely erase last week's deficit.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane has now tied Alan Shearer's record of 36 premier league goals in a calendar year
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Llorente coming on for Dele.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: Kane has now tied Alan Shearer's record of 36 premier league goals in a calendar year
It's a remarkable feat :clap: :clap: :clap:.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: Kane has now tied Alan Shearer's record of 36 premier league goals in a calendar year
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Awards FC

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Good people of CE village, please I'm looking for that smelly cv4t anigbelenu with his igbe mouth. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT spurs win again
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Awards FC
It's a good personal achievement. Respect the man
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Awards FC
sorry

Harry Kane FC

considering he should not be playing the final 2 league games of the calendar year...but hey.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

A strong way to comeback from that embarrassment. On to Southampton.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Good game - should have been 7 or 8 goals but nice to see Kane at his best again (Ironically, I was the game when Shearer scored his 36th PL goal record against Spurs in Dec 1995)...
Foyth should have been given a go at this game when we are 3-0 up.
Dier looks better as a DM.
Alli had a crappy performance tonight and he blatantly dived.

Onwards and upwards..

THFC 4 LIFE :D
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Awards FC
sorry

Harry Kane FC

considering he should not be playing the final 2 league games of the calendar year...but hey.
I understand your jealousy. Hey, I would be too if someone that cost nothing keep outscoring the 80m sausage :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote: I understand your jealousy. Hey, I would be too if someone that cost nothing keep outscoring the 80m sausage :rotf:
kept outscoring?

you mean padding stats, like 13 goals in the last 2 games right?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good game. Really hope that he can break Shearer's records!! Looks like Burnley's tactics are to whine and shout when their player is touched.

Solid mental performance by Dele Alli and great support from the away Spurs fans. That penalty was not a dive but it was soft. The player touched Dele. Also that tackle was 50-50. I was pissed off that he even got a card for it. Also say hi to the most biased TV commentators I had heard in a while ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:Good game. Really hope that he can break Shearer's records!! Looks like Burnley's tactics are to whine and shout when their player is touched.

Solid mental performance by Dele Alli and great support from the away Spurs fans. That penalty was not a dive but it was soft. The player touched Dele. Also that tackle was 50-50. I was pissed off that he even got a card for it. Also say hi to the most biased TV commentators I had heard in a while ...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote: I understand your jealousy. Hey, I would be too if someone that cost nothing keep outscoring the 80m sausage :rotf:
kept outscoring?

you mean padding stats, like 13 goals in the last 2 games right?
I'm sure Lukaku and all the manure players have the same opportunities against the same teams. You're welcome to keep " padding" the stats
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs SOU

Post by Its a Goal »

After going into the Christmas day on the back of a must win match we are now back to Wembley with another must win match to contend with. The race for top 4 is heating up and points are coming now at a premium. We cannot afford to drop points in this match. We are fortunate to have a full compliment of first team players to pick from with the possible addition of Wanyama returning from injury.

I fully expect MoPo to rotate the team by making 3 or 4 changes. Southampton are in crisis with Van Dyke possibly not playing and a number of key players becoming absent. My team will be:

• Kane
    • Son * Lamela

Rose * Winks * Eriksen * Aurier
  • Jan * Sanchez * Foyth
      • Lloris

Knowing MoPo and the way he thinks I think he will go with a more offensive approach with this lineup:
      • Kane
  • Son * Eriksen * Dele

Rose * Dembele * Aurier
  • Jan * Sanchez * Dier
      • Lloris

I don't think MoPo is going to risk starting Wanyama in this match. Just as he has done with Lamela he is going to ease him back into the first team and build up his match fitness going into the more difficult matches. He is going to start Dele because he wants to continue playing Dele until he regains his sharpness. If by the 75th minute we are winning comfortably and Kane already has a hattrick I believe he will take out Kane for Llorente, Lamela for Son and possibly Wanyama for Dembele.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBTG. COYS. COYS. COYS
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The manager opted for a 4-2-3-1 formation meaning Dier will partner Dembele in midfield.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

First 3 minutes saw Sou apply the pressure on Spurs.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane just a foot wide of breaking the calendar year scoring record.