Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 226  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Back to the competition MoPo knows he has to do reasonable well in. This is going to be the easiest of the remaining competition Spurs is in to win. Up next is Rochdale away on a pitch not fit to host a proper football match. It is a travesty to be found playing there but eh, this is what the FA Cup is all about. The pitch was relayed a week ago... not with grass but sand. Even Cameroun's pitch is not as bad as this.

Regardless of the condition and elements this is the type of match that brings you down to earth and humbles you. We are going from playing in the iconic Allianz stadium to a Sunday league pitch :glare:. The players should not focus on that but on the task at hand. The task has to be simply making quick work of the opposition and stay in the draw for the quarter-finals.

On the injury front we have no new concerns to worry about. Kane may not make the bench as he picked up a slight knock. He would be left out of the squad out of an abundance case of caution. Alderweireld played in the last round replay and should be good to go. If he fails to make the team as he did in the last 2 games then tongues will surely waggle faster than an amebo going to tell tales. The 2nd squad team has had a chance to play together a little more consistently lately and I expect them to file out tomorrow. My team will be:

      Llorente * Son
        Lamela
    Wanyama * Sissoko * Moura
Rose * Alderweireld * Foyth * Aurier
        Vorm


This is a chance for these lads to shine and push a stake for playing regularly in the first team. Players like Alderweireld, Rose and Moura need to shine brightly. A massive margin win wouldn't tell us anything but a hard fought close contest should as it will tell us a lot about the character of these players.

COYS!!!

The first and second team is interchangeable. Son, Rose, Wanyama, Alder are first team players. Some are returning from I jury while Son was on the ben h against Juve for tactics reason.
The Rochdale pitch has been replayed and I think it's with grass to the tune of £500,000

I agree but for the last few matches now MoPo has settled with the same lineup consistently. His preference is with this lineup:

Kane
Son * Dele
Dembele* Eriksen * Dier
Davies * Jan * Sanchez * Trippier
Lloris

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27533
Its a Goal wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Back to the competition MoPo knows he has to do reasonable well in. This is going to be the easiest of the remaining competition Spurs is in to win. Up next is Rochdale away on a pitch not fit to host a proper football match. It is a travesty to be found playing there but eh, this is what the FA Cup is all about. The pitch was relayed a week ago... not with grass but sand. Even Cameroun's pitch is not as bad as this.

Regardless of the condition and elements this is the type of match that brings you down to earth and humbles you. We are going from playing in the iconic Allianz stadium to a Sunday league pitch :glare:. The players should not focus on that but on the task at hand. The task has to be simply making quick work of the opposition and stay in the draw for the quarter-finals.

On the injury front we have no new concerns to worry about. Kane may not make the bench as he picked up a slight knock. He would be left out of the squad out of an abundance case of caution. Alderweireld played in the last round replay and should be good to go. If he fails to make the team as he did in the last 2 games then tongues will surely waggle faster than an amebo going to tell tales. The 2nd squad team has had a chance to play together a little more consistently lately and I expect them to file out tomorrow. My team will be:

      Llorente * Son
        Lamela
    Wanyama * Sissoko * Moura
Rose * Alderweireld * Foyth * Aurier
        Vorm


This is a chance for these lads to shine and push a stake for playing regularly in the first team. Players like Alderweireld, Rose and Moura need to shine brightly. A massive margin win wouldn't tell us anything but a hard fought close contest should as it will tell us a lot about the character of these players.

COYS!!!

The first and second team is interchangeable. Son, Rose, Wanyama, Alder are first team players. Some are returning from I jury while Son was on the ben h against Juve for tactics reason.
The Rochdale pitch has been replayed and I think it's with grass to the tune of £500,000

I agree but for the last few matches now MoPo has settled with the same lineup consistently. His preference is with this lineup:

Kane
Son * Dele
Dembele* Eriksen * Dier
Davies * Jan * Sanchez * Trippier
Lloris

The only reason why Lamela was preferred against Juve is 'cos of his Italian background. That means Son I fresh for tomorrow. I expect Son to be back in first team duties as your line-up suggests. But Poch tactics mean thing can change on a whim

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm
Posts: 6618
Location: London
Lucas Moura looking pretty good :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:31 am
Posts: 12626
First real chance for rochdale after Wanyama dispossessed.

_________________
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:31 am
Posts: 12626
llorente misses

_________________
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
Just got from Church and started posting on the wrong thread :lol:.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
The pitch is just terrible.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
Lucas is really good.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27533
Its a Goal wrote:
Lucas is really good.

Can we unleash him against Juve?

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
The Son-Llorente combo upfront is not clicking.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Lucas is really good.

Can we unleash him against Juve?

I think there is a claim to be made for it though I still say he needs some more games to jell with the rest of the squad.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:31 am
Posts: 12626
Rochdale score on the counter

_________________
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
Snap. Winks loses the ball in the middle and leads to a cupset on the cards.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm
Posts: 6618
Location: London
Useless - losing to a team that is bottom of League One


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm
Posts: 6618
Location: London
i don't blame Winks but what is the point of signing Foyth?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27533
toyin133 wrote:
Rochdale score on the counter

Did you Sa Tottenham score or Rockdale score? :tic:

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 29298
This is what happens when an attack is unserious. Between Llorente, Son, Moura and Wanyama. They need to fvcking wake up. This is not how professionals who want a future at Spurs should play particularly the front three. Tufiakwa

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
kenmega wrote:
i don't blame Winks but what is the point of signing Foyth?

Wait, why is Foyth to blame for the goal? Winks 100% is responsible. You know the condition of the pitch, you know there are things you shouldn't do as the pitch condition won't allow it.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 29298
Its a Goal wrote:
The pitch is just terrible.


Pitch can't be excuse for the crsp some idiots have served up today. They feel they don't have to be here. Pochettino better stick one to their head.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
Cristao II wrote:
This is what happens when an attack is unserious. Between Llorente, Son, Moura and Wanyama. They need to fvcking wake up. This is not how professionals who want a future at Spurs should play particularly the front three. Tufiakwa

Calm down. The pitch is terrible regardless of how greenly it looks on TV. The players can't move freely as their feet keeps getting stuck in. Hopefully they will up the ante and get the equalizer so that we can deal with them at Wembley.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27533
It makes for an interesting game. The game should have started as handicap game with Rockdale 2 goals up. Now COYS, go prove you want it more

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 36096
Location: Transition
Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
The pitch is just terrible.

Pitch can't be excuse for the crsp some idiots have served up today. They feel they don't have to be here. Pochettino better stick one to their head.

That is not my reading of the game so far. The pitch is not allowing the ball move in a natural way and the players can't move properly as it feels like playing on mud. I'm sure you remember what it was like playing on mud especially after it had rained. It's like playing with led boots.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 226  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bret- hart, cchinukw, Chief Ogbunigwe, chif456, Coach, ElHadary, emekonia, Google [Bot], gosh, john12, kzz5joa, lakdarbelloumi, living, maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot], marko, metalalloy, Metho scorpion, Odas, oloye, oyek, Rawlings, txj, uglyoneiamagain, Vindave, zee and 58 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group