SUPERCOPA: MADRID VS BARCA (2-0) 5-1 agg

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: SUPERCOPA: BARCA VS MADRID (3-1) FT

Post by charlie »

pajimoh wrote:Palm wine addict aniks, looking at the way you entered the score on the thread it looks like Barca won 3-1
Knowing anikulapo, he go say na sarcasm...
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUPERCOPA: BARCA VS MADRID (3-1) FT

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:Palm wine addict aniks, looking at the way you entered the score on the thread it looks like Barca won 3-1

Cheiiii my bad :taunt: :D fixed :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: SUPERCOPA: BARCA VS MADRID (1-3) FT

Post by bepanda »

It might take another 10 years until Barca can catch up. Neymar might have seen the light. Remember last time they were dead after Cruyff? Had to wait until Rijkaard righted the ship ... with a PSG player named ... R.. ... ouch.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The sun is setting on Barca. As for R. Madrid, I would be very shocked if they don't do the treble.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

bret- hart wrote:The sun is setting on Barca. As for R. Madrid, I would be very shocked if they don't do the treble.
My my, Barcelona now buying Paulinho from China, things are not looking good there.

But then again this is one team.you can never write off.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

benteke wrote:
bret- hart wrote:The sun is setting on Barca. As for R. Madrid, I would be very shocked if they don't do the treble.
My my, Barcelona now buying Paulinho from China, things are not looking good there.

Outside of Neymar, Paulinho has probably been the most influential player for the Brazilian national team. Barcelona need that midfield help. They need to bolster their midfield before replacing Neymar. They've done a terrible job integrating Samper and Sergi Roberto. They MUST fix their midfield issues. No problems with the Paulinho buy.
Messi is still there.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

CRon gets 5 game ban
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Bigpokey24 wrote:CRon gets 5 game ban
Given the injustice of his sending off, I cannot understand this. Yes he shouldnt have touched the ref, but 5 games stinks of bad belle. Maybe this is La Liga's attempt to make this year a little less predictable.

That said, with Ascensio, I wont be surprised if Madrid dont miss a beat with CR
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

platinum wrote:
benteke wrote:

Outside of Neymar, Paulinho has probably been the most influential player for the Brazilian national team. Barcelona need that midfield help. They need to bolster their midfield before replacing Neymar. They've done a terrible job integrating Samper and Sergi Roberto. They MUST fix their midfield issues. No problems with the Paulinho buy.
Messi is still there.
Remember, even when Paulinho was with Spurs, he was decent for Brazil.
But he was deemed one of the flops that Spurs wasted the Bale money on, such was the lack of interest that he ended up in China.

Maybe time will prove this to be a very smart buy for Barcelona.
But at first glance this didn't seem like the type of business we are now used to seeing Barcelona do. But what do i know :biggrin:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUPERCOPA 2nd Leg: MADRID VS BARCA (3-1) agg

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmm are my eyes deceiving but this game dey start at 5pm Eastern time? :shock:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

charlie wrote:
Given the injustice of his sending off, I cannot understand this. Yes he shouldnt have touched the ref, but 5 games stinks of bad belle. Maybe this is La Liga's attempt to make this year a little less predictable.

That said, with Ascensio, I wont be surprised if Madrid dont miss a beat with CR
Bros they have a penalty for pushing a ref. Minimum of 4 games I believe.
Under article 96 of the Code of the Spanish Football Federation, it states that any player who “catches, shoots or shakes” a referee in a manner perceived to be violent risks a suspension anywhere between four and 12 matches
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 91771.html

So if you use the original injustice to justify an assault on the ref, you are going on a slippery slope. He deserves to serve the time or even more because he is a role model for lots of kids and should be held to higher standard.
Last edited by Cito on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote:
charlie wrote:

Bros they have a penalty for pushing a ref. Minimum of 4 games I believe. So if you use the original injustice to justify an assault on the ref, you are going on a slippery slope. He deserve to serve the time or even more because he is a role model for more kids and should be held to higher standard.
:roll: :roll: when Messi did the same, what happened?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cito wrote:
charlie wrote:

Bros they have a penalty for pushing a ref. Minimum of 4 games I believe. So if you use the original injustice to justify an assault on the ref, you are going on a slippery slope. He deserve to serve the time or even more because he is a role model for more kids and should be held to higher standard.
:roll: :roll: when Messi did the same, what happened?
Did the ref have this incident in his post match report? Was the rules outlined above in effect then?

FYI: The rule came into effect after the Messi incident.
It was only afterwards that the law for punishing players for any aggressive acts towards referees was introduced, and so Messi escaped scot-free.
http://www.givemesport.com/1123512-lion ... el-clasico
I am not not defending his actions in any way and think he deserved punishment but that does not take away from the fact that Ronaldo needs to be dinged.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUPERCOPA 2nd Leg: MADRID VS BARCA (3-1) agg

Post by anikulapo »

Real Madrid Starting XI: Keylor Navas, Dani Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Kovacic, Asensio, Lucas, Benzema.

Barcelona Starting XI: Ter Stegen, Sergi Roberto, Umtiti, Piqué, Alba, Mascherano, Busquets, André Gomes, Rakitić, Messi and Luis Suárez.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUPERCOPA: MADRID VS BARCA (0-0) 3-1 agg

Post by anikulapo »

Umtiti saves it from being 1-0

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Asensio. Star. This boy will be and is a bonafide star. 1-0
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

it is 1-0
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

1-0 Real Buzzing
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wow Madrid want to bury Barca permanently

MLK.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Umititi might be the fall guy to blame for Barca's demise :shock: see how that thug of a captain manhandled him!! :P
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUPERCOPA: MADRID VS BARCA (1-0) 4-1 agg

Post by anointed »

Not much done to Ascensio there...first look I was gonna blame the ref
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I dey fear for Dembele coming to Barca to fill the shoes of Neymar in this charged climate ... God help him

MLK.
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

anikulapo wrote:I dey fear for Dembele coming to Barca to fill the shoes of Neymar in this charged climate ... God help him

Is he as good as gone? :evil: