SUPERCOPA: MADRID VS BARCA (2-0) 5-1 agg

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUPERCOPA: MADRID VS BARCA (2-0) 5-1 agg

Post by Kabalega »

Kai, Suarez out for a month with a knee injury.

Barça are in trouble with Inesta out too. :shock:
They had better protect Messi because older players take too long to bounce back from injury.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:wanajo abeg give the bobo credit..Jose couldn't do what ZZ is doing . Real is like the best counter attacking team in club football today.. and that Asenjo..my goodness bobo left foot nah thunder
Asensio, Moron.
:( Makes me sad seeing my little laddies fighting, make up boys :evil:

Look at how this thread just dey smell. Please, close your legs.
Just make up with BP, haba!
Please, close your legs. Ashawo.
*shakes head* poor laddie!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kabalega wrote:Kai, Suarez out for a month with a knee injury.

Barça are in trouble with Inesta out too. :shock:
They had better protect Messi because older players take too long to bounce back from injury.

Messi might become jealous of Neymar :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I thought they were singing about their academy, where are the new Iniesta , Xavi, Pique etc? Looks like an era has just come to an end with Barca unless this coach can conjure magic...so far he does not look like it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

wanaj0 wrote:
charlie wrote:
platinum wrote:Zidane has crafted a masterful Real side who can beat opponents in EVERY way. This side reminds me of him in his prime, they can play fast-fast, fast-slow, slow-slow football. Any tempo, any style, they have the antidote.
To be honest, we shouldnt be suprised. Zinedine Zidane as a player is probably the smartest footballer in history. I cannot think of any legendary player that had a deeper celebral understanding of the game than he did. His ability to utterly control the tempo of a game and play as if everyone else is playing in slow motion showed a deep knowledge of the ebbs and flow of the game. I am not surprised he is making an excellent coach. At this pace, he might end up being the most winning coach in history in the next 5 years.
Credit to Zidane for all he has done at REAL but.......

Same was said of Pepe until he left Barca and he found out that Khaki no be leather :)
Pepe was a dolo! He had a good thing going at Barca and he just had to screw it up. I dont think he is going to find anything even close to that anytime soon. You are right, if Zizou leaves Real, all bets are off on if he can repeat his success anywhere else.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Before people get carried away, did they not waya Real last season? Barca is in a mess right now and the outcome of these matches point to that.

They have relied on same set of players for too long and the loss of Neymar and change of coach is bound to affect them.

I still cannot understand what is happening around the running of the team,the appointment of this coach is a head scratcher.....how good is he?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:Before people get carried away, did they not waya Real last season? Barca is in a mess right now and the outcome of these matches point to that.

They have relied on same set of players for too long and the loss of Neymar and change of coach is bound to affect them.

I still cannot understand what is happening around the running of the team,the appointment of this coach is a head scratcher.....how good is he?
Real won the CL back to back! First time in history. Barca at their peak could not do that. If Zidane is a 'noise maker', he will be in the news everyday!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:? :?

with this suarez injury will this be a one-team league now?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

tfco wrote::? :?

:-x :rotf: :rotf:
Ouch. Chief thats a low blow
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Samora Machel wrote:

:-x :rotf: :rotf:
Ouch. Chief thats a low blow
does he have any other choice than to land a low blow?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

oloye wrote:I thought they were singing about their academy, where are the new Iniesta , Xavi, Pique etc? Looks like an era has just come to an end with Barca unless this coach can conjure magic...so far he does not look like it.
The transfer ban affected them a lot.
Three years ago, they were 22nd in the Segunda.
Last season they were back to number one but the players are still not good enough to rub shoulders with the likes of Messi, Suarez and Iniesta.

The internal leadership politics is not helping matters.

The coach needs to go back to the tiki taka defending because they don't have traditional defenders and have now lost the attacking explosiveness of the MSN.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

There are other players besides those you know from the EPL.

Ever heard of Messi?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kabalega wrote:

There are other players besides those you know from the EPL.

Ever heard of Messi?

You mean the guy who has refused to sign an extension and could walk for free next summer ?

Ok oh :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

charlie wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
charlie wrote:
platinum wrote:Zidane has crafted a masterful Real side who can beat opponents in EVERY way. This side reminds me of him in his prime, they can play fast-fast, fast-slow, slow-slow football. Any tempo, any style, they have the antidote.
To be honest, we shouldnt be suprised. Zinedine Zidane as a player is probably the smartest footballer in history. I cannot think of any legendary player that had a deeper celebral understanding of the game than he did. His ability to utterly control the tempo of a game and play as if everyone else is playing in slow motion showed a deep knowledge of the ebbs and flow of the game. I am not surprised he is making an excellent coach. At this pace, he might end up being the most winning coach in history in the next 5 years.
Credit to Zidane for all he has done at REAL but.......

Same was said of Pepe until he left Barca and he found out that Khaki no be leather :)
Pepe was a dolo! He had a good thing going at Barca and he just had to screw it up. I dont think he is going to find anything even close to that anytime soon. You are right, if Zizou leaves Real, all bets are off on if he can repeat his success anywhere else.
Remember when Pep realised that Madrid was resurgent under Mourinho, he quickly ran away under the excuse of a sabbatical.

Zidane is doing very well, but he has I'd working with a very wonderful team that won CL with Ancelotti as well.
Very good team, although there's not much talk about it being one of the all time great teams
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote:
Remember when Pep realised that Madrid was resurgent under Mourinho, he quickly ran away under the excuse of a sabbatical.

Zidane is doing very well, but he has I'd working with a very wonderful team that won CL with Ancelotti as well.
Very good team, although there's not much talk about it being one of the all time great teams
Then why did they get rid of Ancelotti and get a newbie in Zidane?

Give Zizou his due. He is doing a great job as a coach.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote:
benteke wrote:

Then why did they get rid of Ancelotti and get a newbie in Zidane?

Give Zizou his due. He is doing a great job as a coach.

If I'm not mistaken, they got rid of Ancelotti, and put a Spanish boy Rafa Benitez and it was supposed to be euphoria, but he didn't last a full season, later replaced by Zinedine.