Ex Chelsea Youth Teamer Reveals- Conte Treated Mikel Badly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Ex Chelsea Youth Teamer Reveals- Conte Treated Mikel Badly

Post by niyi »

Former Chelsea youth team player Emmanuel Sarki has revealed ‎captain of the senior national team of Nigeria John Obi Mikel wasn’t fairly treated by manager Antonio Conte.

According to Sarki the treatment star forward Diego Costa is currently getting from the manager is nothing close to what former Chelsea ace Mikel suffered in the hands of the Italian coach.

Costa ‎is currently banished from the first team of the Premier League champions after a bust up with Conte last season, which lead to the manager sending him a message during the off season that his services is no longer needed at the club.

According to Sarki who was on the books of Chelsea until 2009, Mikel faced worst under Conte but the gentleman nature of the Tiajin Teda star helped calm what would have been similar to the Costa’s issues.

” I was told how Conte treated Mikel after his decision to represent Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympic. He was granted permission to go by Conte under one condition, which was you might not get a look in upon your return”, Sarki told Owngoalnigeria.com
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/08/15/ex ... but-mikel/
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Ex Chelsea Youth Teamer Reveals- Conte Treated Mikel Bad

Post by niyi »

I remember Mikel not playing even in FA cup and Carling Cup games... I was surprised he never spoke up even after leaving. 10+ years in Chelsea and a farewell as unceremonious as that. The truth is that Conte's man management is the reason why many players currently have a threadbare squad. Not surprised players like Matic, Chalobah, RLC and Zouma insisted on leaving, the only players who can stand him are those playing regularly.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

when i told yall about this, dem yab me...17 players let go since he became manager , costa is number 18 on the book
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

JJ.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Where is cocksu.cker, Mikel4 Wife! No wonder you were bleating like a hapless goat yesterday! Your legend humiliated your husband! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:Where is cocksu.cker, Mikel4 Wife! No wonder you were bleating like a hapless goat yesterday! Your legend humiliated your husband! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dude why do you always talk like this, can't you yab without being so vulgar? not cool
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Where is cocksu.cker, Mikel4 Wife! No wonder you were bleating like a hapless goat yesterday! Your legend humiliated your husband! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dude why do you always talk like this, can't you yab without being so vulgar? not cool
I see you are jealous. I am sure Mikel4wife will allow you put your fat mouth too. :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
I see you are jealous. I am sure Mikel4wife will allow you put your fat mouth too. :woot:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
if you like keep talking, posting, giggling with such language etc.. that nah your own business . I am just saying it's outplayed.. people have posted like these way way way way in the past.. so you doing this is pretty boring ..but hey whatever tickles your fancy carry on
SuperEagles

kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Mikel was let go because his services were no longer needed. Conte likes box to box defensive midfielders.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

kali wrote:Mikel was let go because his services were no longer needed. Conte likes box to box defensive midfielders.
To be fair, Conte never gave Mikel a chance to contribute. He did have an excess of DM talent in Matic and Conte so I can understand why, but there were some games where clearly JMO could have contibuted but never got a look.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Where is the mistreatment?

Coach told Mikel, "I would rather you not go to the amateur tournament."
Mikel went anyway, missed pre-season and had to take time off to recover for the new season.

By the time he came back, the team was just starting to stabilize but still had problems.

After a few weeks, the whole team found a groove and rode it to the end.

There was no way any sane coach was going to potentially destabilize that team by bringing Mikel into the mix.

Now, if Chelsea had continued to struggle, then Mikel would have had a look in.

At least Mikel got his Olympics experience. Imagine if he had rebuffed his country (he had good reason to do so too) and the same thing happened to him.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Kabalega wrote:Where is the mistreatment?

Mikel went anyway, missed pre-season and had to take time off to recover for the new season.

By the time he came back, the team was just starting to stabilize but still had problems.

There was no way any sane coach was going to potentially destabilize that team by bringing Mikel into the mix.

At least Mikel got his Olympics experience. Imagine if he had rebuffed his country (he had good reason to do so too) and the same thing happened to him.
There is trying to find a groove and there's deliberate mistreatment. Mikel never made the bench for league games, carling cup games or FA cup games. These were games where Conte allowed youth players and fringe players to stay active and possibly impress. Like I said... Conte is paying the price now. Where are Solanke, RLC, Zouma, Aina, Matic, Ivanovic, Ake, Tammy, Traore, Begovic, Costa? All decided to leave rather than work with him.
Last edited by niyi on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

17 players gone
SuperEagles

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija man knows which side his bread is buttered
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

niyi wrote:

There is trying to find a groove and there's deliberate mistreatment. Mikel never made the bench for league games, carling cup games or FA cup games. These were games where Conte allowed youth players and fringe players to stay active and possibly impress. Like I said... Conte is paying the price now. Where are Solanke, RLC, Zouma, Aina, Matic, Ivanovic, Ake, Tammy, Traore, Begovic, Costa? All decided to leave rather than work with him.
You have a point about Mikel not even making it to his throne on the bench. :)
That was cruel on Conte's part.

As for the exits, what's new? It is the Chelsea way. :D
Under Mourinho, the club lost better talent before them.

Remember Romelu Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Petr Cech, Filipe Luis, Andre Schurrle, David Luis and dare I mention Ryan Bertrand? :shock: :shock:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Kabalega wrote:
niyi wrote:

You have a point about Mikel not even making it to his throne on the bench. :)
That was cruel on Conte's part.

As for the exits, what's new? It is the Chelsea way. :D
Under Mourinho, the club lost better talent before them.

Remember Romelu Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Petr Cech, Filipe Luis, Andre Schurrle, David Luis and dare I mention Ryan Bertrand? :shock: :shock:

The team could use those at this point.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg